Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi NarayananYour feedback matters!
Hello my father is a 64 years old patient with history of ich brain hemorrhage and history of urine and kidney infection hospital acquired. Currently he is under medication in addition we are giving him amla juice, giloy tablets, neem tablets. Can these products be given for long periods without any side-effect?
I experience numbness in my hands & legs early in the morning. Also suffer from backache and shoulder pain. Pls advise.
I have been having back pain and palpitations for the last 2 months. I get easily fatigue without doing any heavy work. My hair is thinning out and I have gained weight in this period. My body odour has become strong and I get night sweat. Day before yesterday I experienced profuse sweating which is not normal as I have never been a sweaty person. I get vaginal irritation sometimes and my vaginal lips are swollen. I went to check up two times in different places and took ECG on both. The first ECG said 39bpm regular rhythm and the second said 69bpm Arrhythmia. I also took haemoglobin, thyroid and uric test and all results are normal. But I am still weak and my muscles go numb at times. I get easily tense without much reason and my heart beats faster. I used to be very patient but nowadays I get easily irritated and depressed. Today when I woke up my right eye got blurry vision and its the first time this has happened. The doctor said its nothing to worry about yet I am not so sure as my body still faces the same problems except for the back pain. Please help me understand why all this is happening and if there's anything serious which I should be concerned about.
Please advice medicine for insomnia. I am 39 years old suffereing from insomina for the past 10 years.
I am suffering from acute migraines disease which is about to be cured. But due to certain situation I consumed a strip of tablets. My doctor has given me some anti depressants and I was diagnosed recently to which I found that I was at a risk of suffering either from coma or paralysis or even death. I have been asked to pay medical attention till brain-lung harmony. Can you suggest me what should I eat so that my brain gets healed quickly? Suggest me dos and donts. As for now I have been prescribed a tablet for my right lung which is damaged due to smoking. Please help me doctor. Its urgent.
I am suffering from migraine as the doctors say,, have changed medicine and doctors but for no use. I suffer from headache daily that too very severe headache. Tablet does not show any positive results. What should i do as i feel like dying
I am ravi kumar. My age is 36. My weight is 74. Height is 5.9. One and a half year ago, I came to know that I have sleep apnea. I purchased cpap and have been using since then. My weight then was 88. Do you think, sleep apnea would have gone, as I have lost considerable weight.
I am 22 year old and I have brain cancer and no one operate me how should I do please help me doctor.
Hi sir I am very happy to see that you helps through online sir i am 29 I am suffering from migraine what is its treatment ?
Sir My father was admitted in hospital due to Parkinson's problem. Catheter in penis provided but during the time of catheter removal it did not come out normally. So urologists pricked from above & removed it. Due to this bleeding started & normal urine from penis stopped .As bladder filled up they have to do SPC from abdomen & advised him for cystoscopy & bladder wash after 20 days & discharged. But after 5 days normal urine with fresh blood started through penis though SPC connected. Is it safe. Now urine comes through SPC & also in penis. The urine in urine bag is clean but from penis it comes with blood what to do now. Hospitalisation or its the time removal of SPC?
I am suffering from insomnia. I can not sleep properly and area below my eyes getting black nd black. What should I do?
I am 22 year girl firstly I was experiencing tremor than I feeling somewhat kind of little dizziness is it parkinson.
Worried about dementia?
Getting a diagnosis
If you are worried about yourself, or someone close to you, it is worth discussing your concerns with your general practitioner (GP). A diagnosis will help the doctor rule out other illnesses that might have similar symptoms to dementia, including depression. There are drugs available that appear to alleviate some of the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease in some people. Whether you are someone with dementia or a carer, a diagnosis can help you to prepare and plan for the future.
Every person experiences dementia in their own individual way, but there is usually a decline in memory, reasoning and communication skills and a gradual loss of the skills needed to carry out daily activities.If you are feeling confused, agitated or forgetful, you should see your GP. If you are close to someone who is showing these symptoms, you could suggest that you accompany them on their first visit.
Becoming forgetful does not necessarily mean that you have dementia. Memory loss can be an effect of ageing. It can also be a symptom of stress or depression. In rare cases, dementia-like symptoms can be caused by vitamin deficiencies and/or a brain tumour.
The GP is the first person to consult. The GP may then refer the person being diagnosed to a specialist consultant. Assessments can include conversations with the person being diagnosed and those close to them, a physical examination, memory tests and/or brain scans.
I have pain in brain near temporal bone from 10 days. I cant sleep at that side. I have migraine also. But this pain in continuous from 10 days. Help me.
Having nerves pull in right side of my face and unable to open my mouth widely and chew anything harder and having headache and ear pain.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. To know more click here.