Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. KirubakaranYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I want ask you about jaundice. What is the symptoms of jaundice? Is jaundice affect chest? Thank you.
Hi Team, I have the issue on my private part, as it suppose to be thick and long. However its not. Please guide me what to do.
I am 29 years old, facing issue with my sex life due to 4 inch penis. Usually feels embarrassed during sex. Scared of taking pills for penis enlargement as I don't want to invite problems in life.
Hi I'm a male or boys I am have confused wat to drink in the morning and evening like wat to drink should I drink milk, coffee, tea, or black coffee or black tea or green tea? Which one should I drink? Wat should I drink everyday among all this? Wat should I drink in the morning and in the evening and in the night please tel me which one? Should I drink daily? please tel me plz.
Recently I came to know that my blood sugar is fasting 130 and after food 180. Please let me know am I diabetic? If yes what are the precautions I have to take and let me know the normal range.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hi doctor my son is 18 years very weak lean from the birth he suffering with worms and amebiasis he is anemic and poor digestion, cold, weak resistance so please suggest good ayurvedic medicine to strengthen him.
2 days agi I had spicy food next 2 morning I had problem during excretion, I think I gave piles, but there was no blood only burning that too severe burning. Can you please help.
What is the prefect time to drink green tea and black tea. And how it is beneficial. And what are the advantages of drinking it?
Sir I am feeling gas problem I think .what ever I eat just its coming back in to mouth after eating .like water nd some food please help me from this problem.
How to control uric acid fast in women. My wife have high uric acid & he get swelling on body please suggest me what I can do.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"