Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. KrishnaveniYour feedback matters!
How to become a positive person. My mind is full of negativity in case of my carrier that no this is too tough to qualify I can not do it even I can not try. Because of others saying on this. It makes me so depressed. So please suggest me what should I do.
I am 33 years old male smoking 3 packs a day I want to quit smoking now need help, or any package to help me quit smoking.
Hi I am a mother of 2, an architect but have never had a constant job. Gave up for all the family reasons like kids, care for elders, family etc. My husband is into business but he is never had a constant source of income. He is from the past 5 years dependent on my family, sometimes he earns or borrows from his family and takes care of his needs. Me and my kids my family is supporting us. My family thinks I should leave him because of this and am not sure as my younger one is attached to her father and not sure how she will take it. He manipulates kids emotions to suit his will, so am scared if something goes wrong. Also, have been trying to start something, have been unsuccessful. Need to really get out this rut, please help.
My name is dodo I suffering from depression I tried some medicine please suggest me some more effective medicines.
I am 42 years old been depressed from the time I stopped smoking. Have lost all my confidence, fears and some negative thoughts
From last 5 years I lost y mother ad after I feel v depressed and frustrate Also because of my marriage not done. So wat I do?
I am student. Most of the time I spend on studies by sitting. So I am getting too much wt. I have become 81 kgs from 78 in one year.
Life has its ups and downs, but often we hold on to the downs for much longer than the actual event. While the trigger or anger, pain and hurt are beyond our control, the amount it can affect us is well within reach. Here are a few ways to cope better with emotional upsets.
- Give yourself a window to be upset: Be realistic and give yourself a time frame to give in to your emotions. Whether, angry, sad or frustrated tell yourself that you have only 1 day to be upset. In a way, this will diffuse the anger, frustration and once this time is over, you can start planning ahead.
- Take responsibility: Try analysing what you may have done to make the other person react in the way he or she did. Focus on what you could have done better and you will find yourself feeling more empowered.
- Get physical: Exercise and other forms of physical activity decrease stress hormones and increases the productions of endorphins or happy hormones that elevate the mind. Exercising also gives you time to focus on yourself without distractions.
- Express yourself: Whether it’s through art or writing, find an outlet for your emotions. This keeps it from being bottled up inside and gets the pain and frustration out of your system.
- Breathe: Breathing techniques like ujayii and anulom vilom can help calm the mind down when it is troubled and upset. These breathing techniques also keep your emotions from escalating.
- Get company: It is never a good idea to isolate yourself when you’re feeling blue. Instead, find people who you can open up to and share your thoughts with. This will give you a fresh perspective on what is going on.
- Look at both sides: No event is ever completely bad. No matter what may be troubling you look at both the good and bad sides of it. This can help minimise your loss and make it easier to let go of the problem.
- Do something different: The best way to get your mind off something is to give it something else to focus on. If you’re troubled by something that happened at work, go for a drive or play a sport. Similarly, if you’re having relationship trouble, go out with a few friends or read a book to take your mind off it.
- Visualize: Imagine the person or the event that is upsetting you as an object in your mind and visualise it melting away. Remind yourself that the anger or frustration you are feeling is worse than the person or event itself.
- Clean up: Organise your desk, your room or start cleaning up space around you. This will take attention away from whatever is troubling you and give you something to do. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.