Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. L RaghavanYour feedback matters!
My brother stays most of the time in Dimapur Nagaland but whenever he visits Delhi, suddenly his skin starts to dry, leaving white color spots in his skin. His lips starts cracking what I myself feel during the winter days. He is not interested to visit a dermatologist because he feels everything alright once he is back to Dimapur. So I want to help him. Please let me know if there is anything serious problem with his skin or anything I must be concern with. Waiting for your valuable reply. Thank-you.
Sir please tell me that how can I protect my face from the sun shine, because as the summer started my face turned into black and dark please guide me in a right path.
I am 24 years old boy I have puffy face from last 2 years how to get rid of puffy face can you please suggest any medical treatment?
I am suffering from vitiligo from the past 1 year. The white patches appeared on my feet. I am using tacrolimus, whitcare and fluticasone ointments everyday from the past 2 months. Till now there is no change on the white patches. Is there any alternative for this or shall I continue the ointments? Is there any laser treatments to get back m.
Anything that causes friction or tightness to skin is causing dark patches, pimples, acne and marks on all over body, even bra, inner wear etc is causing dark patches and pimples. Am using very clean clothes everyday and bathes once a day. What should I do to get a normal skin all over body and back.
I am having skin irritation from long time. I went to doctor he suggested me a soap that heals scabies. I am still having the same problem. What should I do.
Do you know the sun is making your skin age faster? plus, 5 other reasons behind facial wrinkles
Facial wrinkling occurs when the skin develops creases, folds and ridges. The formation of wrinkles is a normal part of the process of skin ageing. However, certain factors may accelerate the process and lead to premature wrinkling of the face and other parts of the body.
The main causes of facial wrinkling are:
1. Skin ageing: as a person gets older, his/her skin becomes less taut and begins to sag. The production of natural oils and fat in the deeper layers of the skin gets reduced with age, which leads to the formation of wrinkles due to diminished skin elasticity.
2. Sun exposure: constant exposure of skin to the sun causes damage and speeds up the ageing process. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun break down collagen and collective tissue fibres, which is the primary cause of premature wrinkling.
3. Skin complexion: due to the absence of melanin, people with fairer (lighter) skin, experience more damage due to sun exposure. This causes them to develop wrinkles much earlier.
4. Facial muscle contraction: repeatedly making the same facial expressions and contraction of face muscles causes wrinkling. Those who constantly frown, smile or squint get facial wrinkles as it leads to reduced skin elasticity.
5. Smoking: smokers are more susceptible to premature wrinkling. This is due to the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals from the smoke in the bloodstream, which hamper the supply of blood and oxygen to the outer layers of skin.
6. Genetic factors: many people get facial wrinkling as a result of hereditary causes and family genetics.
However, the good news is that facial wrinkling can be prevented through these simple ways:
This is the most effective way of avoiding wrinkles. Keep yourself protected against sun exposure by staying out of the sun as much as possible and wearing sunscreen at all times.
Quitting the smoke
Kicking the habit will show a marked improvement in your skin quality and would help prevent further wrinkling.
Use of moisturisers
Dry skin is more prone to wrinkling. Keeping your skin supple and moisturised prevents wrinkles.
Leading a healthy lifestyle
The combination of following a nutritious diet, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and regularly exercising keeps the skin young and wrinkle-free.
There are several options to improve wrinkles by procedures which include botox, fillers, prp and lasers for skin tightening. The most suitable option can be chosen depending upon the severity and type of wrinkling.
I am 38, since 8 years on words my face colour is changed like ash. Body colour is white. Pl. Tell me what type of the cation taken.
I have oily skin and I use medisalic ointment on my face BT now I want to leave this cream but my skin become very dark to leave this cream and my skin become very dark and radish in sun burn please suggest me any cream to treat this doses.
I have got a bruise on my face while got hit in an accident. Today is the second day. The area get brown in colour. It is on my check. Please tell me the most effective method that I do not get a black mark there? Currently I am using boroplus at that area.
Hello sir my name is any Actually my problem was skin problem Tan are der so how to remove tan solution Suggest me reply me compulsory.
Using lemon with honey will help to reduce darkness of lips it is true or wrong please tell me in detail.
There are more puss filled boils in my face. It just vanishes sometime but again occurs later. What to do?
I am having eye twitching for approx 20-25 days. Also I am having dark circles. They were not present earlier. I am a competitive exam aspirant n having lack of sleep n stress. Also I drink less water. Is it because of these reasons? Please tell me how to stop eye twitching because its really irritating.
Hi, I am 18 years old and I just had bleaching on my face. My skin was already tanned somewhat but after bleaching it turned very dark (only on tanned part spot). Now what to do?
6 Mistakes in Self-Treating Acne
Acne is a very common problem that affects people, mostly teenagers worldwide. The problem of acne can be extremely annoying, making most of the people to opt for self medication. However, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist to avoid unwanted complications. The following common but serious mistakes should be avoided while self-treating acne:
1. Fight acne the dermatologist way: During adolescence, hormonal imbalance is one of the major factors resulting in acne. However, factors like prolonged illness, pollution, dermatological problems cannot be sidelined either. It should be noted that acne is an inflammation which needs proper investigation. A dermatologist should be consulted at the very onset. Use of any medicated lotions or creams without proper recommendation can aggravate the problem.
2. The lesser the better: Using too many products at a time will do you more harm than good. Use one product at a time. If you think a product can magically treat your acne in a day, then you are in for some disappointment. Optimism is good, but being realistic is better. Not all products show positive results in a day. One needs to have patience. Use the product diligently for a week before trying out a new product.
3. Complete what you started: It is a crime to stop any medications mid way. Complete the full course of the medication, even if your acne is fully treated.
4. Popping away to ugly spots and scars: Popping or picking only worsens the inflammation and acne. It will leave your face with some really ugly spots. When the acne head turns white, do not try to squeeze it out. Show some resilience. It is a very common mistake that should be strictly avoided.
5. Exfoliants should be chosen carefully. Understand your skin type well. Micro-beads-enriched exfoliants are the best to use. Avoid scrubbing or over washing the face. Always use a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. If you are into make-ups, remove them before retiring to bed. Use make-ups that suit your skin type. Minimal application of make-up is advisable in case of acne.
6. Many well wishers might suggest innumerable acne treatments. Listen to all, but choose what you feel and know is the best.
A flawless and acne-free face is very much achievable.