Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kumaran
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. KumaranYour feedback matters!
How I increase my sex time more then 10 mint. When I'm going to sex. And how I control see hot video.
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, I am feeling like I got sight to my eyes. While I am watching phone or computer, I am able to see shadow of the letters. And also I am not able to face the light for more time. If I watch for 5 min also I that shadow of the letter is visible for me in mobile. Can you please suggest me which type of treatment I should take.
Is laser treatment for eye is a good option. Please suggest a better treatment to help remove spectacles. Also what will be the treatment cost and which hospital is good for this. Thanks.
Eyes are beautiful gift to enjoy God's creation .It works like a camera capturing images through transparent part of eye cornea; lens and focusing it on retina. Various eye surface and lid structures help to maintain the corneal transparency because oce it is lost either due to trauma; infection; oedema;dryness; etc leads to blockage or distortion in image formation hence reduced vision. So it very important to be safe then sorry protecting the eyes by protective glasses while driving or in outdoors ad also while working for loner hours in computers. Any redness of eye should be taken seriously and examined by Ophthalmologists to prevent corneal complications.
Whitish appearance of eye is also of concern as it can be commonly due to corneal [ulcer] or lenticular [cataract] retinal problem etc and needs proper examination.
Please take care of God gifted camera and enjoy world by doing regular check ups.