Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kuppu LakshmiYour feedback matters!
My age is 24 years old married. We are planning to conceive a baby in next month. So please suggest me the food manner between husband and wife and also do we need fit body. My husband do smoking, does smoking affect the baby. Please do guide me in this matter. And also if there any tips for my future pregnancy, please do guide me. Thank you.
In september of 2014, I had unprotected sex and ever since then, all of my problems started. I was told I had a yeast infection so I took monistat 7. My symptoms started to clear up but not completely. In January I went back, and was tested for Gonohrrea, chlamydia, trich, BV and yeast. All came. What should i do now?
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Hello. I am having problem of pcod. So what diet plan should I have in my regular life. I am suffering from weight gain problems.
My friend is suffering from frequent urination. This problem is started from December 2015 she consulted a doctor he has taken urine test in which there is infection in urine. So he gave medicines for 15 days after 15 days everything becomes normal but after a month this started again she used to go washroom frequently after 10 min and only very little urine come sometimes she can't control toilet she has to rush to the washroom very fast. She also feel pain in vagina during urination. Then again she tested again infection came she again taken medicines. Then everything becomes normal. But. This problem takes place some time after 10 days or 15. I don't know what is happening to her. Sometime it happens when she is empty stomach. After having some food she feels good. N she also do dieting. Sometimes she skip meals. N only takes veggies and pulses. No chapatis no rice. So is this problem is due to skipping meals. Also she do not drink milk from 8 year. So can you please tell what is the exact problem?
I am planning for a baby. My cycle time is 26 days and its due after 3 days. Please suggest what would be the best time window to make love. Sex before ovulation or after ovulation is helpful in conceiving.
I had sex with my gf today she bled during intercourse. After going home she bleeds when she fingers vagina. How long will bleeding last and the also there is a little pain. Why is this bleeding.
I had unprotected intercourse with my boyfriend on the 2nd day of my periods and I was having a heavy flow. He ejaculated inside, twice. I took an I-Pill next morning. My Periods were due on 21st of this month, but still no sign. Please suggest medication to resume periods.
From today I had started evacure my doctor suggest me to take evacure for three months and I have pcod problem. While taking evecare for 3 months is it chance to become pregnant?
Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urology also deals with certain women related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence. In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology.
Here are 9 things you should know as a woman
1. Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
2. An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
3. Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
4. Walk the exercise path to good health: Exercises for your vagina like kegal are great when done right. You can connect with a practitioner who specializes in toning and the stimulation of pelvic floor muscles to treat incontinence.
5. Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
6. Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.
7. Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
8. Women can get kidney stones too: This is true, especially when you forget to hydrate yourself in hot climates or high temperature situations.
9. Urology can solve some sexual problems too: Whether it's sexual dysfunction, low libido or trouble reaching orgasm, urology can play its part to help you out.
I had unprotected sex with my partner on the next day after her periods. Can she get pregnant? I am very worried.
I had unprotected sex 3 days before my periods n consumed I pill within 24 hrs. My periods are 10 days late please suggest what to do.
My girlfriend is having severe pain in her stomach since two days! We had unprotected sex before 15 days and when her periods just ended! Is there any symptoms of pregnancy?
The risk of a mental illness increases if one or more of your family members have a mental disorder, but this increased risk doesn't guarantee that you will develop a mental illness. Not only have some mental illnesses been found to be hereditary in nature, but certain studies have found that some major mental illnesses can be traced to the same genetic variations.
Some hereditary psychiatric disorders are:
1. Obsessive compulsive disorder
Obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD is a disorder of the brain and behavior. A person suffering from OCD has uncontrollable, recurring thoughts and behaviors they cannot stop repeating. Ocd also causes severe anxiety in such people. In 2000, a study conducted by researchers in Washington d. C. And Baltimore concluded that having one or more ocd family member (s) may increase the chances of you developing it too. In 2010, a study tracked down possible chromosomes that may be responsible for OCD.
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental illness that affects and dictates how a person feels, thinks and behaves. Those suffering from schizophrenia may lose touch with reality and experience delusions, hallucinations, thought disorders and movement disorders. It has been seen that people who have an identical twin with schizophrenia are 50% more likely to develop the disorder and those who have one parent suffering from schizophrenia are 18% more likely to inherit the illness.
Major depression or clinical depression is a common though severe mood disorder. It is characterized by an episode of sadness or apathy along with other symptoms that last at least for two consecutive weeks. Those suffering from depression may feel helpless and worthless, lose all interest in daily activities or activities they used to enjoy and feel unable to take part in normal day-to-day activities. Other symptoms of depression also include sleep pattern and appetite changes, chronic fatigue, concentration or focus problems and physical discomfort. Some patients with depression may become suicidal.
In 2011, a study pinned down a specific chromosome that may trigger depression development. Research on the hereditary properties of depression within families shows that some people are more prone to develop the disorder than others. If you have a parent or sibling that suffers from depression, you might be 1.5 to 3 times more likely to develop depression than those who do not have a close family member suffering from this condition. You are also more prone to developing bipolar disorder in such a scenario.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
Do I get any std or STI or HIV or AIDS? Last 10 days before a transgender done a blow job for me. And I am only received that. And before this itself I have a low immune power. Do I need to undergo any test? If yes means what test I need to do and where in chennai and what's the cost of the test? Please kindly give me a brief answer because I was worrying about this for past 10 days and this is the first time I did and I won't do this anymore please.
I am 16 years old and recently noticed a big but painless outgrowth or rather lump on my left vaginal lip. Is it normal? Or should I consult a gynecologist?
Hi, my son is 1 year and 1 month. Till 1 year he had food with out any problem. But last 10days he refused to eat some types of food like rice. He s earing rava upma and wheat bread in a good amount. What food I can give it to him. Is it good to eat wheat breads. I m still feeding my milk during night.
Flatulence is the condition of having excessive gas in stomach or intestine. This can result in uncomfortable feelings of bloating, as well as increased belching (burping) or passing of gas from the rectum.
Home remedies for flatulence
1. Take 2-3 gm of black pepper (kali mirch) and long pepper (piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder with honey (shahad) twice daily.
2. Slowly chew a small amount of fennel (souf) seeds or put them in a cup of boiled, hot water for 3-5 minutes and then slowly drink.
3. Eat a fresh piece of ginger (adrak) or added some fresh ginger to your food.
4. Mix two drops of peppermint oil in half a cup of cold water and drink twice daily.
5. Take 4-5 gm of ajowan (ajwain) with rock salt (sendha namak, khanij namak) twice or thrice a day.