Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kurian.V.M.KYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 63 years old. My sugar counts to 343. BP 200/95. What is your suggestions since I don't want to take medicine. Only diet control treatment chart needed. Please help me. - S Sen Sarma.
I have the problem of fits (epilepsy) since 2008. It happens one or two times in a year. As it gives no symptoms like headache etc. Before it. Why this is happened? I took treatment in two hospitals. All the reports are normal. Doctor suggested to take tablets eptoin 100 mg twice a daily upto lifetime. Is it have any side effects?
I had high tryglerides. And am taking lipaglyn tab at morning I like to avoid medicine. What is my next step.
I have gain. So much of because of that I have to face some health issues like high bp n. All so how can. I loosemy. Weight?
My mom is 42 years old and she is having very weak pulse and low blood pressure. She is having fever around 99 to 100 daily for 20 days. If she goes on a walk then also fever starts. If she drinks water then she vomits and is feeling anxiety. She is feeling needles in her feet and hands. This problem has also happened to her a year ago and some times very rarely she get mild. Please suggest me the remedies and i want to know that are its causes.
I am 67 years young. Problem is higher level of triglycerides and marginal fasting sugar of 130. But have lot of gas. Some pain in lower back. Not taking any medicines.
I had a angioplasty 4 months back can the stents be removed if not can I stop the medicine if im maintaining my health perimeters by regular exercise and keeping my body fit.
Doctor I sometime feel pain in my chest. When we eat some oily food like puri. So My BP is little bit high I.e 90 to 135. So I want to knw wht was the reason for pain. Pliz advice.
Hi doctor I have been suffering from heavy breathing difficulty for the last 1month, I was under an ayurvedic treatment cause of some allergy for the last month, right now everyday I feel Breathing difficulty, I taste blood, my hands shiver, when I talk loud I feel to vomit day by day I'm weakening.
I have dry cough from 1 year. Sometimes it is not there Cough increases when I eat banana and when I do jogging. I think my chest is blocked. I took m-dryl expectorant last night it increased my cough frequency.
My father his age is 60 he is regular alcohol drinking from last 35 years some time he feel pain in side lower abdomen or some time chest pain he don't want to treat and don't want to test something please suggest which test is require for that and how can he leave alcohol.
I am 39 years old. I smoke 10-15 cigarette everyday. I am with high blood pressure. I don't do any hard physical work. Please what should I do?
I am 40 years old working women having diabetes, blood pressure and is suffering from hasimoto thyroiditis, where my hair is falling day by day heavily, eyesight is going blur, heart palpitates, can you suggest me good food intake for these type of problems.
Which is d best remedies for thinking positive. I always think negative and thinking for continuous that mujhe kuch hogaya to. My focus is on my heart only whenever some light pain at left side of chest I think negative only that heart attack hojayega.
It is said that, one in every three people are suffering from high blood pressure. It is estimated that at present more alone about 65 million people in US itself are suffering from this ailment. High blood pressure is a serious ailment that can cause heart attack, kidney failure, vision impairment, and it can even cause sexual problems. This ailment has no symptoms, and it is also regarded as one of the silent killers. In fact, erectile dysfunction, which is one of the serious ailments caused by high blood pressure can even affect the relationship between the couples.
High blood pressure and erectile dysfunction:
In the case of men, there is a direct link between sexual problem or erectile dysfunction and high blood pressure. Erection of the penis is caused by the two tissues called as corpora cavernosa. This tissue is made of small arteries and veins. During the process of erection, brain sends a signal to the nerve ending in the penis to dilate the arteries. This in turn makes the arteries to open sufficiently, and blood gets filled in empty spaces in the Penis. The relationship between high blood pressure and erectile dysfunction can be further analyzed as follows:
- Sexual arousal is caused by a male hormone called as Testosterone. In case a person is suffering from high blood pressure, he has low testosterone levels. Apart from this, in the course of time, those suffering from high blood pressure are prone to damage of lining on the arteries. This in turn affects the flow of blood in the arteries.
- On the other hand, in the case of a person suffering from high blood pressure, arteries fail to dilate and the smooth muscles of corpora cavernosa also fail to relax. Naturally, this affects the flow of blood to the Penis which in turn causes erectile dysfunction. Because of the combination of these two factors people suffering from high blood pressure suffer from the problem of Erectile Dysfunction.
Fear: It is natural that sexual problems can increase the anxiety levels, which in turn may lead to fear. As a result, the person may refrain from indulging in sexual activities. In fact, even one instance of erectile dysfunction is enough to fuel the fear, and the person would avoid indulgence.
There are medicines that can help the individual to manage this problem of erectile dysfunction due to high blood pressure. Apart from the medicine, the physician may also suggest exercises and certain restrictions on food. You should take the medicines strictly as per the physician's directions. With this, it should be possible to effectively manage the sexual problems in those suffering from high blood pressure.
She has started problem of chocking in neck while eating n Laughing a lot, plus after too much of Laughing she experience low blood pressure in her lower body legs. As if we say in Hindi "Numbness n jhanjhanahat" She has gained a lot of weight in upper half body in last 2-3 years so. Neck is also kind of swollen. Just concerned. Hope all the symptoms doesn't indicate something serious.
I am a 76 old man. From last night I was feeling a little but tired, unable to eat. I'm a diabetic and bp patient what could I do ?
Mera blood prssure 170/90 kabhi to 200/100 tak hi chala jata. Mere pass ke doctor kahate hai ki tu sochata hai? but sir bp ka socha ki muje bahut dar lagata hai. or sir kahbhi mujhe kisi ke ghar one night rahine ka ho to. muje aisa lgata hai mujhe hear attack to nahi aayeka? to muje baut takalif hoti chaakar bhi aate hai. or sine may dukhane lagata hai.please sir muze takalif kam karne kai liya koi rasta batya ki mai kar sakau
Blood pressure rises with each heartbeat and falls as your heart relaxes. The normal blood pressure should be less than 120/80 mm hg. An increase or decrease on either end can cause various problems.
Here are some of the natural ways to control your blood pressure.
- Having a diet low in sodium: In the event of a high blood pressure, curtail the consumption of foods that are rich in sodium. However, research reveals that sometimes it is not just enough to cut down on sodium in your diet. A person suffering from high bp should consume foods rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium as well to keep his/her bp in check.
- Drink plenty of water and curtail the consumption of alcohol: In case a person suffers from low blood pressure, it is advisable to drink plenty of water as low blood pressure is usually accompanied by bouts of dehydration, and consumption of water can help increase your blood pressure. Also, health drinks, which are rich in electrolytes, help your raise blood pressure. But one should avoid drinks that are high in sugar, and abating your alcohol consumption also helps to quite an extent.
- Burn extra calories and exercise regularly: Blood pressure usually increases with weight. Being overweight can lead to sleep apnea, which is marked by disruptive breathing while you sleep, which in turn condition can lead to increased blood pressure. Studies have found that weight loss is one of the most effective ways to control high bp. Regular physical activity is also advised to maintain a stable blood pressure.
- Avoid long, hot showers: The hot water in showers and spas can expand your blood vessels, which can often lead to a drop in blood pressure. A common sign of this would be dizziness and fainting while taking a bath. Therefore, for people suffering from this condition, using warm water rather than hot water is advisable.
- Completely avoid stress: One of the contributing factors of high blood pressure is chronic stress. Stress tends to affect blood pressure in indirect ways. Many react to stress by overeating, consumption of alcohol and smoking, all of which can increase your blood pressure. Try to know what triggers your stress and take steps to avoid it.