Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. KumarYour feedback matters!
I' m 36 years old male. My problem is that I can' t consiontrate on a thing long time. I think more on a thing but not take right decision. I irritate soon even on trifles. Please suggest me what should I do?
I got lot of problems I can't concentrate in any works am forgetting many things even which I kept the minutes before severe hair loss whenever am little frustrated or angry I get shivering and anxiety heavily and heart beats am getting weaker I am depressed all time dono wtf to do with me.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please held me.
I forget something what I read. This can be called a short memory loss. So what should I do to increase my memory power. I am 20 years old.
Mujhe kuch mahino se rat ko ajeb si abbaj sunai deti hai. Or wo abbaj mare mind me ghmuta rahta hai. Yh nehi ki ye bharam hai. Mai apne man ko kafi hosla deta hu ki ye sab kuch nehi hai, phir bhi mai apne aap ko kaffi demoralize mahsus karta hu. Kabhi-2 rato ko nend nehi aati. Tv dekhata hu to mujhe lagta hai ki ye mere jiwan se juri bate kar rha hai. Or ya ye mare sath ho chuka hai. Waki hi wah cheej mare zindagi me dubara dastak deti hai, or mare sath kuch na kuch hota hai. Waise mai abhi unmarried hu. Yah nehi ki mujhe dar lagta hai, mera hosla bhi kafi buland hai. Sirf mujhe ye abbaj se chutkara mil jai. Note:- 1. No. Drink, smoke, tension, 2. Like. Cricket, vollyboll, swimming, listen old music, tv serial. Na ani bad habbit. So pleae give me a energetic path. Thanks.
My husband loves me so much and I also love him, but he has the problem of dreaming about me that if I talk with someone specially gents my husband gets the dream that I am with that person having sex over him. And the next day he tells that dream. I am normally jovial type and talk with others freely. Since my husband has this problem I don't know what to do. Whether I have to talk with others or not. Is there any remedy for my husband. Please help me doctors. And how I have to behave?
I have lots of exam stress. Tension. That affect on my health dark circle below eyes due over night study.
Sir/madam, I have noticed that when ever I get upfrom sleep. I feel anxiety, panic. Weird and depressed feeling a very strange and bad feeling. I also have habit of over thinking alot due to which I have headache. Help pls.
I lost my dad last year I very depressed last one month so how to I am very active plzzz give me the suggestions.
Sir due to personal and family dispute problem I think that I am suffering from depression so please suggest safe and perfect treatment.
Doctor, I'm a 36 year old girl. I have a slight loss of memory when it come to work that I keep forgetting about certain works I did the day before or the payments I made and received. This is creating a little problem at work. And I do keep over thinking about my future as I want a career and I have been getting proposals for marriage, when i'm not at all ready for it. I wish to work and make some money. I keep avoiding all the family get together and meetings with relatives as they keep asking me about my exams (I'm a CA student. I wanted to be a designer in the first place, but was ok with mothers choice. Even I agreed to it. But I regret it very badly now. I asked several times to switch my career choice and all I kept getting as reply was "try. Try" I am literally tired now. I could not pass the levels in B A and now I stand with a UG degree and 3 years experience. Best part is articleship is not counted as experience when you apply for jobs. I still tried and my applications are getting rejected. I sleep a lot. I keep thinking a lot. And I'm worried about my future. Above these worries to have a proper career, my parents want me to get married. I do not want to marry without my own job, and live the rest of my life with someones money. I want my own income. Doctor, I do not know if these are nonsense or if i'm being immature, but I do face a lot of mental stress and my friends say that I have changed and become more silent, when I used to be a very lively person. I want support from my parents side. All I want is that. If I should be able to do something, then I need only them to be strong and have faith in me and god. I tried convincing them, but every next time they come up with another proposal that too of 31 and 32 years old,(they think age defines maturity, but I do not believe when they them self is an example. As I have not mentioned anything about my choices. Please guide me if i'm wrong with my views regarding life and career. Thank you Doctor.
Nervous Breakdown is not a medical term. It is connected to health problems associated with depression and anxiety. It often results from extreme stress and need medical help to overcome it. Although there are physical and emotional symptoms of this state of being, people often miss it. Here is a list of some common signs and symptoms related to nervous breakdown:
- It is hard to concentrate: It is often seen that a person finds it hard to concentrate when he is on the verge of mental breakdown. While a little stress helps in better functioning of the memory, chronic stress can prove to be lethal for the human mind and body. According to a study conducted by the University of Maryland Medical Center, it is found that too much stress results in the secretion of a hormone called cortisol which deteriorates the memory.
- Food becomes your best friend: An increased level of stress makes the body release certain hormones such as adrenaline for a flight response. When this hormone wears off, cortisol asks the body to replenish energy from food. This hormonal reaction results in emotional eating. As a result of stress, certain high sugar items such as ice-cream and chocolate give a good feeling to the body. According to a study conducted by the American Psychological Association it was found that 40 percent out of 3000 individual seek pleasure in high fat high sugar items.
- An upset stomach: Often before nervous breakdown, many people report symptoms related to IBS. A patient might also go through certain other symptoms such as stomach aches, abdominal pain and diarrhea. These indicators are related to overwhelming stress more often than not. According to a recent study conducted by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, it is found that more than half the people suffering from IBS have anxiety or depression related disorder.
- Slouching becomes your favorite activity: Slouching is a major indicator of stress. A study conducted by the San Francisco State University in 2012 revealed that slouching drains more energy than skipping. Poor posture and depression is a common phenomenon in people suffering from anxiety and stress related disorder. If this is occurring way too frequently, it is time to consult a doctor and get professional help.
- A hyperactive nose: People with hypertension, anxiety, depression and stress often find themselves with a hyperactive sense of smell. A study conducted by the University of Wisconsin revealed that when a person is exposed to disturbing images of crashes or accident, he is often found to have a distorted sense of smell. Even neutral smells can be mistaken as foul ones by patients suffering from anxiety. If this sounds familiar, it is time to visit a doctor.