Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kirthikadevi.J
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kirthikadevi.JYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam me and my girlfriend had anal sex 20 days back, and I had not ejaculated inside her. After that she had her periods on normal tym and very normal. But few days back she had lil brown spottin with something white from her vagina. Is this sign of pregnancy or what. We do not want pregnancy. Please help.
My wife is 19 yrs old, she had her periods 10 days back, got stopped after 7 days, but today again she has got periods. Worried that i had an unprotected sex while she was on periods, since then even i' m going through back to back illness since then still got an sore throat badly with fever. Eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanking you.
It's anything but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. And if you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy at whatever time a period is late, it may be the case that — or one of the numerous different conceivable outcomes. Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- PREGNANCY: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think- you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- STRESS: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and nonessential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that causes the body to produce more of the male hormone, androgen. Cysts form on the ovaries as a result of this hormone imbalance. This can make ovulation irregular or stop it altogether. Other hormones, such as insulin, can also get out of balance, due to insulin resistance, which is associated with PCOS. Treatment of PCOS focuses on relieving symptoms. Your doctor may prescribe birth control or other medication to help regulate your cycle.
- EXCESSIVE EXERCISE: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- ILLNESS: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- WEIGHT: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over-production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had sex and after that my period came on its date last month. But this month I missed my period. Am I pregnant? Or any chance of pregnancy? After that I had not sex.
While some people look forward to spring and the beautiful flowers that bloom, for others this is a time of extreme discomfort triggered by pollen allergies. Pollen is probably one of the most difficult allergies to fight as it is invisible and is literally present everywhere. Sneezing, coughing, a runny nose, congestion and watery eyes are the most common symptoms of a pollen allergy. However, you can minimise your troubles by following a few simple steps.
- Keep an eye on the pollen count: Not every day has the same amount of pollen in the air. Pollen density is also affected by the time of the day. Pollen count refers to the amount of pollen present in the air during a specific time period. You can find out the pollen count of your area online or through a number of apps. Once you know the pollen count. You can plan your day accordingly and step out or stay in.
- Plan your time spent outdoors wisely: It isn’t always possible to stay indoors even if you know the pollen count is high. However, you can still plan your time so as to not be outdoors at peak pollen times. 5am to 9am are the worst times to step out as this is when most plants pollinate. Hence avoid stepping out during this time. Windy days can also worsen the situation by spreading pollen around. If you must go for a jog early morning, avoid thoroughfares and gardens and instead pick a route around residential streets.
- Protect yourself: Face masks may not look very good but can help reduce the amount of pollen being inhaled. If you find yourself sneezing a lot during pollen season, consider investing in a painter’s mask that can filter the air being inhaled and exhaled. If you are stepping out to do yard work or know that you’re going to spend a lot of time in heavy traffic areas, take your antiallergenic medication before you step out instead of waiting for an allergic reaction to begin.
- Have plenty of showers: Try making it a habit to have a shower and changing your clothes as soon as you come home. This prevents the outdoor pollen from circulating in your home. Follow this routine even if you’ve simply been gardening outdoors. While showering, do not forget your hair. If you do not want to shampoo it every day, simply rinse it out to get rid of all the pollen.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, my menses held on 3rd April and we had sex in morning of 12 April. I have taken i-pill in evening of 13 April. Though I missed my period in May. Later when checked on 7 may with pregnancy kit. It showed positive. I just wanted to know what precaution we would have taken to avoid pregnancy. Why I got pregnant though have taken i-pill. Which time we can have open sex to avoid pregnancy.
Hello sir, my last period date was 20th sept, I had intercourse on 26 th sept. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Because I didn't get period till now (24 oct). I tested 3 times using kit including today. It gave negative result. Should I use mifegest kit? If so please tell me the procedure.
I've been getting blisters and lot of itching on my genitals. I used to get does during my cycle and would disappear later. But lately it has been there for a while. Can you suggest something.
संधिवात में शरीर के किसी संधि जोड में शोध
की उत्पत्ति होती है। धीरे-धीरे शोथ
विकसित होता है और तीव्र शूल (दर्द) होने
लगता है। शोथ के कारण त्वचा लाल हो जाती
है। संधि शोथ को स्पर्श करने में भी पीड़ा
होती है। रात को अधिक पीड़ा होने से रोगी
की नींद नष्ट हो जाती हैं।
संधि शोथ और शूल के कारण रोगी चलने-फिरने में
असमर्थ हो जाता है। उठकर खड़े होने में भी तीव्र
शूल होता है। संधिवात के कारण रोगी को ज्वर
भी हो जाता है। संधिवात के उग्र रूप धारण करने
पर रोगी की भूख नष्ट हो जाती है।
* लहसुन की एक-दो कली प्रतिदिन हल्के गर्म जल
के साथ सेवन करें।
* गर्म जल व दूध में मधु मिलाकर पीने से बहुत लाभ
* लहसुन की कलियों को सरसों के तेल में देर तक
उबालकर जलाएं, फिर उस तेल को छानकर संधि
शोथ के अंगों पर मालिश करें।
* मेथी का चूर्ण बनाकर प्रतिदिन 3 ग्राम चूर्ण
हल्के गर्म जल के साथ सेवन करने से संधिवात का
शूल कम होता है।
* संधिवात का रोगी कोष्ठबद्धता होने पर एरंड
का तेल 7-8 ग्राम की मात्रा में उबाले हुए दूध में
* अदरक के 5 ग्राम रस में मधु मिलाकर सेवन करने से
संधि शूल नष्ट होता है।
* महा नारायण तेल की संधि शोथ पर मालिश
* चुकंदर का सेवन करने से संधि शूल नष्ट होता है।
* प्याज के रस को सरसों के तेल में मिलाकर
हल्का-सा गर्म करके संधि शोथ पर मलने से बहुत
लाभ होता है।
* आलू की सब्जी खाने से शूल कम होता है।
* कुलथी को जल में उबालकर क्वाथ बनाएं। क्वाथ
को छानकर उसमें सोंठ का चूर्ण और सेंधा नमक
* अजवायन का 3 ग्राम चूर्ण थोड़ा-सा सेंधा
नमक मिलाकर हल्के गर्म जल के साथ सेवन करें।
क्या न खाएं?
* संधिवात के रोगी शीतल खाद्य और शीतल
पेयों का सेवन न करें।
* सब्जियों में गाजर, मूली, टमाटर, अरबी,
कचालू, फूलगोभी, भिंडी न खाएं।
* दही और तक्र (मट्ठे) का सेवन न करें।
* चावल व उड़द की दाल का सेवन न करें।
* घी, तेल, मक्खन से बने पकवान न खाएं।
* उष्ण मिर्च-
मसालों से बनी तली हुई चीजों का सेवन ना
* नंगे पाव फर्श पर न घूमें।
* भीगे वस्त्रों में देर तक न रहें।