Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishnan
Submit a review for Dr. KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from Emilio blastoma tumor on my lower jaw.I already had a surjery 2 years back,but it again swelled. Please tell me what to do ?
Mam mere stomach mai daily pain hota aur jab urine ata thn vagina mai bhi pain hota urine krne mai pain hota aur breast k right side pr pain Kabhi Kabhi hota.
I have a cyst development in my armpits which resurfaces every 2-3 months. It is a hereditary problem in my family. Is it cancerous? Also I have cyst in my fallopian tubes. Would it affect my pregnancy and if so then what should I do to prevent it from affecting my pregnancy. Thank you.
LATEST CANCER INFORMATION
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY ... Must Read and Share
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However, prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to STARVE the cancer cells by not feeding it with foods it needs to multiply.
What cancer cells feed on:
a. Sugar is a cancer feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Note: Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's amino or sea salt.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones, and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruit help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance the growth of healthy cells.
To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water--best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines will become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor.
Anger, unforgiving and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
I had erosive antral gastritis and hpylori from 25-6-15. I used sompraz hp tabs for 14 days. Now on 24-6-16 I got multiple healing ulcers, erosions and pylori infection again. Is there any risk for cancer. My father died with stomach cancer at the age of 60. Which is the best medicine I will use and how many days.
Suffering from Prostate cancer ,grade 3, Gleason score 4+3=7, per neural invasion. Bone Scan done, report awaited. Preliminary finding positive Doctor advised orchiectomy. For hormone suppression Please confirm if this line of treatment is correct and suggest your views. Also for metastatic if chemotraphy or radio therapy is advisable Age of the patient is 77 years.
I am 21 years old female, I hav excess spots in back, chest and stomach areas. So is it a symptom for cancer? And can I know the exact symptoms for both skin and breast cancer.
Cervical cancer occurs when abnormal cells on your cervix, the lowermost part of your uterus that opens into the vagina, grow out of control. The cancer is treatable in early stages when it hasn’t spread to other parts of your body. However, at later stages, it can be fatal.
The scariest part about cervical cancer is that its symptoms are so general that they are easily missed by most women.
Having said that, the common symptoms of cervical cancer include the following:
- Vaginal bleeding in between menstrual periods, after intercourse, or after menopause
- Persistent pain in the lower abdomen or pelvic area
- Pain during intercourse
- Abnormal vaginal discourse
Causes of Cervical Cancer
Most cervical cancers are caused by a virus called human papilloma virus or HPV. This virus is spread by having unprotected sexual contact just like HIV/AIDS and genital herpes viruses.
There are many strains of the HPV and not all strains cause cervical cancer.
Diagnosis of Cervical Cancer
Since cervical cancer is spread sexually, it’s important for women to undergo Pap smear, a regular diagnostic test for early detection of this cancer. A pap smear is a cytological test in which cells from a woman’s cervix are taken and seen under a microscope. This test can identify changes in cervical cells before they become cancerous. If you observe these abnormal changes in cervical cells and treat them early, you are safe.
It’s recommended that sexually active women get a pelvic exam and a pap test every year to rule out malignancies in the cervix and nip this ‘female’ cancer in the bud.
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer have several stages, and the treatment for most stages includes:
- Surgery such as a hysterectomy may be opted for, which means removal of the entire uterus along with removal of pelvic lymph nodes. This implies you will never be able to bear children in future.
- Sometimes, both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes are also removed, if cancer has spread upwards. This may result in a premature menopause.
Treatment for cervical cancer depends on how much the cancerous cells have spread. If it’s spread, your oncologist may suggest a combination of the above treatments.
Information and knowledge about this preventable yet lethal cancer should be disseminated among women, especially young women who have not become sexually active yet. And do remember that safe sexual practices like use of condoms and regular pap tests will save you from this cancer. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!