Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi PriyaYour feedback matters!
Hv any health benefits to sallow women vaginal juice. Wht r the benefits. Hv Dr. any minerals. If she has no infection any. please say.
I am 20 years I have periods problem among 3 years. I consulted many doctor s to this particular problem. But it was not solved. So pls solve my problem sir.
Hie I am 26 years old n I hv 2 children first is normal delivery a boy and second is baby girl with c section now I wanted to lose my weight so my baby is 10 month old what should I do to lose my weight please help me.
I am a female aged 61 with diabetes. I have prolapse of the bladder and in a recent gynaec examination I was told that the uterus has also descended slightly. My uterus has also not shrunk. There is a white discharge. My pap smear was negative. Menopause was at age 49. Please let me know if I should have the uterus removed and have the bladder pushed back into position with 'stitches' or a mesh?
I am a 20 years girl nd had irregular menstruation prblm since some yrs. Recently it had been diagnosed nd its Polysctic Ovarian syndrome that too bilateral. Even my two frnds are also suffering frm dis. I thnk it has become common amng girls. Bt its not a gud issue for our future! we have heard its not a big issue bt we can not play wid our lyf. Medicines work for a moment bt has no long term role. please suggest me how to get out frm dis. May not b fully bt almost I can Thanks for letting me share my prblm! Waiting fr rply.
Dyspepsia is a disorder of the stomach that is characterized by pain in the upper part of the stomach. It is not a single disorder, but is a collection of symptoms such as nausea, burping and bloating. It results when the acid of the stomach comes in contact with the mucosa of the digestive tract. These acids cause a breakdown of the mucosa leading to inflammation and irritation, which leads to indigestion. It may also result from eating disorders or certain medications.
The symptoms of this disorder tend to occur mostly after consuming food and drink. In some cases, the symptoms tend to go away after eating or drinking. The symptoms of dyspepsia are:
- You may feel bloated on a regular basis
- You may experience discomfort in your stomach
- Loss of appetite
- You may experience constant burping
- You may feel nauseous
- Symptoms of heartburn
- You may also experience chest pain and breathing difficulties
- You may be affected by jaundice
The various causes of dyspepsia are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome, which hampers the movement of food through the intestines
- If you are unable to properly digest dairy products
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease that results in reflux of the acids of the stomach
- Any inflammation of the gall bladder
- Various medicines such as aspirin, steroids and antibiotics may lead to dyspepsia
- If you suffer from depression or anxiety then it may lead to dyspepsia
- Excess consumption of chocolate, coffee and alcohol
Dyspepsia may be controlled by modifying your lifestyle. Some of the changes that you may make are:
- Don't sleep immediately after eating, wait for at least two hours before you go to bed
- Avoid spicy foods as they tend to aggravate symptoms of dyspepsia
- Space out your meals, eat multiple smaller meals instead of few large ones
- Restrict smoking and alcohol consumption
- Lose weight as being overweight may lead to dyspepsia
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy and maintain optimal weight levels
Ideal south Indian diet plan for weight loss:
Have a glass of warm water with a dash of lemon. And afterward, you can take a cup of tea but without any sugar in it. You can have 2 marie biscuits. Your total calorie intake till now will be 91.
Having same breakfast daily could be quite boring. So here are 2 ideas for breakfast.
First is to have an omelet made of 2 egg whites along with 2 slices of brown bread. Total - 250 calories.
Or you can have 2 sprouts dosas with a cup of onion and tomato chutney. Total calories -220.
Mid morning snack:
It is best to have a cup of green tea and a bowl full of fresh fruits. Total - 40 calories.
You can have brown rice vegetable pulao, raita of cucumber and onion and mixed veggies salad. Total calories -305.
Another option for lunch is to have sambar, lady finger veg, 3 medium sized ragi balls, and salad.
You can either have coffee or green tea but make sure not to include sugar in it. Additionally, you should have some sprouted green gram sundal. Total - 105 calories.
Dinner should be a light meal. So make sure not to eat too much. You can have a veggies salad along with 1 medium bowl of thayir pachadi and millet khichadi. Total calories count - 335
You can have a cup of milk and 4 soaked almonds. Total - 95 calories.
The entire diet plans given above counts for 1191 calories which are sufficient enough for a day. If you consume more calories then you will probably be gaining weight instead of losing. So try to stick with this plan.
Before you begin with the diet plan, make sure to include exercising in your routine too. It is essential to have at least 35 minutes workout daily to keep your body fit and healthy. Only eating healthy food is not sufficient to lose weight. You can include anything that you find interesting in your workout regime like walking, jogging, swimming, skating etc.
I am 15 year old, 10th standard girl but I still not stated menstruation cycle Kindly advise is there any problem later stage.
She had her periods last on 13th Feb. After that she had unprotected sex with her bf on 2nd March. Is there any chances of her getting pregnant. If yes, please suggest something to avoid this pregnancy.
What causes viral diseases to spread?
Caused by the microorganisms called viruses, infections pertaining to these microorganisms are known as viral diseases. These diseases are different and diverse in nature as they are caused by a number of viruses. Among them, the common cold is the most known viral disease and occurs due to the infection of your upper respiratory tract, namely the nose and throat.
Other widespread viral infections are:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- shingles or herpes zoster (a viral infection that leads to the development of rash)
- viral pneumonia (a condition that occurs due to viruses that are responsible for flu and colds)
- viral hepatitis (inflammation of the liver that is caused by a virus)
- viral meningitis (viral infection wherein inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain occurs)
- rubella, mumps and measles
How do they spread?
These diseases are infectious and can easily spread from one person to another. When the microorganism enters your body, it begins to reproduce.
The many different ways that they can spread include:
- breathing in the germs present in airborne droplets when an infected person sneezes or coughs
- coming in contact with the body fluids of an infected person during sexual activity
- indirect contact with these microorganisms when you touched inanimate objects handled by an infected person
- viral infections can also spread through insect bites. Certain germs depend on insects as carriers such as ticks and mosquitoes for moving from host to host
- having virus-contaminated water or food is another way in which viral infection can spread from person to person. Such a mode of transfer enables the virus to spread among a large number of people
My question is a 19 years boy can kiss a 35 years women can kiss upto 15 min or not and it's better to have closed relationships with her .
Hi Me and my Wife are planning for a baby. What are the necessary things I should keep in mind. Kindly guide.
I have many white and lucid leukorrhea with some blood streak after period. But no bad smell. This problem already last 3 months more. What happened to me, Dear doctor?
Sesame seeds are considered as the oldest oilseed crops in the world. They are derived from the plant of Sesamum genus. Though minuscule in comparison to other seeds, they are extremely beneficial for your health. They are very useful in the prevention of diabetes, lower blood pressure, and are also known to prevent a wide variety of cancers. In addition, sesame seeds are extremely useful for boosting the respiratory health, building strong bones, improving blood circulation, cleansing the body and in the elimination of depression and chronic stress.
They can be added as a natural ingredient in our day to day cooking and can be used in a wide variety of applications. Sesame seeds are rich in vitamins, minerals, and natural oils. They are also loaded with natural organic compounds such as iron, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc, protein, and tryptophan. Let us have a look at some of the health benefits of the sesame seeds.
- Blood pressure: One of the primary uses of adding sesame seeds to our diet is their ability to control blood pressure. They are loaded with magnesium that aids in the prevention of hypertension, and thus can be very beneficial in keeping the blood pressure conditions under check.
- Cancer prevention: Sesame seeds are also enriched with natural antioxidants that help in cleansing the body. This criterion benefits us in the fight against cancer. Sesame seeds also do have essential vitamins and minerals that reduce the risk of cancer drastically. They also restrict the circulation of free radicals. Some of the leukemia types that can be prevented when using sesame seeds include breast, lung, pancreatic, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Bone health: Sesame seeds are loaded with impressive levels of minerals such as zinc, calcium, and phosphorous. These are essential in strengthening and repairing the bones.
- Digestion: Sesame seeds contain natural fiber and hence form a strong element in metabolism. They are also very beneficial for removing the symptoms of constipation and keeps the condition of diarrhea in check. Fiber scraps out the harmful cholesterol from our body. Indirectly, they are beneficial to your heart and prevents heart ailment such as strokes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Oral health: Sesame seeds have a strong presence of antibacterial properties within them. Due to this reason, they are best used in the treatment of mouth ulcers and gum problems. Adding sesame seeds to warm water and squishing inside the mouth can act as a natural mouth cleanser.
- Skin and hair health: Sesame seeds have rich sources of zinc, a vital component that helps in the formation of collagen, an ingredient used to strengthen the muscle tissue, hair, and skin. They are also known to be part of many face packs and have anti-aging properties. They aid in the skin tightening process and act against the wrinkles.
As a part of culinary proceedings, sesame seeds can be had in a variety of ways. They can either be dry roasted and sprinkled as a topping, or they can be added with spices and mixed into the gravy. They also can be mixed as a part of fruit and vegetable juices. Though the seeds are tiny in nature, their beneficial properties are more potent than any other food items known to man.