Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KrishnaveniYour feedback matters!
I am 37 year old woman I have 2 year old boy. We are planning for second child, please advise me it is good for me as my age is 37. We are trying from last 6 months. Please advise me. My last period date was 30 jan. Before that last date was 26 dec.
I an 32 years old and married. I have irregular periods. It take 2 to 3 months. I was told told by a doctor that I have cyst on my ovary 3 years back. I am mom of a baby girl 5 years old but still I have same problem. What will be solution to regularise my periods?
A. Ayurveda is an art and science of healing, a way of long, happy and healthy living. It literally means'to know about life.
Q. How it is defined?
A. It is defined as one which informs to look after the welfare of all human beings in particular and beings in general with regard to their physical, socio-cultural and spiritual well being.
Q. What is its antiquity?
A. It existed right from the beginning of life on the surface of this globe, in some systematize form. A systematize knowledge of ayurveda came into existence thousands of years before christ (b. C.).
Iam30years old I get every month 2-3 days before for my period date but this month one day before but I have period 1day only n second day little why this happens pl tells me.
My girl friend is two weeks late and she has done preganews test last evening and it turned up to positive is she really pregnant and can you suggest a safest abortion pills for her which I can get in any medical. Her age is 27.
Hi, I have right breast wall pain from past 3 months it is mild and it is radiating to neck and shoulder. I went to gynic she told everything is normal and went to ortho he told it is muscular pain they didn't order ultrasound or scan my pain is lil bit reduced now but I am scary thinking about breast cancer Please suggest My age is 26 Thanks in advance.
Dear Sir, I am a 36 year old. Since 2 years I have been having white discharge and now I have inflammation in the vaginal area. I have taken fluconazole 150 mg weekly for 2 weeks but it returns once the medication is stopped. My mother has been diabetic since 35 years. I am not sure if I am diabetic.
Can home pregnancy test gives accurate result after 17 days of intercourse. I'm on pills and their are still three pills remaining in the pack. If I get withdrawal bleed after that will that be considered as one of the signs of not getting pregnant? I had a test today and it comes out to be negative. Today is the 17th day of my intercourse. I am not feeling any symptoms except I am a bit nauseatic and I do not have urge to eat anything from the past one day and I am too stressed out. The intercourse was protected one day after starting new pill pack and the condom has no holes in it and it did not break except same condom is used thrice in an intercourse. I had been on this pill from the previous month and I had missed second last pill of the previous month which I doubled it up on thw next day with the last pill. I took the pill free interval of 6 days. Does all this increases my chance of conceiving? I am on Novelon 21 day pill pack.
I am 57 years old. My right breast was removed because of a small lump in2006. I have no sugar or bp. Since todays slight swelling on my right shoulder nearer to neck slight reddish colour .masauged with zandubam now and observed that both sides swelled little bit and the neck seems little bit shrinked. May be body stress or sleeping. Please suggest a medicine.
Suffering with pcod from 2 years. Periods are not regular. Difficulties to conceive. Please suggest medicineWant to get pregnant.
Doctor, my baby is 5 months old, before getting pregnant my weight is 47.9kg, during pregnancy I gained 15 kg more, my baby is 3 kg when I delivered, it is an normal delivery, now I checked my weight, it is only 48kg, ayurveda doctor told me that my breast milk is thick than others, baby needs milk only 3 hrs gap, now I am taking calcium tablets daily, what should I do now for gaining weight? Please answer me.
Good morning mam from which month I want to walk and on which month I want to drink hot water. I want normal delivery can you give a suggestions mam.
I am 26 year old female. Married since 2 years but after marriage I started to have irregular periods of 40 days before that I had 28 days of regular periods. Now it has worsen coz my periods are late my 90 days hell me.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.
Is it true that milk and curd should be avoided in pcod and hormonal imbalance. Anything else that aggravates pcos or hormonal imbalance. your advice is really appreciated.
Doctor, I'm 17 years old. I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I want to terminate my pregnancy. So I took 1 mifepristone of 200 mg on 16th July at 7: 45 pm. I started to bleed on 17th July at 7: 30 pm. On 17th July at 8: 50 pm I took 4 misoprostol of 200 mcg each. I took it by placing in my cheeks for 30 min. Then after 20-25 min I vomited. I even got fever on the same day. At midnight I got a little Big clot which was usually bigger than the normal small clots. Now I'm not bleeding. My bleeding has stopped within a week. So now Wat should I do? Is my pregnancy terminated? Can I have pregnancy test on Monday? Is there any need to have an ultrasound? Please help. I can't afford going to a hospital.
A healthy libido is as important as any other function within your body. However, as much as it is a physical function, a lot of it has to do with the most important sexual organ, the brain. If you or your partner is both physically and emotionally not in the right place, your sex drive suffers. This can create physical and emotional problems in your life. Some of the tips to help increase your sex drive are mentioned as follows.
- Getting the right amount of sleep: One of the major causes of low sex drive among men and women is the lack of sleep. Between household chores as well as office work and family commitments, the first thing that gets compromised on is sleep. Low sleep results in the drop in testosterone in both men and women thus, drastically lowering sex drive. This is the hormone primarily responsible for sex drive in both men and women. Ensure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep daily to maintain a healthy sex drive.
- Think and talk sex: Mostly women and men to some extent as well tend to put talking about sex in the no go zone. This along with the mundane discussions about household life tends to lower libido as well. Ensure that you put in some sex talk to keep the spark alive as this would keep your libido levels and the physical attraction levels high.
- Overweight and obesity is toxic for your sex drive: Excess fat and being overweight is a big libido killer in both men and women. Obesity and high body fat percentage inhibits testosterone production, thus, denting your sex drive. It is very important that you try to lose a few pounds and set goals to become fit as this will work wonders for your libido.
- Meditate and relax: When you are stressed, cortisol levels in your blood are increased as the adrenaline glands go into overdrive. This is one of the most common and major sex drive killers. It is thus, very important that you practice mediation and other relaxation techniques to ensure that stress levels are down which will help in boosting libido.
- A healthy diet: This is possibly one of the most important components in your life which determines how the physical side of libido is managed. Certain foods may kill your libido such as cheese and other dairy products, fried fatty foods, carbonated sodas among others. Some of the foods that are good for your libido would be ginger, watermelon, lettuce, and eggs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Impact of drinking water in plastic bottles
We store water in all sorts of plastic bottles, jugs or containers. It can be low grade or high grade, but plastic is plastic! This is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.
Let’s see the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles:
1. Harmful substances: Apart from harmful chemicals in plastic, water when get stored in plastic bottles also produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
2. Dioxin production: Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water in plastic bottles while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
3. BPA generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems and early puberty in girls. It’s better not to store and drink water from a plastic bottle.
4. Liver cancer and reduced sperm count: Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
5. Vitamin based bottled water: Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
6. Impact on immune system: Our immune system is immensely affected when we drink water in plastic bottles. The chemicals from plastic bottles are ingested and tend to disturb our body’s immune system.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.