Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi DhandapaniYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old girl and I am suffering with irregularity in my monthly period. Tell me please what cam be the reason.
My wife is pregnant so we want to get abortion so we planned to remove the pregnancy due to some finance problems. So she took pregno kit tablets consists of four misoprostol and one tablet of mifepristone. So we bought the tablets from my known relatives who have pharmacy. Actually she had her periods last month october for 3 days only very slightly. So this month she did not get any periods. She brought tester and tested and its positive. So we bought these tablets and used for two days. misoprostol 200 mcg tablets of 4 she used orally every 10 hours gape. And the 1 tablet mifepristone she kept it vaginally. And inserted inside yesterday afternoon. Till now she did not get her abortion pls give us some suggestions what we must do or shall we use tablets again or its a wrong procedure of taking the tablets pls let us know from charles husband of lavanya my wife.
The question, "are vitamins vital" is in fact a rhetorical question, one that answers for itself. Vitamins are organic compounds and important nutrients, which are required by human beings in appropriate quantities. They provide a host of benefits, affecting metabolism, digestion as well as immunity and are imperative for the existence and survival of human beings. Few reasons that establish their importance are:
- Digestive system: The digestive system, like the rest of the body, requires important minerals and vitamins for proper functioning. Your body requires ample amount of vitamin B and vitamin C to improve and maintain digestive health. In fact, folate acid is required by the body to prevent you from an impending danger of colon cancer. At the same time, vitamin B is also responsible for breaking down the carbohydrates and converting them into energy.
- Boosting the immunity system and eyesight: The proper functioning of your physical and mental health requires a sound immune system. The invasion of diseases can be deterred and treated on its own, if you have a proper functioning immune system. Vitamin A, found in carrots, pepper and sweet potato is very crucial for boosting the immune system, at the same time it helps repairing the cornea and improving the eyesight.
- Improving the nervous system: Vitamin B12 found in beef liver and octopus is very important in strengthening and improving the nervous system. If there is a deficiency of this vitamin in your body, chances are you will suffer from depression, anemia and even a potential threat to your central nervous system.
- Helps the heart and removes toxicity from the body: Among other advantages, vitamins are also responsible for maintaining the heart and preventing an accumulation of toxic substances in your body. Vitamin C, found primarily in fruits like oranges and lemons performs this function.
- Helps in losing weight: Certain food products like fish, chickpeas and chicken are rich in vitamin B6, which in turn help in boosting the metabolic rate and consequently in losing weight.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency?"
I'm 8 weeks pregnant through IUI. My recent hemoglobin level is 9 and TSH level is 2.557. Is there anything to worry?
Taking simple steps to prevent getting or spreading HIV will pay off both for you and for those you love. The only 100 percent effective way to prevent the spread of HIV through sex is to abstain — to not have sex of any kind. If you do have sex, practice safer sex methods. These are the steps you can take to help prevent HIV infection from sex:
Abstain from sex. Not having vaginal, anal, or oral sex is the surest way to avoid HIV. If you do decide to have sex, you can reduce your risk of HIV by practicing safer sex.
Get tested. Be sure you know yours and your partner's HIV status before ever having sex.
Use condoms. Use them correctly and every time you have sex. Using a male condom for all types of sex can greatly lower your risk of getting HIV during sex. If you or your partner is allergic to latex, use polyurethane condoms. If your partner won't use a male condom, you can use a female condom. It may protect against HIV, but we don't have much evidence that it does, so it is better to use a male condom, which we know has a high rate of preventing HIV infection. Do not use a male and female condom at the same time. They do not work together and can break. "Natural" or "lambskin" condoms don't protect against HIV. Condoms are easy to find, and some places give them out for free. Contact your local health department or a health clinic for information about places in your area that may give away free condoms. For instance, the New York State Health Department offers a cellphone app that can help youth find free condoms in their area.
Talk with your partner. Learn how to talk with your sexual partner about HIV and using condoms. It's up to you to make sure you are protected. Remember, it's your body!
Practice monogamy (be faithful to one partner). Being in a sexual relationship with only one partner who is also faithful to you can help protect you.
Limit your number of sexual partners. Your risk of getting HIV goes up with the number of partners you have. Condoms should be used for any sexual activity with a partner who has HIV. They should also be used with any partner outside of a long-term, faithful sexual relationship.
Use protection for all kinds of sexual contact. Remember that you don't only get HIV from penile-vaginal sex. Use a condom during oral sex and during anal sex. Dental dams also can be used to help lower your risk as well as your partner's risk of getting HIV during oral-vaginal or oral-anal sex.
Know that other types of birth control will not protect you from HIV. Other methods of birth control, like birth control pills, shots, implants, or diaphragms, will not protect you from HIV. If you use one of these, be sure to also use a male condom or dental dam correctly every time you have sex.
Don't use nonoxynol-9 (N-9). Some contraceptives, like condoms, suppositories, foams, and gels contain the spermicide N-9. You shouldn't be using gels, foams, or suppositories to prevent against HIV — these methods only lower chances of pregnancy, not of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs). N-9 actually makes your risk of HIV infection higher, because it can irritate the vagina, which might make it easier for HIV to get into your body.
Get screened for STIs. Having an STI, particularly genital herpes, increases your chances of becoming infected with HIV during sex. If your partner has an STI in addition to HIV, that also increases your risk of HIV infection. If you have an STI, you should also get tested for HIV.
Don't douche. Douching removes some of the normal bacteria in the vagina that protects you from infection. This can increase your risk of getting HIV.
Don't abuse alcohol or drugs, which are linked to sexual risk-taking. Drinking too much alcohol or using drugs also puts you at risk of sexual assault and possible exposure to HIV.
Take time to talk before having sex
Talking about sex is hard for some people. So, they don't bring up safe sex or STIs with their partners. But keep in mind that it's your body, and it's up to you to protect yourself. Before having sex, talk with your partner about his or her past and present sexual behavior and HIV status, and talk about using condoms and dental dams. Ask if he or she has been tested for HIV or other STIs. Having the talk ahead of time can help you avoid misunderstandings during a moment of passion. Let your partner know that you will not have any type of sex at any time without using a condom or dental dam. If your partner gives an excuse, be ready with a response.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
आयुर्वेद और घरेलु उपाय / ayurvedic and home remedies: कई वर्षों से शीघ्रपतन का सफल उपचार आयुर्वेदिक पद्धति से होता आ रहा हैं। कई एलोपैथी डॉक्टर भी उपचार करने के लिए आयुर्वेदिक फार्मूला का ही उपयोग करते हैं।
औषध - शीघ्रपतन का उपचार करने के लिए जतिफल, कुमकुम, खसखस बिज, अश्व्गन्धा, गोक्षुर, यष्टिमधु, भल्लातक फल मज्जा, जटामांसी, कपिकच्छु बिज, शहद, मूसली, शतावरी, शिलाजीत जैसे आयुर्वेदिक औषधि का उपयोग किया जाता हैं। औषध का चयन, मात्रा और समय को रोगी के प्रकृति, कुपित दोष के हिसाब से किया जाता हैं। एक ही फार्मूला से सभी रोगियों को लाभ हो ऐसा नहीं होता हैं।
पंचकर्म - औषधि द्रव्यों के साथ जरुरत पढ़ने पड़ने पर स्नेहन, स्वेदन और बस्ती जैसे पंचकर्म चिकित्सा की जाती हैं। पचकर्म चिकित्सा से पीड़ित व्यक्ति को जल्द लाभ होता हैं। खासकर मधुतैलिक यापन बस्ती से अधिक लाभ होता हैं।
रोज सुबह दूध के साथ 1 चमच्च अश्वगंधा चूर्ण लेने से शीघ्रपतन में लाभ होता हैं।
सुबह शाम 1 चमच्च अतिरसादि चूर्ण लेने से भी लाभ होता हैं।
वसंत कुसुमाकर रस. गोदन्ति भस्म, यौनअमृत वटी, शिलाजीत सत्व जैसे आयुर्वेदिक दवा शीघ्रपतन में लाभकारी हैं। ऐसे तो यह सभी आयुर्वेदिक दवा सुरक्षित है पर अधिक मात्रा और अधिक समय तक लेना हानिकारक हो सकता हैं इसलिए किसी भी आयुर्वेदिक दवा को अपने डॉक्टर से जांच कराकर लेने में ही समझदारी हैं।
आहार - शीघ्रपतन को दूर करने के लिए आयुर्वेदिक चिकित्सा के साथ अपने आहार पर विशेष ध्यान देना चाहिए। आहार में तीखा-तला हुआ और अधिक मसालेदार आहार नहीं लेना चाहिए। आहार में ताजे फल, हरी-पत्तेदार सब्जी, फ्रूट जूस, नारियल पानी, दूध और शहद का अधिक इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए। आहार में शतावरी, अंडे, डार्क चॉकलेट, गाजर, ओट्स, अश्वगंधा, अवाकडो, अंगूर, केला, प्याज, लसुन, अदरक, बादाम, मशरूम और भरे चावल / ब्राउन राइस जैसे आहार पदार्थों का अधिक समावेश करने से वीर्य का प्रमाण भी बढ़ता है और शीघ्रपतन भी नहीं होता हैं।
अन्य / others - शीघ्रपतन की समस्या से निजात पाने के लिए निचे दिए हुए अन्य उपाय भी कारगर साबित होते हैं।
सेक्स करते समय दो कंडोम लगाकर सेक्स करे जिससे लिंग को जल्द संवेदना नहीं मिलती है और उत्तेजना देरी से मिलने से शीघ्रपतन नहीं होता।
तनाव मुक्त रहे। तनाव को दूर करने के लिए लाफ्टर थेरेपी या मैडिटेशन का सहारा लेना चाहिए।
शीघ्रपतन से बचने के लिए आप अपनी स्तिथि / position भी बदल कर देख सकते हैं। अगर समय हमेशा ऊपर रहते है तो खुद को निचे लिटाकर सेक्स कर सकते हैं।
सेक्स करते समय जब भी आपको एहसास हो की वीर्य जल्द निकलने वाला है तब लम्बी गहरी साँसे लेना शुरू कर दे। इससे वीर्य नहीं निकलेगा और आप शर्मिंदा होने से बच जाएंगे।
शराब, धूम्रपान, तम्बाखू, कॉफ़ी जैसे व्यसन नहीं करने चाहिए।
अगर आपका वजन जरुरत से अधिक है और आप मोटापे से पीड़ित है तो अपने अपना वजन कम करने की कोशिश करनी चाहिए। मोटापे के कारन टेस्टोस्टेरोन हॉर्मोन में कमी आती हैं।
रोजाना या हफ्ते में कम से कम 5 दिन 30 मिनिट तक अपने क्षमतानुसार व्यायाम अवश्य करना चाहिए। व्यायाम करने से शरीर फिट रहता है, वजन कम होता है और टेस्टोस्टेरोन हॉर्मोन की मात्रा सही रहती हैं।
Hi I have five kids I have 2 twin girls and 2 twin boys and my recent baby born in February all of my births have been natural but I want to receive sterilization surgery but my gyno wants to have an open vaginal surgery is there other options since not to long ago I gave birth and I had to get stitches but I don't want a big incision any options or procedures recommendable answer with details please &looking for a surgeon.
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Sir me and my wife have unprotected sex and after that with in 1 hour she consumed INSTAFREE 72 pill. Is that pill works for my wife to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Please tell. Thank you.
I am 46 years old working suffering from thyroid and PCOD. Except thyroxine 50 mg. I am taking any kind of medicine. Please advise if I should start taking AMway's nutrilite daily or woman revital. Which one is better?
Hi I am 25 years old girl I have a baby girl 7 months old, me and my husband planned a trip for 1 week without our baby girl, still I give breastfeeding my problem is after 1 week trip my milk will stop, how to continue my breastfeeding after that trip pls advice.
I am closely moving with my boy friend like tightly hug and I got tempt and white bleed came out I am not moving fully sexually only I got tempt bcz tightly hug and smoochs time from its any problem in future tell me and suggest me god thing.
After 4 days of sex I done in a day 1 time vomiting or next same thing happen so it is sign of pregnancy. Or tell me when the vomiting comes after sex.
I am 30 yes old. I have taken gynaset tablets for periods. 3 times a day for 3 days. In how many days are my periods expected. My last dose was on Friday morning.
Irregular periods problems. And what are the precautions taken. And to maintain health and hygiene during periods time. Thank you.
Hello mam or sir. Me pregnant hu muje bache Ko gora yani fair karne ke liye kya khana chahiye please answer Karen thank you.
Hi, I am 28 years old and married for 2.5 years. I had PCOD for which I had taken treatment. Whenever I take treatment, for the next 3 months my periods would be regular and then again cysts would develop. I also underwent hormonal therapy as I was trying to get conceived. I also underwent IUI once with no positive result. Now, I have stopped all the treatment since 5 months. I got my periods regularly since 4 months. This month, I still did not get my periods. Its been 10 days in excess. Could you please tell me if this can be a pregnancy or cysts might have developed. Please suggest what I should do next.
Some basic components for good sleep
1. Regular physical exercise (preferably not in evening's)
2. Minimise daytime napping
3. Avoid fluid intake or heavy meals just before going to bed
4. Avoid caffeine intake (tea, coffee, cola drinks) before sleeping hours.
5. Avoid regular use of alcohol (especially avoid alcohol as hypnotic for promoting sleep)
6. Avoid reading or watching television in bed.
7. Sleep in dark, quiet and comfortable environment.
8. Regularize time for going to sleep and waking up.
9. Try relaxation exercise.