Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LailaYour feedback matters!
My wife is six month pregnant. Its our first baby. I just want to know what kind of precautions we should take during next three months. What to eat what to wear how to sleep. I want to know about all do's and dont's and I also want to know that where should we go for the pregnancy in private hospital or in government hospital. And after pregnancy how time we should spent in the hospital.
After taking m. E.N.S.O.O.N tablet for delayed periods delayed by 19 days. After taking tablets how many days I should wait to get periods. please reply. 19 age.
You have been trying to do everything right for a healthy living.
But have you thought about the possible diet mistakes you might be
Making? here's my list.
1. Eat while you eat! do not mix any activity with your meal.
Though multitasking is the requirement of the times it is not a
Wise thing according to experts. When you are doing some task your
Brain concentrates more on the task and never feels satisfied. This
Would cause you to overeat if not then but later on.
2. Its ok to buy frozen vegetables if you generally compromise on
The diet part after work. Wilted" fresh" vegetables are worse than
Frozen ones which retain all their nutrients as they get frozen
Right after their harvest. So a pack of veggies are great for an on
The go salad or a quick microwave boiled veggie snack.
3. Salads are healthy as far as all the ingredients are healthy.
Yes, I mean it. All those you add in a salad should be vegetables
(except potato), olive oil, eggs and vinegar and no crispies,
Cheese and meat. Add all the pigmented vegetables and some low fat
4. Diet sodas are not perfect as they sound. You drink more of them
As you know what you are drinking are diet sodas which contain less
Calories. And its tricky that the sodium in these can make you go
Thirsty wanting to drink more. And your brain mistakes thirst for
5. Not drinking milk is another mistake you commit. Thinking that
Milk would make you fat you have less of it. If you are worried
About your gross flab, have non fat milk.
6. While junk foods are something you can't resist snack bars make
You guilty again. Its better to have a boiled egg or a scoop of
Peanut butter instead of reaching for a supposedly nutritious snack
7. Sleep is important too. A tiring day and a sleeplessness night
Tempt you to an" all that you can eat" menu. So sleep as much as
You need until you are fully awake and fresh.
Consult me for any doubts.
Hi wife didn't got periods which were due on 20th of last month now our gynac have prescribed duoluton I so she will get her periods . After which we will plan for baby. Just wanted to have 2nd opinion on thus. Thanks.
hello Dr. I took medicine unwanted 72 in this month. My period is delayed 5 days. Still not came. please help me give me right suggestion.
Hello doctor, I am planing for a marriage in next couple of months and I got to know from my fiancé that she had a 21 cm ovarian cyst before 4 years & it has been removed. Now she is doing fine and her periods are all fine. Only the cyst has been removed by a key hole incision. Will it affect her in getting pregnant in future?
Detoxification is a physiological and medical process of blood cleansing by removing impurities from the blood. It is a means of cleaning and nourishing the body from inside and it is done at least once a year. It includes one or more of the following: dieting, fasting, colon cleansing, removal of dental fillings or cutting out specific foods from your diet.
Benefits of detoxifying your body:
- Gets rid of excess waste
- Boosts your energy
- Strengthens your immune system
- Improves your respiration process
- Reduces weight
- Provides anti-aging benefits
Majority of the detoxification of your body is carried out by these 4 systems; Digestive, Respiratory, Urinary and Dermal. Any disturbance in these 4 systems results in accumulation of toxins in your body and may cause serious medical illnesses.
Homeopathy approach helps in maintaining the proper functioning and balance of the 4 systems. It is a gentle, natural and one of the safest ways of removing toxins. Homeopathic remedies for treating detoxification are as follows:
- Berberis Vulgaris: It acts as a stimulator of liver, gall bladder and kidneys. It is best suited for people who face rapid change of symptoms, pain all over the body, repeated diarrhea and stone in the kidney.
- Chelidonium tincture: It is a reliable liver and gall bladder drainer. It supports liver in removing toxin from your body due to heavy usage of drugs and antibiotics.
- Senega: It is an effective detoxification remedy for people exposed to respiratory issues with allergies.
- Nux Vomica: It acts as an intestine and liver stimulator. It is mostly used for symptoms linked with a sedentary lifestyle and excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and tobacco.
- Taraxacum Officinale: It is used by people with stomach and digestion issues.
- Fumaria Officinalis: It detoxifies your body by purifying the blood, leading to enhanced functioning of the liver.
- Uva Ursi: It is an effective urinary antiseptic that supports the functioning of kidneys and reproductive system.
- Saponaria: It is used for skin draining purpose.
- Aloe: It is used for detoxification of the rectum.Apart from the homeopathy remedies, other self care measures such as drinking lots of water, healthy eating, exercising regularly, minimizing stress and avoiding alcohol and drugs can help in detoxifying. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Im 21 year female nd I have felt an unusual problem of blood coming out of ma private part before 15 days of periods. It hand ist time. Is this any kind of problem.
I am 42 years old female. Got pregnant a few months back. Now afraid of sex. What should I do or tell my husband to do so that I do not get pregnant again. I want to have 100% safe sex, how is it possible?
1. Lowers cholesterol
#papaya is rich in fibre, #vitaminc and antioxidants which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries. Too much cholesterol build-up can lead to several heart diseases including heart attack and hypertension.
2. Helps in weight loss
Those looking to lose weight must include papaya in their diet as it is very low in #calories. The fibre content in papaya leaves you feeling full and also clears your bowel movement making your weight loss regime easier.
3. Boosts your immunity
Your immunity system acts as a shield against various infections that can make you really sick. A single papaya contains more than 200% of your daily requirement of vitamin c, making it great for your immunity.
4. Good for diabetics
Papaya is an excellent #food option for diabetics as it has a low-sugar content even though it is sweet to taste. Also, people who don't have diabetes can eat papaya to prevent it from happening.
5. Great for your eyes
Papaya is rich in vitamin a which helps protect your vision from degenerating. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see due to diseases like age-related macular degeneration, and eating papayas will ensure that you do not see a day where you cannot see.
6. Protects against arthritis
Arthritis can be a really debilitating disease and people who have it may find their quality of life reduced significantly. Eating papayas are good for your bones as they have anti-inflammatory properties along with vitamin c which helps in keeping various forms of arthritis at bay. A study published in annals of the rheumatic diseases showed that people who consumed foods low in vitamin c were three times more likely to have arthritis than those who didn't.
7. Improves digestion
In today's times, it is nearly impossible to avoid eating foods that are bad for your digestive system. Often we find ourselves eating junk food or restaurant food prepared in excessive quantities of oil. Eating a papaya daily can make up for such occasional mistakes, as it has a digestive enzyme known as papain along with fibre which helps improve your digestive health.
8. Help ease menstrual pain
Women who are experiencing menstrual pain should help themselves to several servings of papaya as an enzyme called papain helps in regulating and easing flow during menstrual periods.
9. Prevents signs of ageing
All of us would love to stay young forever, but no one in this world has managed to do it. Still, healthy habits like eating a papaya daily will prolong the process and may make you look 5 years younger than you are. Papaya is rich in vitamin c, vitamin e and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent your skin from free radical damage keeping wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay.
10. Prevents cancer
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids that prevent your cells from undergoing free radical damage. Some studies have also linked the consumption papaya to reduced risk of colon and prostate cancer.
11. Help reduce stress
After working hard for the whole day, it is a good idea to come home to a plate papayas. The wonder fruit is rich in several nutrients like vitamin c which can keep you free from stress. According to a study conducted at the university of Alabama, found that 200 mg of vitamin c can help regulate the flow of stress hormones in rats.
We had sex two days ago n we are worried abt her being pregnant as she is having headaches n her nipples r paining so we want to kno if she is pregnant n also which pill should I give her to avoid pregnancy.
I ve been married from 4 years, we are trying for baby and are unsuccessful. I have PCOD and thyroid. Thyroid is in normal range .But due to Pcod, have irregular periods. How can I successfully conceive. Any suggestions?
I have pcod problem for 4 years. I have taken ocp for first 6 months. Still I am not cured of this. Please tell me a way to proceed further.
I am 3 month pregnancy Muje breast aur stomach k beech me left side pain hot a h always aur swelling aja ti h Iski kya vajah h air kya treatment ho skta h.
I am 21 year girl and I am 2 weeks late for my period. I tested myself and the result Came positive. I am not ready to have the baby what can I do?
Diagnostic tests- Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests – These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound- A complete ultrasound of the uterus an adenexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests – In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy – For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation .Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
Hysteroscopy uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.
Hi doctor, I have been suffering from PCOS. Im getting chin hair. Please suggest how can I permanently get rid of chin hair. Thanks.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.