Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi my daughter is 1 and half month old. someday she is not sleeping from 8-10 hours continuously. For example today she is awake from 3: 45 pm and its 12: 40 am now but t she steel not sleeping. Please give suggestions I am so afraid about this.
My son of 50 days old is not getting sufficient Breast milk from his mother. Is there any medicine to increase Breast milk for my child or any other powder food can take. Mother is 26 year old.
My kid is of 8 yrs old we had bera test and found 100% loss of hearing impairment in left ear. Please suggest what should we do further.
My 1 year old son's right eye is red and swollen for 3 days now. Giving him tobra d and ciplox. No improvement. Please advise.?
My one year old kid is going for motions daily four times like water for three days what should I do.
Hello My 4 month old baby boy is breastfeed and bottle fed too. He is putting on good weight. Bt he passes green color stool. Do I need to worry?
Sir their is difference between mature baby and pre mature baby please tell me the difference. Is any thing missing or incomplete thing in pre mature baby?
My baby having 5-6 times potty in a day since last 15 days. He is 4 month 1 week old. Got treatment but no effective results. Help me.
Hi. My daughter is 9 months old. She has got a new teeth. So she has got loose motions. Till now she has done 3motions. Please advise any medicine. Thanks.
I suffering from fever. My fever is sometime closed for many days and start. My stomach was too much pain. When I do toilet I feel pain in penis.
My son is 2 years old and he is still not learnt to speak? he says only papa and maa. Kindly advice.
My 3 years old daughter is suffering from stomach related issues for 1.5 Months. She feels stomach ache (two or three times in a day, last for 10-30 minutes). She is also suffering from gas. She is refusing milk and all time complaining that I have gas. When we supply her meal forcefully she have it but some time he vomit with gas. Apart from it she is also suffering from cold and cough. I have consulted 3 doctors and finally she is under a pediatrician Gastroenteritis. We did following tests and results found normal. 1. Ultrasound whole abdomen 2. Urine and Stool routine 3.Urine and Stool culture Medicine she is taking rit now are: Muout Plus Jar powder- Twice in a day Rantac Syrup- 3.5 ml twice in a day Nizonide syrup- 2.5 ml twice in a day Drotin- 2.5 ml sos if pain Ambrolite syrup-2.5 ml thrice in a day Some test suggested my pedi are: 1. Xray abdomen 2. 25 Hydroxy D3 3. Serum Iga Level 4.CBS 5.TTG (IGA) I am disappointed that she was pretty good till July last week and why her condition is not improving after 1.5 months. Am I missing anything or doing something wrong. Please advise. I can send her all history if required.
My son is 3 yrs. He has lactose intolerance. So we give him nusobee. He has bad digestion. Since birth. Early he never gets fever. 2 times in a year. But always stomach upset problem. Nw from feb he gets fever every month like on 16 feb then 16 march reason was urine infection. Then 16 april after that he gets fever on 4 thjune almost after 1 and half months later. He has cold. He complaints of legs pain in night. For this I started giving him ayurvedic medical after prescription medicine name is pedent for vitamins. Nw he do not say legs are pain. I notice that when ever he has fever there is black pin dot comes in his eye. I did his culture urine test. That was normal. So I want to ask is it common that child get fever in 1 and half months. Or something else.
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).