Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. KumarYour feedback matters!
Always I feel very lonely I can't trust the people because few situations in my life had came like that so that I can't be with anyone all the time I feel very very lonely please help me to be free.
I have been noticing that I feel blue a lot. I hardly ever feel happy. I'm a student entering final year and will be looking for jobs and I'm worried this may affect me badly. I'm losing interest in pretty much everything that I loved to do before, have no hobbies as of now and want to be alone most of the time. Other than that, I also feel lonely sometimes but do not like opening up to anyone and sound like a wimp. I try distracting myself but it feels very temporary. I'm low on self esteem and irritable/sleepy/disoriented most of the time. All this is becoming overbearing and I do not wish to consult anyone whatsoever since I cannot afford to consult someone right now. I hear people telling me to be "happy" and that I should be meditating and stuff but I'm just not interested, infact it pisses me off even more. Please advise. Thank you.
I have depression problem from last five years and taking medicines from different different doctors but not more changes.
I m born with single kidney. And I m already 21 old and I have smoking and drinking habbite so how it's dangerous of my health just bcoz of one kidney?
I was smoking more than 3 years but I was scared and stopped smoking for couple of days. Daily morning during wake up I feel like breathless it is because I left smoking suddenly or some other problem?
7 dangerous things that smoking does to your skin
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: the process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: the nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
Related Tip: E-cigarettes : Good Or Bad?