Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krithika ManimaranYour feedback matters!
I gave birth to healthy baby. And I face lot of problems in my location firstly I got some milk and that was not sufficient to my baby and now totally lactation stopped .baby starting rejecting Breast fead. She is crying loudly if I prefer breast fead .now how can I make my baby to start nursing. She is not letting me to do breast feed to start again lactation. After totally stooped production can I get again lactation by medicine or something. Plzz help me I'm worried about my baby.
I am a 20 years old women .I had pcos and I took treatment for it ,doctor prescribed me krimson 35 and at the end of the cycle I had unprotected sex and it ended up in pregnancy and later we decided to abort it and so we took tablets for it. Then report came to be Complete abortion. But,after few weeks my periods became irregular and so the doctor prescribed me krimson 35 again and at the end of the cycle I had unprotected sex but we used pull-out method to avoid pregnancy and I had my regular period before 7 days but from the fifth day of my last menstrual I am having brown discharge and vaginal bleeding accompanied by lower abdominal pain. When we had pregnancy test ,it shows negative but I personally need to know what could be the cause of this discharge and bleeding with pain. Is it a pregnancy symptom.
I'm a mother of 16-month old girl, who takes my feed too. I was taking calcium and iron since three-four years as I also have hypothyroid, but after my baby's birth, its not regular and I usually miss out on taking these supplements. Though, I do take milk twice a day. Actually, whenever I wake up in the morning, my body aches so much, especially my feet and legs too. And the day I have a little more work to do, I have severe leg pain. Pls suggest.
Hi mam, I had a medical abortion in October. I had my first period soon after abortion on Nov 29 till Dec 3rd. I am supposed to get my second period at the end of this month but I didn't get yet. Am also feeling nauseous and today I had heavy fainting sensation or dizziness. Am very much feared so pls help me out.
Hello Dr. .mujhe thyriod h tsh 5.8 hai weight 67 hai .aur ovary me toda swelling hai .mai last 4 month se baby plan kar rahi hu .but nai ho pa rah h .mai thyriod k liye 25 mg ki medicine le rahi hu .mujhe period regular aate h .dr ne harmony F medicine lene ko kaha h .dr kya meri problm bahut badi h jisse mujhe baby concieve nai ho payega.
Hi doctor I can take ayurvedic and homeopathy medicines for pcod any side effects or problem please tell me.
2. Try not to eat or drink anything half an hour before and after taking medicine. Except water.
3. Avoid coffee, raw onion, garlic till on homeopathic medicines as these interfere with the action of homeopathic medicines.
4. Avoid using perfumes or strong smelling deodorant.
5. Avoid the use of camphor in any form where homeopathic medicines have been kept as camphor antidotes all medicines prepared from vegetable sources.
6. If you are taking medicines for hypertension, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma or any other chronic disease, do not stop them immediately. Consult your doctor and if advised then only reduce their dosage.
I am 23 years old I am married I am suffering from vaginal itching and rashes b urning, redness, and swelling of the vagina and the vulvaPain when you urinate (pee) Pain during sex ,rashes on vagina very severe burning.
I hav diagnosed with pcod from last 3 years. I get my periods when I take tablets. And I am married, me and my husband planning for a baby from last 6 months but I didn't conceive yet, even I am taking treatment for pcod. And my blood report says I hav high count of LH. My husband recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and has less sperm count, so now please suggest me what the further step? What is IUI and IVF? Please explain me in detail.
My period has started and I tried drinking hot things it helps util I fall sleep then I bleed a lot when I sleep how do I make myself bleed less and stop cramping in my stomach.
I am 32 year old. In 2009 there was an miscarriage. After have separated for 5 years from husband now again we settle together after gapping of 5-6 years. Now again in jan 2015 I miscarriaged. My doc suggested some test. There was cmv igg is 3.20 and rubella is 6.30 which is positive. Dos prescribed torchnil capsules for 2 months. Kindly tell me when can I conceive and will my baby will be normal. I want to conceive n want baby to be normal. Please advise.
Hello I need one help this little urgent. My wife pregnant of 8 months running and doctors told her she has diabetes and low blood pressure. It's safe to have sex with her in this times.
How to exercise during your period
The question of whether or not a woman should work out or not when it is the time of the month is one that has been much talked about. Fluctuations in hormone levels that take place during the monthly cycle have a tremendous impact on the level of energy, stamina and the body's response to exercise. The likelihood of getting injured is also different during periods.
Exercising during your period has many positive impacts on the body. Each woman's ability to work out and her response to it are different and hence the workout routine you must adhere to can vary from person to person.
What are the benefits of working out during periods?
- exercising during periods can be effective in alleviating the symptoms that accompany your period at the time such as stress and anxiety.
- loss of body fluids through sweating while doing exercises significantly reduces bloating in the belly.
- exercising can also ensure that there is less cramping and heavy flow during periods.
- endorphins released during exercise functions as a natural painkiller for period pains.
What are the best ways of working out during periods?
Depending upon how your body responds to periods, suitable workout routines can vary from high-intensity training (hit) like running, cycling and heavy lifting to low intensity training (lit) like brisk walking and step aerobics.
Most women opt for light exercises during the first few days of the cycle and then gradually increase intensity, which is advisable for those who are not in the habit of regularly working out. Athletes and sportswomen who train all around the year take to high-intensity workouts that focus on core strengthening and cardio boost.
What exercises should be avoided during periods?
The only kind of workout that should be avoided during this time is yoga that involves any 'inverted pose' that requires a woman to perform partial or complete headstands. These poses negatively impact blood flow and can cause painful heavy bleeding.
Apart from that, when it comes to exercising during periods, the guideline is simple - if you can handle it, you should go ahead and do it.
Related Tip: Why Do Some Girls Have Extremely Painful Periods?
They used the withdrawal method while doing an intercourse. However, she is still not sure if she will not get pregnant. What should be the best way to prevent pregnancy after intercourse?
She is very thin and during sex in her vagina and some rushes outside her vaginal skin. please suggest some medicines and how she gain weight and little bit fatter . Her weight is approximately 32 Kg. We had a one year old daughter.
Deciding to have sex can be a big step for many in a relationship. It can be scary, nerve-wracking and at the same time enjoyable. Practicing safe sex ensures that you will be able to enjoy it more with your partner, being confident that you are protecting your body and health, and exploring your sexuality with a partner you trust. Here are 3 ways of having safe sex:
1. Staying safe against STDs - Visit a doctor regularly to get screened for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases or infections. Go for the check up with your partner before entering a new relationship to be on the safe side, and also, if you feel nervous. If your partner is not willing to practice safe sex, its best to try and counsel him/her on the importance of protection. Get vaccinated against HPV and HBV to reduce the risk of getting a STD.
2. Use latex condom - Use a latex condom while you have sex of any kind, including vaginal, anal or oral sex. Latex condoms are easy to use, efficient, cheap and widely available at all locations. Consistently and correctly using latex condoms during sex can reduce the risk of STD and pregnancy up to 99%. If your skin is allergic to latex condom you can use polyurethane condoms, which offer protection against STIs. Natural condoms are reliable against pregnancy but the material is not fine enough to ensure protection against STDs, making them less reliable for that purpose.
3. Consider using hormonal birth control - The hormonal contraception method regulates a woman's fertility cycle to prevent pregnancy. The most common type of hormonal birth control is referred to as 'pill' and is taken orally every day. If taken consistently and correctly, a pill is 99% effective when it comes to protection against unwanted pregnancies.
Hormonal patches and implants can also last for several weeks and are equally effective. Injections of estrogen and progestin can also be used. Vaginal hormone rings can also be worn during the month and removed during menstruation, offering 99% reliability.
Related Tip: 6 Special Sex Tips for Diabetics