Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kiruba MohanYour feedback matters!
Dark circles from past 8-10 years. They r vry huge & dark. Makes me look dull. I wanna get rid of them vry badly. please help me.
I am 26 years old. My problem is I am suffering from hair fall since last 1 an half year. I consult many doctors for that but no effect on my hair and loss of dandruff is there in my head. Please give me some very useful and work fast.
I have suffering from rashes under thies before 4 months also more sweat comes form this place and skin damaged out when be etching here from this place place.
Hello sir, my problem is mere hole body per black spot hogay hey or face bhi mere bahut kala ho gaya hey jesy ki mera face ko sunburn hogaya hu please give me a solution.
I am 35 years old female. I have periods problem. My periods comes 2-3 months gap. My last period's date was 5 april 2016. My periods not come till today. I have unwanted hairs on my face also. Please advice what I do? I do pregnancy test two days before. Result is negative. Asha, Delhi.
Apply a sunscreen every morning and afternoon.
Avoid any scrubs and loofah to wash the face
Consult the Dermatologist for a good anti ageing regimen
Today morning immediately after waking up I noticed a small round swelling on the side of my neck. There was no swelling till yesterday. There is no pain. When I touch I can feel firm round swelling attached to underlying tissue. I am 22 years old female. Few months back I have undergone body checkup and all results were normal. Is this swelling something to worry about. By evening I can feel swelling on the other side of neck as well and behind the ear and beside the ear opening. All are similar swelling.
I am loosing my hair and using every shampoo but no effect please suggest a good shampoo or other remedies on hairfall.
My vagina and thighs so dark. What can I do. Give me some tablet or cream. Tell me hair removal idea.. Because hair removal cream and shave is bad for vagina. Thak you.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.