Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. L.PadmanabhanYour feedback matters!
What are the different symptoms of cancers? How does we cure it? List some more suggestions about it!
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 10 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results.
My symptoms:- lump-pain in right testicle chest pain shortness in breathing Bone pains Frequant urination yellow urine headache my vision:- may be i am having testicular cancer stage 3.
2. Take a daily Probiotic
3. Do not touch added sugar - glucose or High Fructose Corn Syrup
4. Avoid mass market cows´ dairy (unpasteurised milk from grass fed cattle does, however, have advantages)
How can we reduce the tumours ? Konsi technique se hum apni body me unseen tumours ka pata lga skte h? I have many small tumours around the throat and by right side of chest? They are lil bit growing and sometimes paining is it harmful for me or need nt to worry can I survive within this whole life m scared nd dnt want to go to dctr pls help me out here and make me feel better soon.
What are the symptoms of cancer and causes of cancer then what are the symptoms of flu? Then causes of flu.
Mera dost kabhi bhi saraf aur cigrette nahi pita hai. Usko blood cancer kis liye huaa. Aur koi reasons aur solution do plz.
What are risk factors for cancer? How is cancer treated? What are the side effects of cancer treatment.
I am 30 years female and I have a clump in my right breast and I have this from 20 yrs. Is this a cancer clump or just fibroid.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Following things can be done for maintaining a healthy prostate:
- Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
What are the symptoms of cancer and what are the effects and what it forms what are its main agents.
Do all the tumors are cancerous If it is can it be caused in 18 years of age If it cancerous. Is it pain full or not.
Hello doctors, I am 20 years I have right hip pain only since 8 months but its not continuous. I have severe hip pain while sleeping and riding scooty. I did x-ray and my x-ray report was normal. The x-ray report was seen by 3 orthopedics specialist as well as one surgery specialist and they also said that everything is normal but I must mention that while sleeping straight when I bent my right leg towards there is pain in my hips. Doctor I am very much worried is there any involvement of cancer? Should I go for MRI?
Causes and symptoms of Head and Neck Cancer
My name is Dr. Manish Julaha and I practice Head & Neck Oncosurgery. Today I'll tell you some facts about Head and Neck cancer how to predict them early. So in India approxiately 1.2 million cancer patients are detected every year, and out of this one thirds of the number occur in head and neck, mainly oral cavity and throat. And this is a very big number if you compare with rest of the countries because head and neck cancer they account for less than 10% in western countries and less than 4% in U.S. So what is the cause of such high number of head and neck cancers in India. It is mainly the use of tobacco and another sad fact about head and neck cancer in India is that majority of the patients, you can say more than 65% are present in stage 3 or stage 4. And we say cancer is curable if it is detected early and when patients presents to us in such late stages it effects all the paramaeters like overall survival, treatment outcome, side effects, functional outcome, quality of life everything is affected. And when patients come in early stage, the treatment is less invasive with less side effects and the functional outcome is very good and the chances of recurrence is very less.
So what can we do to detect head and neck cancer at the earliest. We can do this if we've the knowledge of the signs and symptoms which hint towards the head and neck cancer and by doing self examination. So what are the early signs and symptoms. They're mainly any ulcer in the oral cavity which dosen't heal in three weaks or any lump in the lung or oral cavity, any red or white patches in the oral cavity, or there maybe unexplained earache or nasal blockage, mainly on one side, specially with blood stained mucous discharge, ill fitting of denture because of any swelling in the gums. So, these are the early signs and symptoms. If we find any such thing we should take expert opinion. And by doing self examination we can detect head and neck cancer at the earliest. I would say all those people who're at a high risk of getting head and neck cancer they should do the self examination at least once a month. So who're the people who're at high risk of getting head and neck cancer. Most importantly those who use tobacco in any form, then elderly people above the age of 45 and people who have exposure to ionizing radiation in past, and people who have had head and neck cancer in the past they're at high risk of getting a second cancer so they should also be very careful.
Now, how to do this self examination. It is very simple, to do this you've to stand in front of the mirror and you've to feel both the lips, upper lips and lower lips, using your thumb and index finger feel both the lips and by pulling them outward you've to see the inner lining of the upper lip and lower lip and also you have to look at the upper gums and lower gums. And using your thumb and index finger pull your cheek and look at the inner lining of your cheek on both sides and look for any ulcer or lump or any red or white patches. Now just open your mouth and say "aaa" and while saying "aaa" just look at the throat and also at the roof of the mouth. Then by touching your tongue on the back of upper teeth have a look at the under surface of the tongue and the floor of mouth. Then pull your tongue outward and look at it's upper surface, by moving the sideways look at the sides also. Again look for any ulcer or lumps or any red or white patches and you have to examine your neck also. Just by standing straight palpate below the jaw bone and above the collar bones, and by moving the head backwards look for any asymmetry of the neck, if there is any fullness on one side as compared to the other side, there maybe some lump. If you find any such thing just take expert opinion.
Thank you very much for watching this video and contacting through Lybrate . Thank You.