Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KishorYour feedback matters!
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
My son is 15 months old. For the last one week he has developed a habit of getting irritated at anything for most of the times in a day and he keeps screeching. Also, he has started avoiding eatables and is not at all interested in taking food by any means. Is it normal in this period of infancy or he needs some kind of extra efforts from us. Please advise. Thanks,
My 6 months old breastfed daughter passing green runny stool 5-6 times a day for the last few days. We have recently started her on solid such as iron fortified cerelac and mashed bananas etc. She does not have fever, no sign of sickness, feeding well and perfectly normal. Still is there something to be worried about. Please advise.
My baby suffering from vomiting after every feed milk. She is 6 month old Dr. give ondem for 5 days but she is continues vomiting she is very weak please suggest.
My son is suffering from urine infection. Doctor says his right kidney size is small due to infection and they suggest a MCS test to check the urine flow below or above, then please tell me a right way. Thanks.
If breast milk not come after two or three day of birth we can give any other milk like cow, buffellow or goat to child?
I have too much acidity and gas problem . I have problem of back pain and stomach pain. My brain is not feeling relax I have no any tension. But I feel upset . My whole body was totally tired without any work . I have problem of breathing. Tell me what can I do.
My 4 years old son has viral 3rd day, has passed lose motions twice and has complained stomach pain. Wht med can I give him. He's on crocin ds & meftal p alternately.
My baby is two and half years old. I am using ceruklin in his ear to remove the waste. But not succeeded. It is increasing. He removes my hand when I try with johnson bud during sleeping. please suggest what should I try to solve this issue.
I am a 32 year old mother. I have a daughter 8 month old. I was not having enough milk to feed my baby therefore in the beginning alternately started formula milk and from 5th month mid also started alternative food such as dal & rice water, fruit juice boiled and strained and feed through bottle. Know she is also on semi fluid food. I was also breast feeding upto 6 months. But then since i started working she is like almost 8-10 hour on the above food. I want to breast feed her,but she does not take it more than 5-7 mintues. Since the flow is comparatively very low as in before. How do I Improvise flow, may please guide.
Symptoms of GH deficiency in children include the following:
Low growth velocity (speed) for age and pubertal stage
Increased amount of fat around the waist
The child may look younger than other children his or her age
Delayed tooth development
Delayed onset of puberty
Symptoms of GH deficiency in adults include the following:
Decreased strength and exercise tolerance
Decreased muscle mass
Weight gain, especially around the waist
Feelings of anxiety, depression, or sadness causing a change in social behavior
Thin and dry skin
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Sir, My son is suffering from fever. Blood test carried out TLC. 17000. Age three year six month. Fever 103. Please advice.
My son is 1 year old. He has cough problem. He regularly vomits after food feeding. Always Sticky cough comes out thru omit. Sometime has running nose problem can I try for Homeopathic medicines for this?
Bacho ko masquto net ghar mai use karsaktai hai per baher odomas lagana padhta hai creme lagane se skin damge hoti hai KyA doctor.
Home remedies for teeth whitening
Strawberries consumed once a day in a week or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
Baking soda use is a reliable natural method for years to whiten teeth. Add baking soda with some salt water, see paste makes a tried &amp; proven whitening toothpaste. (note: ada recommends to have teeth checked by the dentist before undergoing any whitening methods)
Dr Puja Bansal
Prudent international health clinic http://prudentinternationalhealthclinic.com