Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. L PriyaYour feedback matters!
Hi, We are married for 3 years and trying for baby. We have started with treatments a year back, but nothing clicked. I used to be very jovial and active before. But, now I have become quiet and depressed. Frustration to the core. Not able to concentrate well in work as well.
My age is 30 years and I am unmarried. My problem is that my period is now happens only for 1 days and that too with very less bleeding. I am worried about my future pregnancy. Please let me know if there would be any problem in my future pregnancy?
We, re a married since four years. But we do not have a child. When we went for the tests it was told to both of us are alright. Only negative remark was my husband was having thyroid. We even tried IUI but still it was unsuccessful. We really feel like going for endoscopy test. Kindly guide us pls.
I am 48 yrs old,I am having burning micturation.I had urine infection 10 yrs back.But now what may be the cause fr burning?shld I take any treatment?
My wife 42, her lazt LMP 5 may, after that she conceive, on july 1, she had to undergo abortion, she starts MALA D on 5 july. We used condom in parallel to avoid pregnancy, but she stops Mala d three days ago, so that after three days mensuration cycles starts and in these three days we do unprotected sex. When cycle will start as per LMP, if there any chances of pregnancy in last days pl guide.
Being a virgin is a very relative term. While for some it may mean having penetrative sex (which would entail the hymen being torn) and for others it might be when you have been physically intimate with another man, even without having sex. Whatever the criteria, know that your husband may never know if you have had sex before — unless of course, you tell him.
This is because a woman’s hymen is a very delicate tissue that covers the opening of the vagina. While for some women it completely covers the opening of the mouth of the vagina, in some it may partially cover it and in others it may be absent. Apart from that, the hymen may also tear due to activities like running, swimming, cycling, certain stretching exercises and in some cases, even walking fast. You may also like to read about virginity tests for women– are they accurate?
Also, if you bleeding the first time you have sex is his indicator of your virginity, know that it is not necessary that it’ll happen with everyone. Some women don’t bleed. You may also like to read — do all virgins bleed the first time they have sex?
So, do not worry on that front.
As for the hymen repair options. There is a procedure where a surgeon can stitch a hymen back in place over our vagina. Known as a hymenoplasty, this procedure takes a day to perform and you will need a significant amount of time to recover.
Hi, I am suffering from burning and itching in the vulva and vagina Large amounts of discharge Red, inflamed, painful agonizing mucous membranes Appearance of lesions Odor Abnormal bleeding Bleeding after sexual activities Dry vagina. Please help.
Pregnancy is considered to be one of the most challenging and important phases in the life of a woman.
Pregnancy Complications are health problems that occur during pregnancy. They can involve the mother’s health, the baby’s health, or both. Some women have health problems before they become pregnant that could lead to complications. Other problems arise during the pregnancy. Keep in mind that whether a complication is common or rare, there are ways to manage problems that come up during pregnancy.
Some complications that might occur during pregnancy are discussed below:
- Severe Nausea and Vomiting: It is common for nausea and vomiting to occur during a pregnancy. In order to avoid this condition, one should consume several small meals throughout the day and completely avoid spicy and fatty foods.
- A persistent abdominal pain, severe headache, swelling and visual disturbances during the third trimester: This can be a fatal condition and often is a sign of high blood preeclampsia (pregnancy complication involving high blood pressure as well as damage to another organ system). It can be diagnosed early using good prenatal care which essentially comprises of frequent check-ups with the doctor and all the necessary treatment during pregnancy.
- Flu Symptoms: It is recommended that flu vaccine should be administered to pregnant women as they usually tend to develop the disease during their pregnancy.
- Gestational Diabetes: Gestational diabetes can increase the chance of a larger baby at birth and create delivery complications, increase your risk for high blood pressure and cause the baby to have blood sugar problems after birth. If you are diagnosed, it’s important to consult your gynecologist to control your blood sugar level, which can often be done through diet and exercise.
- Baby’s activity level significantly declines: Sometimes, the activity of a previously active baby might decline. This can be felt by reducing the number of the kicks by the baby. The doctor has specific equipment that aids in identifying and resolving the problem.
- Bleeding: Heavy bleeding accompanied by abdominal pain and menstrual-type cramps during the first trimester might indicate an ectopic pregnancy (embryo is implanted outside one’s uterus) or a miscarriage while occurrence in the third semester indicates placental abruption (characterized by the placenta separating from the womb’s walls). Any form of bleeding warrants the immediate attention of the doctor. Steps to avoid bleeding include bed rest, avoiding heavy work, and keeping yourself hydrated.
A Healthy Pregnancy-
The best way to ensure a healthy pregnancy is to focus on the things you can control and don’t obsess about what could happen. Take good care of yourself and your developing baby and talk with a healthcare provider when you have concerns.
Hi, I am 22 yrs old, recently I had sex with my fiance on the 3rd and 4th day of periods using condom. Will I get pregnant? please help me . Thank you!
Looking for the path toward a healthier you? it’s not hard to find. The journey begins with some simple tweaks to your lifestyle.
The right diet, exercise, and stress-relief plan all play a big role.
Follow a heart-healthy diet — there’s an easy recipe if your goal is to keep away problems like heart disease and strokes.
– eat more fruits and veggies.
– choose whole grains. Try brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole wheat pasta.
– choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes.
– cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.
Exercise every day — the more active you are, the better, meng says. Exercise boosts your heart health, builds muscle and bone strength, and wards off health problems.
Aim for 2 and a half hours of moderate activity, like brisk walking or dancing, every week. If you’re ok with vigorous exercise, stick to 1 hour and 15 minutes a week of things like running or playing tennis. Add a couple of days of strength training, too.
Vaginal yeast infection: causes, symptoms & natural tips to cure
If you’re busy, try short bursts of activity throughout the day. Walk often. A good target is 10, 000 steps a day. Take the stairs. Park your car far away from your destination.
Lose weight — when you shed pounds you’ll lower your risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
Aim for a slow, steady drop. Try to lose 1-2 pounds a week by being active and eating better.
“it doesn’t have to be an hour of intense exercise every day,”.
“any little bit helps.”
As you improve, dial up the time and how hard you work out. If you want to lose a lot of weight, try for 300 minutes of exercise a week.
Healthy diet not just important but is a necessity
Cut down your stress — it can take a toll on your health. You probably can’t avoid it altogether, but you can find ways to ease the impact. Don’t take on too much. Try to set limits with yourself and others. It’s ok to say no.
To relieve stress, try:
– deep breathing
– healthy eating
Take time every day to invest in your health.