Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KrishnakantYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old, my head is full of dandruff, tried all shampoos but still can't find solution, Please help me.
I have pimples on my nose and face how to remove them. And some times the pimples pain a lot. How to get rid of that. What should I eat and include in my diet to avoid pimples?
I am 24. But from 2 years I was suffering with two major problems. One was loosing hair regularly, I used some conditioners &shampoos, but it does not give good result. Give me a solution how to stop the hair fall. Second one was, I am gradually increasing the weight I don't what is the give me the reason solution to me as early as possible.
I am 24 yrs old. My problem is Open pore on my Cheeks. Please suggest me for reduce open pores on my cheeks.
I am suffering for harmful problem. I am use to many so may oils and shampoos but there is no result. hairfall problem very high is there my hairs gone.
I am 23 year old. I have problem in body skin, my skin is to be dry in winter season, respectively solution this regarding.
I am suffering with heavy hair fall. I consulted a doctor. But still hair is falling. Can I know what are the reasons for getting hair fall.
First I have a fair face color but after 3 years of taking medicine daily due to a insect in my mind my face has become dark. How can I get a fair face colour .please help me.
Hello Dr. , stretch marks and skin damage in under arms. Mam I want to know how the damaged skin area in my under arms will get cured and how the scars will get removed from that area. Please suggest some medicines also. .
Hello I am 19 years old. My chin colour is black is compared to cheeks and forehead. It is due to razor at early agw. It from 3 4 years. Please give me suggestion that how it will be removed. Thank you.
Tinea or ringworm is basically a skin infection caused by fungus. Tinea can affect any part of the body. When the skin is affected it is tinea corporis, scalp (tinea capitis), feet (tinea pedis, this is also called as athlete's foot) and groin area (tinea curis, also known as the jock itch). This presents as several white patches on the skin.
Causes of Tinea:
Tinea or the ringworm infection is not due to worms but caused by fungi dermatophytes. The fungus remains alive in the dead tissues of nails, hair and skin. Symptoms of Tinea are red circular patches on the skin along with itching.
As per the Ayurvedic philosophy, tinea is often diagnosed as dadru. The body type or the dosha involved is kapha and vata. Kapha, which is an Ayurvedic humor symbolizes mucus. It is usually dense, sticky and cold in nature. Vata, also an ayurvedic humor represents the wind. It is dry, mobile, subtle and cold. Both kapha and vata when present in the skin lead to accumulation of toxins. These toxins further collect in the deep tissues of the skin like rakta (Blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), lasika (lymphatic) and mansa (muscles).
The toxins lead to contamination of the deeper tissues thereby leading to the aggravation of the kapha-vata dosha, thus leading to ringworm. A third dosha which is involved is pitta. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire. It is often referred to as the tridosha disease, and the prime involved doshas are kapha and vata.
Diet and Lifestyle Modification:
- Spicy and hot food, excessive sweet and sour foods should be avoided. Pickled foods, chutneys, citrus fruits like lemon and oranges, vinegar and mustard should also be avoided.
- Avoid foods made up of white flour such as bread, pastries, cakes, pizza
- Artificial and processed foods, fast foods and aerated drinks should be avoided. Excessive salt and tomatoes should be restricted.
- Since tea, coffee smoking and alcohol aggravate the pitta, these should be avoided
- Milk and milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese should be given a miss
- Foods which are sweet, blend and alkaline in nature should be added into the diet
- Fresh vegetables and fruit should be taken
- Foods like grains, rice, pasta, beans, breads, dairy products, sweet drinks and juices can be had
- In 3 cups of water boil 10 to 15 neem leaves, until half the water evaporates. Washing the tinea lesions with this water helps.
- Rubbing papaya over the lesions is very effective
- Make a paste of turmeric and milk and apply on the lesions. Wash this within half an hour of the application and repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.