Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
My Son is 4 years 11 months old and he keeps falling sick very frequently. Right now he is suffering from a throat infection and getting temperature occasionally. Please suggest to boost his immune system and also the treatment for his current situation.
just recently notice that I have dryness problem and itching too on my scalp and my ears. It seems like a fungus so is there any remedy for that?
I am suffering from acute throat pain last few days sometimes its combined with ear pain I smoke since 15 years but last 3 years have reduced to 2 or 3 a day I took Althrocin 500mg for 3 days it was ok but again on irregular intervals I am getting pain.
I was suffering from chikungunya. Now I am recovering. But I have too much mouth ulcers and sore throat. I've so much pain in mouth. Can I take Levofloxacin 500/ Azithromycin 500 for that? Does it have any severe side effects? Please explain. Thank you.
Mai kunch Bhi khata hoo to mere gale main fasta hai aur bahot slowly gale she neeche zata hair please kuch upai batai.
Hi. I have DNS problem. Doctor says if it is creating problem then it must operate otherwise its ok. I will face problem in weather changes only. But nw I am feeling problem in breathing as well as I have slightly pain in my right chest side or might be in lungs. Please suggest.
I am suffering from severe neurosis after angioplasty . I am not able to walk properly. I tend to lean forward and grow weak on my legs also dizziness and dementia.
I have a blocked left ear since the past 2 days, it was hurting some initially now its not. Dont have cold, seems like something minor but i cant put my finger on it , please guide?
Hi. I hv blemishes on my chicks nd nose and my skin become very dull and blackish. . Please advise what remedy should I take to avoid these skin problems. .
I am suffering from acne for last two year, it mostly happens near either side of nose. It becomes bit painful when turns red.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"