Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lal.D.V
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lal.D.VYour feedback matters!
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do. 1.
My daughter -in-law 14 months baby was suffering from motions. She was crying too much while motioning. What to do sir/medium. Thank you.
My 3 month old baby always suck her fingers. She is now taking less milk. Instead of dat she sucks her finger. please advice what to do.
I have 2 and half month baby. I gave breast feeding only 2 month. I gave not fully breast feed that means partially (formula and breast feed. Some personal issues I couldn't take proper intake so milk breeding is not enough for my baby. Now mine started mensuration. Can I give feeding to my baby? Can increase milk? If suppose I could not give breast milk .will my baby grow healthy? Please tell me.
On 22nd July my son (4 years old) had 101 fevers at night. I consulted homeopathic doctor (with whom I have consulted earlier and found effective in my son’s treatment of cold & cough). While the temperature reduced, my son started coughing. Homeopathic doctor gave him medicines for cough that I continued administering my son for next 2 days. However, I noticed that the cough increased, even though I also kept doing some home made things (like ginger honey paste, tulsi extract) to help reduce the cough fast. Since the cough increased in next 2 days, I assumed the homeopathic medicine is not effective in curing cough though it cured the fever .I therefore, started giving S-mucolite 3 times 3.5 ml (this was prescribed by our allopathic doctor 5 months back when he had chest cold). As expected, I could see significant improvement in frequency and sound of his cough with each passing day. In next 4 days my son’s coughing reduced to bare minimum though he is still coughing with a heavy cough sound and still has minor cold. I wanted to know whether I should continue only with S –mucolite for 3 more days (full course is of 7 days as last prescribed by the doctor during same type of cough). Should I also add a decongestant like Alex junior as prescribed earlier for regular cough? Or with passage of time the cough will subside and there is no need to start any other medicine. Please provide your suggestions?
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.