Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kuyli Bharat
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kuyli BharatYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old girl, I don't know what is happening with me because my left leg is swelling n very pain in it n my whole body is getting swell n pain and day by day my fat in body is fast happening. I am gone through hemoglobin and thyroid but both r normal. Phir bhi body fat ho rhi hai n all my dress are tight. And belly fat is gaining. I don't want to do dieting but want to know what is problem in my body. Is there any other problem that's why body is gaining and uljhan bhi hoti hai.
I am suffering from indigestion problem I am just 20 I had gastric problem what should I do to solve this problem and what diet I have to maintain?
I am a patient of hemoptysis which I generally suppress by eating trenaxa 500, I have an external gland in my lungs (history of 5 years) which causes hemoptysis. It was advised by the doctor that the same is not major I can go with it until its necessary as the blood amount is a half a cup to a cup which may heal by itself with time. So I avoid going to doctor whenever it happened and usually eat trenaxa for a week and do yoga for lungs and that helps me in healing process. But now its been nearly a week and hemoptysis occurred 3-4 times in a row in 6 days usually when I lay down on bed after doing continuous work for some hours. I can continue with trenaxa to suppress it and yoga for healing but I do not know what are the side effects of supessing it (like clots formation in lungs etc. Also doctor told me that if next time it occur he will do some bronchial embolization or something to treat it but I avoid that situation in the fear that what happens to me after that surgery and if I can heal it myself then I should. Please tell me if I am doing right, side effects of what I am doing and what will happen (what I will be like) if I go for the embolization thing? I will be really grateful if you help me with this as I am currently suffering from spitting of blood.
Dear doctor. The tip of my penis is very sensitive. I ejaculate fast when I masturbate my tip. Will that be the same while having sex. Can I please my partner.
Which dry fruits are good for health that I can take on a regular basis. How much to take in respect of each of them (quantity) When to take (Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night). My question is not with reference to any specific health issues, it is only for general health purpose as I understand that dry fruits are good for health.
I am having headache from last 2 days. What should I do for getting free from it as early as possible.
A Stress test is done by making you do exercises like walking on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike during an Electro Cardiogram or ECG. Sometimes, medication to stimulate your heart is used instead of exercise.
The stress test compares the circulation of blood in the heart when you are resting and when you are under optimum physical pressure. There are various types of stress tests, but the most common of them is the Treadmill Stress Test or TMT.
Why it’s done?
- A stress test is a common test for identifying a heart problem like Coronary Artery Disease or CAD in which the major blood vessels that supply your heart with blood, oxygen and nutrients, also called coronary arteries, get blocked, damaged or diseased.
- It’s also used for determining the condition of your heart after a heart attack.
- TMT utilizes exercise so it helps to show up extreme shortness in breathing, chest discomfort, dizziness and sudden weakness- all of these indicating an underlying heart condition.
- TMT is also used to check the efficiency of the heart medications for diseases like angina and ischemia and to monitor heart function in patients who’ve had an angioplasty or a heart attack earlier.
- It is also to identify an abnormal heart rhythm due to exercise.
CAD and Diabetes
People with diabetes are at high risk of coronary artery disease, as it tends to present late, Diabetics also suffer more silent heart muscle problems like Ischemia. This is why TMT is a lifesaver for diabetics as early detection and intervention can save lives.
- You need to prepare yourself before you take a stress test.
- You must not eat or drink anything but water for four hours before the exercise stress test which includes TMT.
- You should not drink any beverage with caffeine for twelve hours before the test too.
- You must stop all medications for the heart on the day the test is scheduled, unless specifically instructed by your doctor.
- If you are a diabetic, you should ask your doctor how much insulin can you inject on the day of the test, and if you are on pills, be aware that the medication is only to be taken after the completion of the stress test.
- You should wear comfortable clothes and soft walking shoes or sneakers for the TMT.
How is a TMT done?
A nurse or technician will place electrodes on your chest. These are then attached to wires that carry the electrical activity of your heart to the monitor and recorder of the ECG/EKG machine. These leads record different parts of your heart.
- Before you start the test, the EKG will record your heart activity on paper. This is called the Resting EKG.
- Initially, the treadmill is switched on at a rather slow ‘warm-up’ speed and gradually both the incline of the treadmill and the speed is increased every three minutes called stages.
- During TMT your blood pressure is recorded at the second minute in every stage.
- A stress test generally takes up to 90 minutes from beginning to end, but the exercise part of the test takes only 20 minutes.
- If you develop any uneasiness, TMT is stopped before the target heart rate is achieved.
How TMT Works
During the TMT, the healthy arteries in the heart dilate more than the blocked ones. This uneven dilation means that more blood is provided to the heart by the healthy arteries as compared to the blocked ones to their designated areas. This lowered blood flow makes the muscles in those areas thirsty for more blood during the TMT, creating symptoms like chest pain, and/or shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.