Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi GYour feedback matters!
I have asthma and because of this I can not breathe properly so please suggest me ways to prevent it.
I am 21 years old and I have been suffering from asthma from last 3 years I have been using many medicine to get rid of that can you please tell me anything regarding this problem. How can I get cured from this.
My wife suffers from asthma since long time and uses medicines prescribed by the doctor like abphylline. She gets rashes and itching blisters on body as side effects of eg. Medicine. When dermatologist says to stop using those medicines and prescribe some medicines asthma increases. should I go to homeopathy as the doctors non coordinative approach creating problem.
I am an chronic asthma patient. I am fed up of alopathy medicines. Can you suggest me home remedies?
I am asthma patient I have asthma from I was born. Now I am 22 years old but asthma is still. My asthma is recover almost but not completely. So please give me solution on it. Can it completely recover?
What are the symptoms of asthma? How I can understand that there is a need of checkup of asthma? Actually I usually caught by cough and feel heavy in breathing when climate change a little bit, some time if I come in contact of dust then I feel pain in my chest and heavy in breathing. So what should I do.
I am suffering from Bronchitis asthama & epilisepy also ,wheather it will be cure & not then it will be last till the death ,& how much time I had taken precaution & also diet control but as some of the doctor had given me steriod tab wysolene ,now my stomach part is more & also some fats are more ,as now only I had done my CT-abdomen ,but in that orthopedic problem had been seen ,about my hip where blood supply is less ,please advise me what I should do ,& now my age is 45 yrs
I have breathing problem since 4 months while I do heavy work and also when I m upset. What to do. Is this a sign of asthma.
I am 25 year. Male jab mein orange juice ya pineapple khata hu toh mera gala khrab ho jata hai aur fir zukam ho jata h. Kya kru?
Hi, I am suffering from asthma past 6 years I need permanent solution. Now I am using some inhalers is it good? which treatment is good like Ayurveda, homeopathy, english medicine please suggest me.
I just bitten by a stray dog on the left leg above feet , above pin point portion of skin was got damaged, after 15 mins I consulted a doctor they have given me rabipur injection along with t.t ? And suggested me to take 5 injections in total, if I take the complete dosage suggested, Were there any problems?
I am suffering from asthma symptoms from my childhood after an accident involving falling into an storage tank and inhaling the bad water. The 3 months of summer is only the time I will be fine, but once the rainy and winter season starts the symptoms of breath shortness, accumulation of sputum in the lungs and sinus starts. I used to take ampoxin 500 and betnesol to get relief. I have decided to diagnose this problem and had consulted a general chest specialist 4 months back and used his medication till March 2016. My blood test had revealed elevated IGE levels of >2500. Is there any permanent cure or should I use any medication.
The impact of weather and the natural world on human health is multifarious. The science that pertains to atmospheric effects on the body is known as biometeorology and experts in this field have conducted various tests and studies to determine the nature of the relationship between changes in weather patterns and the health of human beings.
Some of the ways in which seasonal and atmospheric changes in weather affect human health are as follows:
- Migraines and Headaches: People who are susceptible to frequent attacks of headaches and migraines are easily affected by changes in weather. Falling atmospheric pressure, spikes in temperature and increase in humidity can lead to these conditions.
- Asthma attacks: Fluctuations in weather patterns are known to cause asthma attacks in those who suffer from respiratory conditions. This happens especially in the case of thunderstorms or sudden temperature drops.
- Stiffening of joints: The onset of cold and damp weather conditions are known to cause joint stiffness. Those who suffer from chronic joint pain and arthritis suffer the most when the weather turns for the worse.
- Allergies: Many people blame the occurrence of allergy related symptoms to the presence of pollen in the air during spring. But in certain cases, anomalies in atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity can lead to the onset of allergies and related symptoms such as incessant coughing, sneezing and nasal congestion.
- Cardiovascular disorders: Low temperatures create a lot of risks for those who suffer from heart conditions and other cardiovascular disorders. Cold weather impairs functioning of the arteries by constricting them and can lead to heart attacks and strokes. Harsh winters and cold waves are problematic for heart patients as their thermoregulatory systems are poorly equipped to deal with the drop in mercury levels.
- Skin diseases: The skin is the first line of defense against external factors like changes in the temperature. Hot and humid weather can cause skin rashes and eczema, leading to itchiness and irritation. On the other hand, cold and windy climes are known to make the skin rough and dehydrated. Hence, temperature fluctuations adversely affect skin health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.