Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Kirthikadevi.J

Gynaecologist, Chennai

Dr. Kirthikadevi.J Gynaecologist, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Kirthikadevi.J
Dr. Kirthikadevi.J is a popular Gynaecologist in Ashok Nagar, Chennai. Doctor is currently practising at Pallava Hospital in Ashok Nagar, Chennai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Kirthikadevi.J on has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Pallava Hospital

#19 A, 1ST Avenue, Ashok Nagar. Landmark: Opp To Karaikudi Restaurant, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Kirthikadevi.J

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Hello Dr. mai maa banne Ki kai bar koshish kar chuki hun but samarth nahi ho pa rahi hun please help me.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
To get pregnant you need to have fallopian tubes patent which is checked by hsg test as you had one miscarriage before. Once the above test is normal, then treatment with clomiphene citrate is started with monitoring of egg.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am not getting pregnant. Got Married 30/12/14. No health issues with me & my family. My Periods are regular.

MBBS (Gold Medalist, Hons), MS (Obst and Gynae- Gold Medalist), DNB (Obst and Gynae), Fellow- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (ACOG, USA), FIAOG
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
Both husband and wife should go to doctor to diagnose the cause of this problem and get that problems treated to have pregnancy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 32 years old having hypothyroidism. Having 4 years old kid. Now we are planning for another baby. Recently DNC had done for me because of no heart beat. Present my TSH value is 5.using 75 mcg. How much dosage should I take now to decrease TSH value. Give me tips for getting healthy pregnancy next time. Height 5" weight 68 kgs.

MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology
Endocrinologist, Hubli-Dharwad
Archanaji, Thanks for the query. If one is on treatment for hypothyroidism and if the thyroxine dose is adequate, then TSH should be maintained between 3 to 4 mU/L to be free from any symptoms in a non pregnant woman. However, if conception is desired then TSH should be maintained <2 mU/L. Later during first trimester it should be 0.1 to 2.5 mU/L, 2nd trimester :0.3 to 3 U/L & 3rd trimester 0.3 to 3.1 mU/L. So present dose has to be increased by 25 mcg per day. Then check TSH after 6 weeks to see if desired level is reached. Thanks.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Pain During Menstruation

MD - Alternate Medicine, DNHE, BHMS
Homeopath, Ahmedabad
Pain During Menstruation

Painful menstruation or menstrual cramp is termed as Dysmenorrhoea and refers to the discomfort or pain associated with menstruation. In 80% cases, cramps are an integral part of the preliminary dysmenorrhoea syndrome. Though this symptom is not deemed as a very serious clinical problem, the pain and its associated symptoms are acute enough to keep an affected woman from normal functioning for the first one or two days. These symptoms may take over one or two days prior to menses, reach their pinnacle on the first day and subside slowly with the passage of time. The pain can be typically depicted as being ached, cramping of the stomach and often reaching to the lower back portion.

There is probably no woman across the world, who has not undergone the painful menstrual cramps. But don't fret! Homeopathy treatment has a range of remedies to relieve you off this unease.

  1. Cimicifuga: Normally menstruation cramps indicate a pain that flows across the pelvic region from one side to the other. This remedy will particularly be helpful in neuralgic and rheumatic cases as well as congestive cases where it works effectively with Veratrum Viride and Belladonna. It is also very efficient in combating headaches preceding menses, acute pains across abdomen, labor like pains and scanty flow.
  2. Caulophyllum: This remedy is great for treating spasms and pain that flow downwards. The spasmodic periodic pains that need to be treated with Caulophyllum are mostly concentrated around the groin and radiate to other surrounding parts. Gelsemium can also be taken for treating neuralgic as well as congestive dysmenorrhoea when the pain bears down. The pains are often labor-like and spasmodic with flow of pale urine. In order to get faster relief, it can be taken along with hot bag press.
  3. Belladonna: If you are afflicted with the congestive forms of menstrual cramps, then you may take Belladonna. In most cases, a pain and discomfort is felt prior to the flow and a feeling of something heavy around the vulva can be relieved if you sit up straight. This pain occurs and subsides all of a sudden making the flow clotted and restricted. This kind of dysmenorrhoea is extremely painful and makes the genital dry. In case the pain gets severe and cuts through the pelvis, then Veratrum viride can also be administered.
  4. Zanthoxylum: This remedy is very effective in fighting dysmenorrhoea and uterine spasms. It is very effective when the pain is burning, agonising and extending down through the thighs making the limbs paralysed and numb. You can take this measure when the pain is affecting your ovaries as this medicine works closely for neuralgic form of menstrual cramps. Women with delicate nervous temperament can also take this remedy as it relieves from headache and eye pain caused from Menstruation.

Homeopathy has a huge range of medicines and it becomes difficult for a commoner to select an ideal one. Therefore, when you are deeply affected with menstrual cramps, you can always consult an expert before administering any medicine.

4052 people found this helpful

Hello. I am 24 year old female. I often feel pain during intercourse. And vaiginal warts and bit swelling in vulva. I also experience abdominal pain and pelvic pain during my periods. Irregular periods last only for 3 days. Light bleeding. Sometimes yellow discharge too. What should I do?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Vadodara
Dear patient, first visit your nearby gynecologist and get confirmed diagnosis, provisional diagnosis are many like, it may be fungal infection, condylomata accuminata, pelvis inflammatory disease, some other infection of growth on your uterus or cervix, etc. For irregular periods, it may be ovarian cyst or just hormonal disturbances. Also get your husband checked simultaneously as certain infections are communicable, as certain sexually transmitted diseases can only be cured if both partners are treated simultaneously. You can take him to md (dermatology and venereal diseases)
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife aged 39 years having fibroids in uterus. Doctor is advising for surgery. Please guide us.

MBBS,MD(medicine), PGDS(sexology), Fellowship in sexual medicines
Sexologist, Jaipur
hellow, yes if fibroid is big in size and symptoms increases to patients,then yeas only surgery is the best option.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm two months pregnant. Now I will be aborted if any problem in the future? What the future will be any problem in holding the womb?

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, If you intend to plan in future then abortion is not suggested and advise would be to continue with the pregnancy.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My daughter is 8 year 5 month old. White discharge from vagina. What is problem. How can solve it. Please help me.

MBBS- 1996 & MD - (OBG)/DVD/DPM/Dip.Andrology.
Gynaecologist, Hyderabad
Hello please if its first time means no tension, other wise urgently consult a nearest good gynecologist. The women organs r very smooth and very sensitive.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Ways to Avoid STDs

Fellow,European Committee of Sexual Medicine, Diploma in Psychological Medicine, M.B.,B.S
Sexologist, Jaipur
Ways to Avoid STDs

A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:

  1. Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
  2. Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
  3. Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
  4. Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
  5. Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes. You can also take the package for Having Safe Sex.

Coping and Support

It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.

3519 people found this helpful

I am having hormonal imbalance I think as I am getting pimples, headache, irritations. May be due to post delivery. My baby is now 1 n half years old. Suggest me something which I should go for.

Yoga & Naturopathy Specialist, Delhi
Do kapalbhathi. Reduce weight to 60 kgs. Eat lots of fruits and salads. Donot eat any fried foods or junk foods. Do not eat sharp Masalas. Ensure that you have two clear motions every day.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old. I wanna know what is the symptoms of pregnant. .Please let me know.

DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology), PGDHHM, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Delhi
symptoms of pregnancy are Tender, swollen breasts,early in pregnancy hormonal changes might make your breasts tender, sensitive or sore,nausea with or without vomiting,increased urination,fatigue,food aversions or cravings.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am facing cavity problem since 2 days. (Small tiny hole at left inner upper teeth) Can anyone suggest best solution? Is anything serious or filling gives solution? I am abort to consult doctor!

Dentist, Navi Mumbai
Go to dentist and if cavity due to caries then excavate caries and fill it with composite filling material.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi its been 2 days passed from periods date but no sign of period till now, m feeling pain in my lower abdomen, also feeling weakness in my body.

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility (IVF Specialist)
Gynaecologist, Aurangabad
Hi lybrate-user, you might get a period in 2-3 days. If it don't come then get urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to have sex with my girlfriend without using condom she is 19, I'm 22 but I don't want to pregnant her, which is the best way to make this out, after sex what the steps she has to take and at what time or duration,(pills or something) please explain me everything in detail, I need help.

D.E.H.M, B.E.M.S, M.D.(E.H)
Sexologist, Faridabad
PARTNER MAY TAKE CONTRACEPTIVE PILL. OR SEX MAY BE HAD SUCH A TIME WHEN PREGNANCY CHANCES ARE BECOME NIL. The time of ovulation for every woman is different. It is commonly offered that ovulation occurs around the 2 week mark after the end of a woman’s last menstrual cycle but it can happen on many different days. The more accurate way to calculate ovulation on a calendar would be between the 12th and 16th day before your next menstrual cycle is set to begin. These calculations are based upon a woman who experiences regular menstrual cycles between 28 and 32 days apart.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My menstrual cycle is not regular after marriage its being late 2 month late or more than 2 month late what to do is it normal.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Your bmi is 27.4, which is too high for your age and height. It should be less than 25. Your target weight is 63 kg. As you are overweight and irregular menses and delayed by minimum 2 months, you are likely to be suffering from pcod, which can be diagnosed by ultrasound and blood tests, fsh and lh. Pcod main treatment is weight reduction, once your weight is normalized, menses will fall in place automatically.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have an ovary cyst in right side 4.5*3.6 Age is 24 year. In 2 year before I have an open surgery for ectopic in right side. My marriage passed 3 year. I don't have any baby. I don't want to surgery. please give me advice. I do homeopathic treatment and doctor tell me in 3 months you will all right.

Gynaecologist, Delhi
Do tube test that is HSG before planning pregnancy to see for status of other tube. With one tube you can conceive naturally. Plan pregnancy when the egg is forming on left side. Egg formation. An be checked using follicular monitoring in cycle from day 9.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed