Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Poongodi SelvarajYour feedback matters!
Age 37 irregular cycle put on weight by 30 kgs after 2 nd delivery, knee pain, ankle pain, burning sensation in foot. No thyroid, sugar, B. P.
I am 36 yer old man and I have pain in my vien downward the knee and it is from 2 month what should I do pls suggest me.
I am suffering with back pain finally consult a doctor he made a x ray and said my disk move a side little bit what type of thing to do for make my disk come to past position.
I have Paine in my shoulder of my left hand sense Las 4 to 5 days is it related to Hart attack or its just normal pain, I didn't understand.
My father's open heart surgery done in Jan. 2014 and now he is suffering from pain in left leg. Please advise.
I workout at gym but my muscles are not getting proper nutrition my weight is not getting increased what I have to do to increase my weight and while doing workout there is pain in my back & in neck is uses all the sprays & cream but there is no effect in pain so please tell me what I have to do to gain the weight and for body pain.
I am a woman of 36 yrs old. I have been experiencing tightness on my shoulder especially my right side. My arms feel tired easily and I can't hold a heavy objects for long like babies. They get too heavy for me after a few minutes. What will I do to strenghthen my arm and also how will I treat my shoulder to get relief from the tightness and feeling of heaviness? thank you and waiting for your reply.
Hi Doctor, I have back pain from today's morning, even when I walk it pains. Please suggest me exercise or some thing else which help me.
I am having pain in my both the leg around ankle area if both the feet. please share reason and suggestion.
Hello. I Have A Back Bone Problem From Childhood I Do not Want To Fix It By Any operations Bt I Want Fix It By Exercises And Other Activity So Please Tell Me What Should I Do For It?
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I have flat feet problem I want to avoid it as the way I walk is become very odd therefore need your help.
Whenever I wash clothes and do some extra work. Severe pain on my hand occurs. I think it's on bones. What to do?
Consult a physiotherapist if you have experienced a fall recently and the discomfort caused due to it has not subsided.