Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Vijayakumar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi VijayakumarYour feedback matters!
I'm 17 years old . I'm always sad from many depression. Plsssssssss. Suggest me , what can I do to free my mind always .
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Age is 49 years is alcoholic since 30 years drinks 180 to 300 ml of hard liquor daily now is facing high sugar ,cholesterol problems creatinine level is also high how can we solve this issue please guide.
The human hand is made up of 27 bones and a number of tendons and ligaments. An injury to any one of these bones or a disease that affects the bones and ligaments can make you experience excruciating pain in your hands. This pain can affect your ability to perform simple day to day tasks like holding a spoon or writing. Some common reasons your hand may pain are muscle strains, fractures, arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. Apart from pain relieving medication, there are a number of ways you can deal with this pain.
- Hot and cold compresses: Hot and cold therapy is ideal for any type of muscle or ligament injury. A cold compress helps in reducing the pain and inflammation by constricting blood vessels and numbing the area. On the other hand, a hot compress dilates blood vessels and increases the flow of blood and oxygen to the affected area. Ideally, the two should be used alternatively for 10 to 20 minutes each. A bag of frozen vegetables or ice wrapped in a towel makes an easy cold compress. To treat your hand with heat, use a moist heating pad or a hot water bottle. You could also dip your hands in warm water.
- Massage: A massage is a great way to treat hand pain that results from carpal tunnel syndrome. If the exact cause of pain is not known, massage the entire hand, wrist and forearm. A massage enhances blood flow to the area and hence improves flexibility and opens locked tendons. Using a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary can also aid in relieving hand pain.
- Hand exercises: If your work involves repetitive actions like typing, knitting or embroidery, the muscles in your hand can get locked into position thereby, causing pain and discomfort. To relieve this it is important to take a break from this repetitive exercise every hour and flex your hand. Try bending your fingers forwards and backwards and rotating your wrists in both directions to ensure that your joints remain smooth.
- Epsom salt water bath: For instant relief from intense hand pain, soak your hands in a bath made of hot water and epsom salts for 10 to 20 minutes. Follow this by wrapping your hands in a warm, wet washcloth and applying gentle pressure over the hand for 5-10 minutes. You should instantly feel relief from the pain and experience increased the flexibility of hand. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
I am feeling quite sensitive about my health from quite some time. This all happened due to anxiety disorder which I suffered from 6 months back and I am doing every possible thing to overcome it. I underwent various checkups ranging from Cardiology to anxiety. However each and every report was fine, and at end of diagnosis I was given etizola by my psychiatrist. After taking this medicine for almost two months regularly I found no pressure in my chest and sensitivity. Everything which gave me sleeplessness vanished off. But I left the medicine in midway and almost after a month the all things like chest pressure, chest pinching returned back. But I have once again started to take medicines and they are relieving me. But I am feeling a slight pain in my wrist and forearm of lEFT side. Please tell me do this all happen due to anxiety or I has to undergo any further checkups All ecgs, digital xray of chest, blood tests etc were good which I underwent 5 months .please tell me is it necessary to have these things done once again.
Doctor .Should people watch deep emotional movies (either romantic or anything else? I think watching too much emotional movies can lead human being to frustration. Because whenever I watch like that movies I feel frustrated ,despaired and sometimes it seems that why I am living in the external world but even I know that everything is fictitious .According to psychology, Should we watch emotional movies?
Now a days I feel, gonna die soon. Short breath, side paining, back paining, fevering and atc. So please tell me what problem and how solve them?
My husband takes alcohol daily 2 bottles since 25 years. Want to know the medicine to make him stop drinks.what can i do?
Asperger's Syndrome or Asperger's Disorder is a neurotypical condition that affects the development of the child the effects of which continue into adulthood. This condition typically shows up as difficulties faced by the patient when it comes to social interactions as well as other nonverbal means of communication. It should not be confused with autism as the patient has no speech and cognitive development delay.
Asperger's syndrome can show up as restricted and repetitive patterns in the behaviour of the patient. It lies at the higher end of the autism spectrum and the signs are usually less obvious.
Here are a few ways with which you can effectively deal with someone who is suffering from this disorder:
- Routine: The patient suffering from this condition will need a certain kind of stability as it is very difficult to predict what will happen in the near future or to even plan for it. The best way to tackle this scenario is with the help of a proper routine that can help the patient achieve some kind of control over the situation surrounding him or her so that he or she is better equipped and more capable of handling normal functioning and social situations as well.
- Information: It is also a good idea to help these patients in looking at and in processing information. While normal people may easily be able to discard insignificant or unimportant information, the brain of the patient suffering from asperger's syndrome does not allow him or her to do so. In many cases, the patient is not able to filter the important and the unimportant information. This can debilitate many functions. So, it is important to be present to help the patient in making decisions and processing information that is actually relevant to his or her functioning.
- Learning: One of the most crucial things to remember with the Asperger's patient is that they tend to understand and process things when they have a visual presentation rather than being told verbally. So showing them things practically in the proper manner is the right way to help them learn and process situations in a correct way. This will prevent them from doing things in the same old way even when their brains tell them that it will lead to wrong results.
- Physical Abilities: Poor motor skills as well as lack of proper organisation skills are traits that usually characterise these patients. It is important to make them aware of this during games and activities that require management as well as use of social skills. For example, football and other such activities can be introduced in the routine. This will promote interaction with the team in order to play and enjoy the game. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!