Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. KrishnashankarYour feedback matters!
I can't stay for long time in bed with my wife. I finish it very soon. And she said that when she started feeling the pleasure I finish it. So what will be your suggestion for taking pills.
Could you please suggest a medicine to overcome the problem in falling asleep and improving the quality of sleep during night, which may work instantly.
Dear Sir, I have itchy spot on my whole body for one year. It is increasing daily. I also have itching on scrotum. I am taking itching medicine levocetirizine (xgel) tablet 5 mg. But there is no any relief.
I am 17 years old. I have A lot of headache when I read continuously. I would like to spend a lot of time in front of screen. Give me suggestion.
I suffer from facial tick around right cheek and eyes for five years. Sometimes its embarrassing to face people. Please advice treatment.
I am 35 year old, I am not getting sleep completely whole night only 2 or 3 hours I sleep. What should I do.
Plz give me a diet chart that can be effective to reduce my weight. I cannot tolerate heat in the day. The heat effects my brain. It seems to be the heat scattered on my head. please give me remedy.
My Mom is around 45-50 years old and her pressure is very low *40 min.-60 max. Due to which she faint sometimes, rather than this she doesn't have any other health issues. Please tell me which medicine would be better for her? Or any kind of exercise or yoga?
What is the ideal diet and work out for diabetic patient who wants to avoid medicines as long as possible?
I have e coli from last 2 months even after continuous medication. My current urine culture report have 100000 colony count of bacteria. Sensitive medicines are ciproflaxin, gentamycin, cephalocin (first line of medication). Is anything serious in having colony count 100000 and what should be the course of medication.
While fruits and vegetables may not always feel appetising, most people can’t keep away from sweets and desserts. Unfortunately, by doing this, we are harming ourselves. Processed sugars that go into making these desserts and sweets have a high calorific value and negligible amount of nutrients. For this reason, sugar is also known to have empty calories.
Here are a few more reasons you should stay away from sweets and start eating a healthier diet.
- It deposits fat cells in your liver: Processed sugar has a very high level of fructose in it. Unlike glucose, fructose, is not needed by the body. When we eat fructose, the body converts it into fat and deposits it in the liver. Over tie, these fat deposits can build up and trigger liver diseases.
- It makes the body resistant to insulin: Insulin is a hormone essential for the conversion of glucose into energy. However, eating excessive amounts of processed sugar can make the body resistant to insulin. This makes the pancreas produce excessive insulin, which further leads to elevated blood sugar levels. This can also trigger conditions like type II diabetes.
- It reduces immunity: Sugar causes inflammation, which reduces the efficacy of the immune system. It also raises blood pressure and keeps white blood cells from doing their job thus putting you at a higher risk of falling sick. By reducing your good cholesterol level, sugar also increases your risk of suffering from cardio vascular conditions such as heart attacks and strokes. Sugar has even been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Sugar affects your sleep: Eating large amounts of sugar can cause stress and anxiety. It also keeps your body from relaxing and tenses the muscles. Thus, eating a sugary sack before going to bed can keep you tossing and turning and not allow you to have a good night’s sleep.
- Sugar causes weight gain: Weight loss is one of the most visible effects of cutting down sugar. By making your body resistant to insulin energy gets stored as fat instead of being used up. Sugar also makes the body resistant to leptin which is responsible for telling the brain when we’ve had enough to eat. This makes us eat more and more even though the stomach is full.
Additionally, sugar triggers the release of dopamine and is addictive. When combined these factors make a person consume more than is needed and causes conditions, such as obesity.