Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I apply herbal hair oil of imc If I apply this oil daily how many days in a week I shall shampoo my hair with head and shoulders shampoo I am losing hair. Please advice
Hi doctor Am suffering with pimples and holes on my face. How to get rid of these. Please suggest me.
I'm 19years boy. I want to know the best diet for stop hair loss and whiteness. I wants black and shining hairs.
I have splits end hair in bulk amount. what should I do to remove these without decrease length of my hair.
I'm 23 old. And it's been 8 years since I have been suffering from acne. I took medicine too. But the effect is only till I take medicine after stop taking medicine, acne comes again. I'm need help to remove acne scars. As my skin has turned black.
I have heat pimples on face as a big one inch. As a bible. When I go to wash the face. It's paining alot.
For e. G I have blak spots as well as pimples on my back I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes what should do?
I m pankaj. I am 21 year old. I have hair fall problem past 4yrs. And already I consult a doctor from Kolkata bt my hair is permanently loses. What should I do?
Hello, Age of 27 .My hair is falling from 3 months and become very thinner .Has more dandruff can i take biotin 5000mcg tablets suggest me please ?
Hello sir/mam. I have pimples on my face. My skin is oily. Problem of pimples as well as black spots on my centre of cheek. Last year I went for treatment to doctor they advised me to use cleargel and benzoyl peroxide cream. But using benzoyl peroxide i'm not able to get glow on my face. Please advice me best medicine for pimples, dark spot as well as for glowness of face as I am using" cleargel? thanks in advance no aleopathy please.?
I have cutt my hair of underarm and underwear portion first time with blade before I use shaving machine but form this both I get red skin and some time itching please suggest me what should I use to cutt the hair and to avoid this problem.
How to prevent Pregnancy Stretch Marks?
There are ways in which you can improve your appearance and get rid of the stretch marks after pregnancy. However, care should be taken to prevent the formation of stretch marks during pregnancy. Preventive measures may include:
1. Using Topical preparations: Ointments and crèmes are one of the best ways to prevent formation of stretch marks, as they increase the elasticity of skin. Verum, olive oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, and vitamin E are the commonly used topical agents. Your provider may prescribe you retinoid crème to get rid of striae.
2. Staying hydrated: During pregnancy your body demands an increased supply of water. Drinking around 8 to 12 glasses of water not only prevents dehydration but also inhibits formation of stretch marks.
3. Using Oil: Similar to topical crèmes, oils can also be used to prevent stretch marks. Olive oil, almond oil, vitamin E, castor and other essential oils have anti-oxidant effects. This prevents formation of stretch marks.
4. Using Zinc: Zinc also has anti-oxidant effects. It also promotes formation of new collagen. This collagen formation promotes reduction of stretch marks.
5. Eating a Healthy diet: Diet is the most important factor, not only to prevent stretch marks but also for a stress free healthy pregnancy. Foods rich in vitamin A, C and E promote collagen formation, thereby preventing stretch marks formation.
6. Getting Massage: Massaging the skin everyday with bitter almond oil increases the blood flow, thereby promoting the formation of new collagen.
When to contact your health care provider:
As time progresses, the stretch marks start fading without any treatment. Contact your provider if you:
• Have developed stretch marks for the first time.
• Have stretch marks due to side effects of certain medicine.
• Have other symptoms along with stretch marks, such as rashes.