Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. KirubhakaranYour feedback matters!
From couple of years I got insomniac tendency and I am a late raiser too. As a late raiser it affects my daily life. Its only because of my insomnia, that I could not raise in the morning. What should I do?
I am a 42 year old male and cannot sleep properly due to obstructive sleep apnea also I am overweight. Please tell me what to do?
What should I do to have a good and pleasant sex. Next I'm age of 45 and my wife is of 43 I enjoy sex much but she being tired of whole day work doesn't agree to do sex . What can be the best suggestion as well as please guide me how to make my wife agree for sex. One more thing is doing sex gives relieve from certain disease like migraine headache or constipation . Kindly advice.
Do you have any cure for diabetic neuropathy spread into back bone to right foot? giving tingling pain and heaviness in foot -walking is painful right foot.
I am a diabetic since last 15 years. Diabetes in my family history. Now my uncontrolled diabetes type-2 is becoming chronic for me. Experiencing numbness in my legs. Muscle cramps, vision blurring and sliding memory. My age is 50 years and slightly obese in nature, height 5'-9' and weight approximately 96 kilograms. I use the following medicines: gluconorm g3 forte + evion 40mg + atenenol 40mg. I am becoming a patient nowadays, unable to do any hard work and any other writing work. Lazy in medication, or visiting doctor and doing exercises. I need clear cut doctors advice to make my life healthier and control the diabetes.
My father gone laminectomy 2 months ago. He also having depression due to his neuro illness. His full leg jerk sometimes in a week or some times after 2 days. When he give attention to movement of leg, that movement increases. And if I make his mind divert from it, like in serious talking, that movement decreases or gradually stops. Like this somewhere connected to mind. I don't know what it is. But it irritates dad. Please help, which doctor to see, neuro or psychiatrist. What it can be?
My wife has migraine headache and causing dizziness. Being taken medicines for the past 4 months. Still no positive result. Can you pl advice for any exercise?
Hi My daughter got seizure from 2000 after medication she was alright for 1 year now suddenly she starts speaking something unrelevent and gets giddiness what is her problem. She is 17 years old.
Sir I wanted to know what are the symptoms of moto neuro disease. What are the treatment available for it.
I have a problem of tremor sometimes rigidity so I am thinking I am having problem slurred speech also so I am thinking I am having problem of cerebrovascular accidents so please tell me what I have to do about this.
I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES; NOREPLYHOMEO MEDICINE REQUIRED FOR INSOMNIA TOSLEEP SOUNDLY FOR 6-8 HOURScmkr27@yahoo. Com.
Sir, My father is suffering from paralytic disorder. He is recovering now but not able to take diet nicely .diabetes and BP is fully controlled. Constipation and insomnia is major problem now a days. Please look after the matter.
I am 65 years old I am suffering from varicose veins in left foot also neuropathy for that I taken pregab75 one daily night, still i am suffering burning sensation in both feet i am not diabetic only having bp for that I am taking lose-h & ecosprin gold 20 in morning for burning sensation what treatment I should take?
I an 23 year boy. My hand is vibrating I can't keep it stable when I am working. I can't understand what is the problem. Can you suggest me how to get out from this.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening