Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. KrishnanYour feedback matters!
My age is 24. I am female. My number of spectacles is -5.50. My mensuration cycle is of 40-42 days. My teeth are also not grown properly. Upper right incisor teeth is still milk teeth. My breast are also not properly grown according to my age. Is there any deficiency in my body? Please help.
I have a benign fibroadenoma its size is 2 cm . In lifetime there is a chance to get cancer. And I have not removed the tumor, doctor told no need to remove. In lifetime I have to remove this tumor.
Do calories from hard liquor add just as much caloric energy/fat as calories from other sources? Is breast cancer inherited? Is greek yogurt healthier than regular yogurt?
I am suffering from pain in my left breast's right side. When I touch that affected area of pain only than then it's happen n clot also feel that side Suggest me something please that what to do?
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
Related Tip: "Foods That May Cause Cancer"
What is the symptoms of bones cancer. I have pain in the middle of hand bones. So please clarify my problem solution.
I am 39 and weight 87ks I have a lump measuring almost 2 CMS in length on the right side of my stomach and it's there since almost more than 10 yrs, but now it pains sometimes when it is under pressure like a pin. My wife passed Away 2 years back cause of cancer and then multiple organ failure. I am having a daughter of 7 years ad hence I M afraid of getting myself checked. What could be the same. Please advice.
My mother is a breast cancer patient. Her chemotherapy is going on. She has certain fever now. What should I do? Comment fast please.
I am diagnosed with non hodgkin lymphoma of ALK 1NEGATIVE ANAPLASTIC LARGE CELL TYPE after radical debridement of infective left gluteal wound. I was diagnosed of gluteal region abscess six months back through MRI (oct 2015) l went for the surgery but after a month puss again started coming from same healed wound than second MRI showed abscess was still there. Went for second I&D surgery, but after a week puss started coming again. Third MRI showed abscess was still there than. Than I waited for a month and took dressing from a wound specialist and took HBOT session for a week. Than again went for MRI but this time MRI showed thick irregular tissues at left gluteal abscess. Which made me to go for third surgery. And after that debridement I am diagnosed lymphoma. But pet scan is showing clear. Need to know what dp do now as I am suggestedCHEOP CHEMO. If pet scan is clear even than one has to go through chemotherapy? Pls help.
Eating tobacco 3 to 4 time in a day can cause cancer tobacco leave and churna I am eating from past 15 years and my mouth is clean no damage should I continue or stop now I am 36 years old give me advice.
Cancer indicates the growth of certain unusual cells, generally uncontrolled in nature, in any part of your body. It may also refer to a malignant tumor and it can affect any organ or any part of your body. There are many different cancers accordingly, such as lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer or blood cancer. Ayurveda offers effective measures for preventing cancer.
Read on to find more about the tips and get better prepared to fight this killer:
- According to Ayurveda, having fresh foods can help you to prevent cancer. Consuming more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits may prove to be helpful.
- Avoiding fat based foods or fried foods can be effective in preventing cancer. Strike off hydrogenated fats (such as cookies, peanut butter, crackers etc) or saturated animal fats from your diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis may be very helpful. Stretching exercises, walking, breathing exercises and aerobics are considered to be useful preventive measures for cancer.
- Meditation and yoga are also effective ways to prevent cancer. These can help you to reduce stress and remain calm.
- Drinking green tea regularly can be very useful for killing any growth of cancerous cells in your body and thus help you to prevent cancer.
- Cutting down on foods with higher quantities of sugar can help you to prevent cancer.
- Include foods replete in vitamin D and vitamin C or citrus foods as these help to combat many kinds of cancer.
- Incorporate spices like turmeric in your daily cooking regimen. The 'curcumin' present in turmeric coupled with a few other accompanying properties can help to prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body.
- Garlic, whether consumed raw or cooked, can help you to fight the killer that cancer is.