Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L.Somu
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. L.SomuYour feedback matters!
I've been experiencing momentary blindness when I get up after resting for a while. The blindness is there for just 10 to 15 seconds and after that my ears start ringing.
Hello sir/ma'am, My wife in pregnancy of 3 months. She is very much suffering from vertigo (Chakkar ana ), Stomach ache and head ache. Treatment is undergoing. Please suggest what I can do.
I have problem in my left ear. I feel some liquid inside. please tell me if there is something serious?
I am a 35 year old male, actually I get some mucus kind of semi solid waste from my throat through my mouth which is very uncomfortable. Usually that will be present in your nose but in dont know why does it domes out from my mouth. What should I do?
Sir maire kaan ka parda fata hua h or 1 saal pehle mujhe pta chala pr mujhe operation nhi karwana h pls mujhe bataeye ki agar m operation nhi karau to koi problem to nhi hogi na.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory Infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Bleeding disorder
- Blood clotting problems
Treatment: A nosebleed can easily be treated at home. While in a sitting position, close your nostril by squeezing the soft part of your nose. Hold your nose for ten minutes, then lean slightly forward. Inhale and exhale slowly using your mouth.
Never lie down when you are trying to stop a nosebleed, as you will end up swallowing the blood which can upset your stomach. Remove your hand from your nose after 10 minutes and check if the bleeding has stopped. If it has not, repeat the steps all over again.
However, consult a doctor if the bleeding does not stop or if there is a foreign object stuck in your nose.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.