Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi NarayanYour feedback matters!
Good Morning, now a days I hear list of whistling / crrrr voice in my both ears, what would be the reason, is this curable, please help.
Hi sir/madam I am suffering tinniutes in both ears. Buzz sounds. Faced hearing prob. My age 42. Already I am using homeo medicine .There is no use for me. please suggest medicine for good hearing.
Whenever I attend calls on the phone in whole day. In the night when I lay down to sleep. There is a drum sounds started in my ears and I earlier took medicine for this but I could not get rid of this. Please help me doc.
Mere Gale me chubhan hoti h aisa lagta h kuch fas raha ho agar mai pani se garara karta hu to chhote chote tukda sa niklta h kaise khana fas gaya ho.
I was born during month of january, cold month in chennai and my mother used to tell at the time of birth itself I am suffered from cold. Till today I am suffering from cold and when I took ct scan, doctor said there is small projections in my nose i. E, sinus and it should be operated by laser treatment. They also said if you do operation also again the sinus will formed. Over many years when I received headache on daily basis I used to take amoxillin, paracetamol and avil. After some one advised that kindney problem will come if you use paracetamol. The some years I used otrivin o nasal drops. They many of them advised that there is steroid in the otrivin o which leads to lot of side effect. Some years I used siddha. Now I switched on to homeopathy where small tablets and tincture is given as oral tablets and liquids. Many of them told me that till death it will be there and there is no treatment. Still I am suffering from sinus where the cold will be formed on every half hour and I use to let it out by giving pressure to nose and cleaning the cold with fingers inserting in the nose which leads to oversize of my nose also. I think I am suffering for sinus for the past 46 years i. E, my age. I kindly request to give advise on what to do?
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.