Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. L.GeethaYour feedback matters!
The quality and sharpness of vision are generally measured with a Snellen chart. The Snellen chart shows letters of logically smaller size. Perfect vision is 20/20. This implies the patient or subject sees the same line of letters at twenty feet that a typical individual sees at twenty feet.
Here are a few doctor recommended tips that can be followed in order to achieve a perfect vision. These are as follows:
1. Eat right for good vision
Taking good care of your eyes begins with the food that you eat. Foods, for example, fatty acids, lutein, zinc and vitamins C and E may avert age related vision and eyesight problems, for example, macular degeneration and cataract as shown by certain studies. Eating these foods daily can lead to healthy eyesight. Following are some of the nutrients that can help us do so:
- Green vegetables, for example, spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon and fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
- Oranges and different citrus natural products or juices
- Shellfish and pork
2. Quit smoking
Smoking makes you more inclined to get cataract, optic nerve damage and macular degeneration. The more times you attempt to stop smoking, the more probable you are to succeed.
3. Wear shades
The right sort of shades will shield your eyes from the sun's bright (UV) beams. An excess of UV exposure makes you more inclined to get cataracts and macular degeneration. Pick shades that piece ninety nine to hundred percent of both UVA and UVB beams. Wraparound lenses shield your eyes from the side. Spellbound lenses diminish the glare when driving. Some of the contact lenses come with UV protection as well. It is still a smart thought to wear shades for more protection, however.
4. Turn away From the Computer Screen
Gazing at a computer screen for a really long time can bring about eye strain, foggy vision, trouble focusing at a distance, dry eyes. The muscles around the eyes can start getting weak and painful if given too much strain. Turn down the screen brightness. You need to at present have the capacity to see, however, you should not feel like you are gazing at a very bright light. In case you are reading from the computer, use the zoom capacity to make the content bigger.
5. Pencil exercise
Take a pencil, and place it some place in the centre. Draw a letter, number or dot in on any side of the pencil. For this activity, you will concentrate on the pencil and the spot as you move it toward and far from your eyes. Pencil push-ups are rumoured to correct twofold vision and crossed eyes, yet it cannot hurt to attempt them for different issues since it is free, easy, and just includes focusing and refocusing your eyes.
1. Myself Gyanendra Verma, from Bareilly UP. I am suffering from backbone pain from last 3-4 months, please tell me the treatment of this disease. 2. My younger brother is suffering from fifiorytis in eyes last 3 months, please suggest the best treatment for this disease.
My MOM is 62 years old. She had a problem of RETINA displacement in left eye and she is also suffering from cataract. Doctor advised to get the placement done of Retina first and then will go for cataract operation. So, we had a surgery of retina before one month but she is still complaining of pain in her eye after a operation for more than one month. When we consult doctor again and ask for the reason, he replied" The pain is because of the cataract and once the cataract operation will be done the pain will also go away" Please advise me what we should do?
I am 19 year old man and I am suffering from headache and pain surrounding my eyes for last 3 days. This ache/pain is so much that I can't get a proper sleep. I ate some headache medicines but nothing happened .please help me.
Sir or mam please help me. One of My best friend has lost her vision a week ago. Due to swelling in retina. Doctor said it is curable. I am very much worried about her. Please tell me what should we do. Will she be able to see as before.
I have very poor eyes site, could not see properly things near to me, how I can improve my eye sight bye taking proper diet?
I am 18 years old and I have high power spectacles and it is still increasing. So how can I control the increasing power?
I am sufferer of hypermetropia. What guidelines should I follow to improve my vision as well as my eye sight?
I am in confusion. I don't know what to do. I have two kids. My doesn't love me and his kids also. He won't spend time with family. He always want to spend with others expect with us. If he is in home he will be with mobile and laptop. He will not leave mobile for sec. He carries mobile Even he go to toilet. He always hold mobile and will be doing in mobile. He won't even speak for 5 mins with love to me. And he is so lazy. I have to do everything for him. Only bath he will do by his own other than that I have to do everything. He treats me like servant. I don't mind doing that if he show love on me. But he won't. I really want to die but I can't because I have kids they are two young and I can't imagine them with out me because definitely my husband will not take care of them if I die. And I can't go away from him with my kids. Because I don't have any assets to look after them. But if I stay like this I will go mad. Please suggest me what to do. Is there anything wrong with my mentality. Or with his mentality. How to change my life.
Hello sir, I am 25 years male, working computer related work in 8 hours. So lot of trouble in back pain & eye problems.
I am suffering from macula edema which is caused by uveitis. Now I am using nepafenac for cure but still no change. please help me what to do now?
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.