Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. L.PriyaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor It is my 19wk of pregnancy, please suggest wat r the precautions shud I take also inform abt the nutritional diet. Thnks.
What is the best food for pregnant, and some old persons suggested that egg is harmful to pregnant as well as to child. It's correct or not?
I am 25 years female I am having smelly vagina from last one month and something yellowish is being released .i am washing it by v wash daily still no improvement wht should I do.
Trust is something which one keep up the faith and kindness of loyalties towards an individual or an objects which is really an abstract, that means which can't be seen or felt physically. But it could be in one to one conscious world which can even gets broken when the trust can't come in action or to one real believe in it's nature which suppose to be, thus this could play an important role in human life in various forms of its period
Trust also plays a good value in all relationship like child to parents husband to wife lovers themselves one to one patient to doctors employee to management teachers to students and vice versas to all.
This is an confidence where it could be well played to the periods of life cycle and its various phases, and if this gets failure by one it looses others genuineness and quality of the contents involved and may be very difficult to soothen the wounded souls. Sometimes time and period also may reverse the effectiveness of the loss of trust and also gaining the trust too.
Hi, My fuency & I tried having sex many a times but I never able to penetrate. She is a virgin, whenever I try to my penis in her vagina she suffer a lot of pain & she start moving her legs & hands in pain here & there & I never able to penetrate. I even placed two of fingers in in but she suffers lot of pain & I have to take them out. She cant handle pain in that area. So everytime I only do orgasm to satisy her. I feel she is really phobic about penetration, she fear that pain. I tried Lox 2 % , lubic but that also not helped, she had pain which she cant resist. Then we even tried while we are drunk but then also she had pain. I am really depressed as I tried everything & nothing is working out. Please guide us so that we can have normal sex life like others.
Hello doctor, I have had a missed abortion at 7 week 6 days have aborted the same by oral medicine as per the doctor suggestion am turning 30 in few days and my husband is 43 and we are not blood relatives. Its 6 years in the marriage I can't afford to loose a month also so can I conceive in the same cycle. .If I conceive will the pregnancy be affected from the medicine I have taken.
My girlfriend has PCOS and she is on ocp pills. Do I need to use any other contraceptive when having sex?
Hi 25th Sept 2014 I delivered a baby gal. I'm still feeding her but I'm mensuration is long n less inflow. Please advice how to come to the normal menopause Looking for gyno doctor to advise.
Increasing weight will affect getting pregnant. If so what is the reason. My height is 158 cm wait 61.3 kg age 27. Married for five months. My BMI is 24.56. Will it affect from getting pregnant.
We were married 1 year ago. We never wanted children so took care and precautions while having sex. Every month her menstrual cycle is good. We are going to a devotional tour for 5 days from 25th February to 1st March. But the problem is that she's not having menses till now. Her menstruation date is 17th. But she's not. So She decided to use medicine. But she's in confusion that whether to use medicine to have menses. Or wait until 25th and use medicine to stop menses for 5 days. I request please mention medicine for both the conditions with dosage along with your suggestions. Tablets to have menses.? Immediately Tablets to stop menses. For 5 days.
Hi, my wife is 38 years old and have two daughters (11 4 old F/M child). She is having pain in breast nipple point. After consulting the doctor she is taking B-LONG Tab 1 per day. She is thinking that have breast cancer. Can you please advice?
Hii. My dear one .need a advice. She had conformed her pregnancy test. Niw she don't want to have a child as she is only 20 years and need to have higher studies. Her husband and family dnt agree to have abortion. Can you please advice any medication to abort at home .plz please Help her.
Hi, I have been trying to have sex with my wife, the problem is the I try to touch her inner part of vagina even with my finger ,she feels intense pain, I haven't been able to insert my penis either. Only I'm able to insert my tongue to some extent.
Spacing pregnancies is an essential part of family planning. Although it rests on individual preferences, there are certain psychological and economical factors associated with it.
Factors That Decide The Spacing Of Pregnancy-
The mother’s childbearing abilities, general health and fertility.
The family’s income and financial condition.
The choice to have more than one child.
Pressure from the family members to go through another pregnancy.
The child’s wish to have sibling/s.
Risk Associated With Close Consecutive Pregnancies-
None of the children receive wholesome attention from parents as both will be very young. This may create resentment in both children.
The second baby may have very low birth weight.
Depletion of nutrients in the mother’s body. This can happen in case the mother has been breastfeeding recently.
There can be genital inflammation during the second childbirth and labour.
There are researches that show the increasing rate of autism in the second born child who the mother delivers within a short span, after the first pregnancy.
Risks Associated With Pregnancies Spaced Too Far Apart-
Sometimes there are risks of premature babies and low birth weight.
Some mothers may be slightly unwilling to go through the entire process of bringing up a child, as it is emotionally and physically very demanding.
It might pose some birth complications if the mother does not have age on her side.
Besides these, spacing out pregnancies may actually be beneficial because it provides the first child enough love and care. Also, at a certain age, the child is mature enough to welcome a new member. He or she may even want to share responsibilities with parents in looking after the young baby. In this way, none of the children are denied attention. Also, once a woman goes through the entire experience of motherhood, she will find it easier to go through the process once more, without panicking. Parents are also able to take up the responsibility of the second child with more maturity as they are better informed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Asexuality is a sexual identity, rather than as a biological entity. Asexuality in the world of biological reproduction means that a single organism can produce offspring identical to the parent. But in terms of human sexuality, it simply means a person feels no sexual attraction. The important thing to remember when trying to understand asexuality is that people who identify as such are not different from you, aside from the fact that they more accurately, don't experience sexual attraction.
Asexual people can become sexual later in life, and that doesn't mean they were not asexual before. Similarly, sexual people can become asexual. Approximately about 4-5% are known to be asexual in india however, there needs to be more research to authenticate the same. Asexuality is a sexual orientation that means a person feels no sexual attraction to people of any gender. However, a person who identifies as asexual can still choose to have sex, can still love, can still be involved with a romantic partner or get married, and can still engage in normal relationships. Asexuality doesn't describe what a person chooses to do, but rather how a person feels.
Asexual people have emotional needs, feel attraction to others, and can even feel arousal: they just don't feel sexual attraction.
Asexuality is not the same as having a low libido, which can be caused by medical or health issues, nor is it the same as repressing one's sexual desires or having past sexual abuse. As with any sexual orientation, the label asexual is a generalization that doesn't explain or represent everyone who identifies that way. All humans are unique and individual, and sexual orientation exists on a spectrum of needs, desires, interests, and attractions.
Abstinence is the deliberate choice to refrain from sexual activity, while celibacy is the deliberate choice to refrain from sexual activity and marriage (or marriage-like relationships). These choices may be made for religious, philosophical, moral, or other reasons. Asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction, but not necessarily a lack of sexual appetite (libido).
This means asexual people can be - abstinent or celibate.
Sexually active through masturbation.
Sexually active with a partner.
Asexuality is a sexual orientation that's distinct from heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality, and other orientations. However, asexuality also has nothing to do with biological sex, gender identity, or gender expression. And being asexual doesn't mean you are aromantic, which means a person feels no romantic attraction to others.
Asexual people often partake in romantic partnerships or relationships, but whether a person is open to physical or sexual intimacy depends on the individual. But dating doesn't necessarily require physical or sexual interaction, and two people can develop a strong emotional or romantic relationship with or without a sexual element: intimacy is much more than just physical touching or sexual activity.
An asexual partner may or may not be open to sexual activity, so it's important to communicate so that everyone involved is on the same page. Feeling sexual pleasure is different from feeling sexual attraction, and some asexual people can enjoy sex.
Conversely, some asexual people are not interested in sex at all, and will not be open to exploring a sexual relationship. Asexuality isn't a choice or preference any more than heterosexuality and homosexuality are. Asexuality isn't a problem or disorder, and it isn't caused by abuse or violence. People who identify as asexual don't need to be fixed and aren't going to change based on the person with whom they're in a relationship.
Some people who are asexual are not interested in romantic relationships, and may just be open to close friendships or non-sexual romantic relationships.
Natural remedies for general weakness:
- Soak 8-10 almonds and 1 teaspoon rice overnight. Remove the outer skin of almonds and make a fine paste. Mix in some milk and a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi). Boil in water and drink this with sugar candy (mishri) or ordinary sugar to taste.
- Take mango slices. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon honey, a pinch of saffron (kesar), cardamom (chhoti illaichi) and rose water (gulab jal) on it. Take twice daily.
- Do 10-15 minutes of warm up and stretching exercises in the morning before leaving for work. This will help to keep you fresh and prevent tiredness.
- Never skip your morning breakfast.
- Take a break from your daily routine. Set some goals in the day to perform. Learn to delegate work as too many things together can be a cause for fatigue and tiredness.
- A warm shower after work or before going to bed is also helpful.
- Avoid cigarette smoking, alcohol and tobacco as far as possible.
- Avoid burning the candle from both the ends by sleeping late and getting up early in the morning. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Losing your virginity can be a big experience and can be exciting as well as nerve-wrecking at the same time. Its significance is different for everyone and there are no wrong or right ways to lose your virginity. Making your first time a memorable experience is easy if you know and remember these 4 things:
1. Relax - You might be conscious about your body or nervous about pain or pleasing your partner, but you need not be. It is natural to feel insecure and nervous, but communicating your reservations with your partner will clear the air between both of you, helping you level your expectations and relax. Your first time is about exploring each other's body and pleasuring each other as well as an understanding partner will help you relax and forget your insecurities.
2. It might hurt a bit - If you are a woman, intercourse for the first time might hurt a bit if your vagina is not well lubricated before you have sex. Also, you might feel some pain and/or bleed if your hymen tears, but it will not be excruciating pain. Worrying about the pain is a lot scarier than the actual pain. Some women may not experience any pain at all. However, you should make sure you are well lubricated. Foreplay is a great way to get ready for intercourse and if it is still painful you could use additional lubricants to minimize discomfort and pain.
3. Go slow - If you are a man, help your partner be comfortable by going slow in accordance to their wish. Going too fast may hurt your partner if they are not comfortable and make your first time a traumatic experience. Try to gauge your partner's reactions and proceed in a way pleasurable to both of you. Penetrating too soon might cause you to ejaculate too quickly before your partner has climaxed. Indulge in foreplay so that both of you are ready. If your partner ejaculates too fast or is unable to hold his erection, do not feel rejected or angry, support him and help him get aroused again, as it is just an effect of nervousness and excitement.
4. Use protection - There is no truth in the saying that you cannot get an STD on your first time. It is completely possible and the only way to prevent that is to use condoms or not have penetrative sex. Women can get pregnant during unprotected sex and unless you plan to become pregnant, panicking about being pregnant for days after your first time will ruin your first time and peace of mind. Use birth control and/or condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancy after your first time, and both your partner and you will be able to enjoy losing your virginity without any worries.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido