Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L.Priya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. L.PriyaYour feedback matters!
I am 8 wk 1 day pregnant. Despite of super high hcg level my doc did not find any heartbeat? What is the reason behind it? I do not have any symptoms of m/c. Also I am not bleeding.
Hi Dr. my friend has a problem of loosen vagina she wants to tight her vagina if you want to image to advise then contact her on 9338068452WA.
We are trying for a baby since last 6 months. Sperm count was also found normal in Sperm test. But not able to conceive. My blood group is B+, and my wife's blood group is O+. Do these blood groups match for pregnancy. If not kindly advise what to do.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation:
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello sir , Please advice symptoms of pregnancy can be seen after how many days of unprotected intercourse?
Hi doctor, I missed my period this month and I had an cyst on left ovary whch had been removed last year. After operation my periodic cycle was normal. Last month period date: 12/10/2016. Consulting with my doctor I took deviry10 for five days twice. Yesterday I finished my tablets. Now my question is when my period wll occur? Doesn't period occur during intaking of deviry 10? I am virgin Please answer.
Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis or AIS is a spinal disorder that leads to a curvature of the spine. As the name of the condition suggests, it is diagnosed during late childhood or early adolescent. However, there is a possibility of it occurring till the age of 18. Even though some of the curvature remains constant throughout life, others may progress as the patient ages.
Causes of AIS
The exact cause for AIS is not known and neither can the condition be connected to other underlying abnormalities. The term ‘idiopathic’ refers to a condition, which is mysterious. However, the scientific community agrees that a combination of factors including
- Hormonal problems
- Abnormal growth of the bone and muscle
- Genetic predisposition
- Nervous symptom abnormalities
It is common for people with family history of the condition to be affected. Almost 30 percent of AIS patients have a genetic predisposition to the condition. Both men and women can be affected by the disease, but girls are at a higher risk of developing greater curves on the spine over time.
Extreme pain is often not one of the symptoms related to adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Here is a look at some of the more common symptoms associated with the condition.
- Asymmetrical shoulder height- AIS and the resulting deformation of the spine often causes one shoulder to droop lower than the other one.
- Tilted shoulder blades- Aside from the differing height in shoulders, one shoulder blade may be tilted forward, while the other blade may be positioned normally.
- Rib protrusion- As the name suggests, AIS may cause one rib to protrude from the back. This can be easily visible from behind the patient.
- Torso Lean- This symptom is common in people where the AIS affect the middle or lower back. In such a case, the upper body may seem to be leaning to any one side, and one side of the hip may seem to be higher than the other one.
Treatment is divided into surgical and non-invasive. While in the beginning, the non-invasive procedure, such as medication may be used, surgery may be required if all other remedies fail. However, treatment of some kind is essential as ignoring the problem can severely restrict movement and may even lead to other severe issues. Some minimally invasive procedures have also been developed, which can help treat the condition. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, sperm was not ejected but I guess there was a very little pre cum, it was very less. So I take I pill just to my make self less worried. Its already been approximately 48 hours and I have 24 hours left as per I pill says.
Hello, mera naam Dr Sujata Agarwal hai, mein MBBS MD Gyaene hoon, obtsetrology mein mera diploma kiya hua hai, main Sarita Vihar, Badarpur aur Apollo hospital mein practice karti hoon. Main aap logo ko pregnancy aur usse related ultrasound ke baare me batana chahungi, agar aap log mujhe dikha na chahte hain ya consult karana chahe toh aap mera number Lybrate se le sakte hain. Pregnancy aur ultrasound aajkal dono ek doosre ke saath bilkul mil rahe hain, main aim hamara pregnancy mein ultrasound karne ka ye hota hai, ki bache ki growth theek ho aur baccha us samay deliver karaya jaaye jab woh safe ho, koi complication ho toh hum usko pata karle, bache ke andar kisi bhi tarah ka defect ho to usko pata karle. Kuch logon ka iss tarah se myth hota hai ki ultrasound jo hai bahut jyada karana pregnancy mein safe nahi hai, lekin yeh bilkul galat hai dharna hai. Ultrasound ek tarah ka different mechanism hai jisme sound waves bache ke andar ja ke reflect hoke wapas machine mein aati hain, isme Koi x-ray ya koi aur tarike radiation nahi hai jo bacche ki growth pe ya uski kisi development pe problem kare. Isliye pregnancy me ultrasound bhale hi doh ho, dus ho, bees ho depending upon our requirement woh bilkul hi safe hote hain. Jo pehla ultrasound hum karte hain wo do se teen mahine ke beech mein karte hain yeh janane ke liye ki kaee baar twin pregnancy hoti hai, triplet pregnancy hoti hai, ke number of foetuses kitne hain. To know number of foetuses No.1, No. 2 bacche ko hum naap ke uski age pata laga sakte hain aur usse delivery ki date hum confirm karte hain aur teesra bacche ki heartbeat dekh ke hum bata sakte hain ki bacche ke andar koi missed abortion hai ya koi cruel problem nahi hai. Toh pehla ultrasound hota hai dating viability scan between 2 to 3 week preferably 8 weeks mein, second ultrasound humlog usko NT scan bolte hain 11 to 30 weeks me kiya jata hai. Iss ultrasound baccha pura bann chukka hota hai, uske charo haath pair bann chuke dekhte hain uske sar ki mainly, sar k i haddi bani hai ki nahi skull bone woh nazar aati hai kabhi kabhi kuch defects ho bacche ka skull nahi bana hota hai. Waise anal carefree baby ko hum early diagnose kar sakte hain. Teesra bache ke neck ki bone ko major karte hain jo main anteen hota hai aur uski thickness se hum bata sakte hain ki bacche mein koi development chromosomal defect hai ya nahi hai. Agar anteen normal se jyada hoga toh phir hame aage janch karne ki jarurat hogi kyunki usme bache ka defective hone ka risk badd jata hai. Uske alawa bache ka hame bacche ka stomach, urinary bladder, bacche ka heart care flow, ductors flow aur ek basic heart ka structure hame dikh jata hai aur hum ye bata sakte hain ki bacche mein basic koi defect nahi hai, yeah 11 to 13 weeks Mein NT scan hota hai. Iske baad mein jo sabse important ultrasound hai woh 4 se 5 mahine ke beech mein hota hai preferably 18 to 19 weeks mein 20 weeks se pahle hame dekh lena hota hai ki bache ke andar kisi bhi tarah ka koi defect nahi hai. Toh 20 weeks ke baad agar bachche defective bhi hai toh bhi abortion karne ke liye Supreme Court ke paas ja ke unse hame permission leni padti hai. MTP act mein sirf 20 weeks tak hi hum log agar defective baby ho toh terminate kar sakte hain. Toh 18 to 19 weeks mein baby jo hai pura develop ho chuka hota hai, uski puri body, brain, skull, heart, kidney, hath, pair har tarah ki cheeze hume dikh jati hain aur hum confidently bol sakte hain ki bacch bilkul safe hai aur aap pregnancy aram se continue kariye. In 18 to 19 weeks jisko hum anomaly scan bolte hain, uske baad jo next ultrasound hai wo patient to patient requirement pe depend karta hai. Normally ye around 30 to 34 weeks pe karte hain aur isko coloured optical scanning bolte hain. Isme hum bache ke sare brain, heart or uske alag alag naso me blood ka Prabhav dekhte hain aur usse hame pata chal jata hai ki bacche ki growth jo hai thik hai ke nahi hai, uterus ki arteries mein blood flow dekhte hain usse pata chal jata hai ki high BP hone ka risk hai ki nahi pregnancy ke samay. Aur jin baccho mein growth retardation hota hai, unka phir hum doh doh hafte pe serials scan karke dekhte hain ki growth ho rahi hai ki nahi ho rahi hai aur agar hame lagta hai ki baby bahut jyada week hai aur pait mein uski maa ke andar uterus mein dala jata hai isliye hum timely delivery plan kar sakte hain ultrasound ke dwara. Toh is tarah se ultrasound pregnancy mein bahut hi safe hai, isko karane mein koi hichak nahi honi chahiye. Deliveries ki requirement ho aur aapke doctor suggest kare, toh usko bina kisi darr ke karaiye, uska koi side effect nahi hai. Thank you so much agar aap logon ko mujhse kabhi kuch scan karana ho ya milna ho toh aap mere se appointment le sakte hain.
In many cases, the body responds to a stressful or traumatic situation by disassociating with it. This can result in the development of a dissociative disorder. A dissociative disorder or dissociative amnesia is a mental illness that involves the breaking down of memory, consciousness, identity and perception. It can interfere with a person's general functioning, social life and relationships. People suffering from dissociative amnesia can have long gaps in their memory of the accident and the time before and after it.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to men. It has also been found to have a genetic link as people suffering from this condition often have other members of their family who experience something similar. Manmade and natural disasters such as wars, floods, earthquakes etc that cause overwhelming stress is said to trigger this disease.
The inability to recall past events is a primary symptom of this disease. Other symptoms include
- Depression or anxiety
- Inability to remember personal information
- Substance abuse
- Mood swings
- Sexual dysfunction
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive symptoms
- Hallucinations and
- Social withdrawal
Treatment for this disease is a two step process. The first step involves relieving symptoms and controlling any behavioral changes. The second step aims at helping the person to recall and process their memories. Developing coping skills and rebuilding relationships is also focused on. Depending on the individual and the severity of symptoms showcased a doctor may choose to treat the patient using any of the following forms of treatment.
- Psychotherapy: This form of treatment is designed to encourage communication and give the person insight into their problems. It uses a number of psychological techniques.
- Cognitive therapy: Changing dysfunctional thinking patterns and their resulting emotions and behavior patterns is the focus of this form of treatment.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia patients who also suffer from depression or anxiety can benefit from medication such as anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs. However, this medication does not treat the dissociative amnesia itself.
- Family therapy: In some cases, along with the patient it is also necessary to counsel the family. Family therapy involves educating the family members about the disorder and symptoms of recurrence.
Clinical hypnosis: This type of treatment uses intense relaxation and focused attention techniques to access the unconscious part of the mind and allow people to explore their thoughts, emotions and repressed memories. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.