Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi NarayananYour feedback matters!
Hi sir. I underwent arthoscopy for my left knee for lateral minicus tear on 29th sep 13. since then I have problem while prolong sitting in office. Bike ride etc. it's always painful and I feel more or less pain 24/7. Now I am having two medicines tendocare And Elkar 0.5 g Past 3 months. However the flexibility n volume of pain had reduced past one month BT it's never cured. I wonder if I can be normal as I was before surgery or injury. I got injury on 25 July 11 while playing football. Thanks
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
I am suffering from sciatica or slip disc for the last two months. My back pain is unbearable. Its starting from back then go towards back of my thigh and legs. please give me some tips or ideas, how it will cure.
My legs are paining since three days and even after taking proper medication there is no improvement! can you please help me and tell me what is wrong with my legs? thank you!
Is the arthritis is cure by ayurved My wife has facing issue last 2 years and how much times it will be cure and the tentative exp on this to cure.
Since six month very often feel pain in my legs. The feeling seems that it is happening in my veins of legs. Some times I have to take analgesics for relief. want to know the reason and it's remedy.
I am suffering from severe back ache. I am working as a laundry valet in hotel. I stand for at least 7 to 8 hours a day. My leg nerves are also paining. If I bend down my back pains severely. Pls help.
There is a Bulge in between my thumb and my index finger. It feels like it's moving and it is causing a considerable amount of pain. My thumb is numb.
I am suffering from neck pain from last 1 year, I have consulted doctor nd I was fine fr few days but after dat again same problem started, I am not using pillows, doing neck exercises but still no use. And sometimes even my back portion of the head wil pain nd also right side of d head wil start paining if I sleep continuously turning in right position and sometimes full head, I wil hv headaches too sometimes. Pls suggest something so dat I can get red of it.
I am treated for a fracture for an accident on 30.03.2016 for lower end of fibula and and now I am able to walk normally but swelling appears at the end of day on lower part ankle but goes with sleep in night .How to deal with same.
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.
Hello sir/madam, I am 22 years old female. I am not married. I have immune problem from my birth onwards. Now I have zinc deficiency problem and also now paining my hand and legs nerves. I couldn't work and walk speedily. My hands nerve paining. Always I feel so tired. I couldn't eat (not hungry), my parents always give healthy food and fruits. But nowadays I got weightless (now I am in 46kgs, height 150cm). I felt my hair growth also stopped. I want a solution for my nerve pain? What I do now? Please help me. (doctors said and give vitamin tab only always)
Rheumatism is an auto-immune and chronic disease caused due to the abnormal swelling of the body joints in the knees or the shoulders. The symptoms of rheumatism include intense pain in the morning, mild fever with the pain, swollen joints resulting in immense pain, stiff joints, increased pain in cold climate and extreme tiredness.
Doctors are still doubtful about the exact cause of the disease, but the weakened immune system might damage the joints. This makes obese people, smokers and women most susceptible to this disorder.
According to Ayurveda, rheumatism is caused due to a major imbalance in the ‘Vata or Kapha’ dosha. The Ayurvedic remedies aim for the restoration of the body’s Vata/Kapha balance. Ayurvedic remedies help reduce the ‘ama’, the toxins produced by the body.
The Ayurvedic remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are as follows:
- Boil a cup of mustard oil with camphor in it until the camphor dissolves well. Apply the lukewarm mixture on the affected areas once a day. This helps revive the blood circulation of the affected portion and subsequently reduces the abnormal swelling of the affected joints.
- You can take a few unpeeled slices of potato and soak them in a glass of cold water. Keep it for the night and drink it the next morning on an empty stomach. Do this every day to get rid of the pain.
- Include little amounts of ginger, garlic, and turmeric in your regular meals. This will help to reduce the inflammation and stiffness of the affected joints. Ayurvedic scriptures suggest that you should try and reduce the consumption of fish, red meat, curd, spinach and extremely chilled water as they might cause an imbalance in the ‘vata’.
- Applying a recommended amount of castor oil on the affected region helps reduce the inflammation and thus, the pain.
- A herbal preparation of celery seeds can be consumed daily in order to treat rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.