Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kini
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KiniYour feedback matters!
Gestational diabetes is a kind of diabetes that happens during pregnancy. Diabetes is referred to a condition where your blood glucose or blood sugar is very high. Although, glucose is good as it used by your body for energy, but excessive glucose in your blood can be harmful for both you and your child. Gestational diabetes is mostly diagnosed in the later stages of pregnancy. If gestational diabetes is diagnosed in the early stages of pregnancy, then it is quite possible that you may have had diabetes before you became pregnant. Treating gestational diabetes can help both you and your baby stay fit and healthy. You can protect both, yourself and your baby by controlling your blood glucose levels.
Here are 7 things that you need to know about Gestational diabetes:
- Every three to eight out of 100 ladies tend to develop diabetes during pregnancy, a condition known as gestational diabetes. Fortunately, it can be dealt with and even kept away by maintaining healthy lifestyle choices. Eating leafy foods and avoiding sugar-rich things, is a vital step for both control and counteractive action. Exercise, after consulting your doctor can guarantee that you have a healthy pregnancy.
- In diabetes, when your body's glucose or sugar levels get so high that the carbohydrates and sugars cannot be converted into energy, the excess starts accumulating in your body. This additional glucose can harm the vessels in your kidneys and all through your body, particularly in organs like eyes.
- Two or three factors might cause danger for creating gestational diabetes, both inside and outside of your control. If you are overweight before you get pregnant or while you are pregnant or your family history shows that you are hereditarily inclined to the sickness, you will probably build up the condition.
- One will have to stay on the right path as far as medication and insulin goes. Your specialist may prescribe that you require diabetic pills or insulin to help you control your glucose levels.
- Your weight can bring about complexities during the delivery in case of gestational diabetes. So it is best to keep your weight in check in order to have a smooth sailing pregnancy and delivery.
- Gestational diabetes can likewise put ladies at risk of contracting preeclampsia, which can bring about a number of side effects and complexities. Side effects brought on may start from swollen feet, legs, fingers, and hands to hypertension and even seizures or strokes.
- Apart from the risks of having gestational diabetes during your pregnancy, it might affect the child later on. Your baby may have a higher danger of obesity as it develops, both in the teenage years and youth. Youngsters who are overweight may suffer from type 2 diabetes in the long run.
Having contact with vaginal fluids after re-insert after ejaculation could you be diagnosed with hiv.
Hi, What is the treatment of itching in private part of girl. The problem started after the marriage.Please suggest for that.
I have delivered a baby 6 months before on aug 9,2017. I got my first periods after 5 months on 28th dec, 2017 but still it has been more than a month I haven't got my 2nd periods. There has been no intercourse till now. Please guide me what to do.
Sir mere vagina se white white girta h kamar me dard bhi rahta hai aksar aur bht kamjori mahsus Krti hu. Aur sex ke bare me sochne par ye bhut jyada girna start ho jata hai .please iska koi upay btaye help me plz.
I am 5 mnth pregnant I am still having pain at left side of my abdomen Dr. use to give me progesterone orally bt no effect wht it may be the cause.
Generally performed as an emergency surgery, an appendicectomy is performed to remove an infected or inflamed appendix. The most common question asked before such a procedure is whether removal of the appendix will cause problems in future. However, this tiny tube-like structure which is attached to the large intestine and is said to help you recover from diarrhoea or inflammations of the small or large intestines; its removal will not change how you recover from such infections either.
- Conventional surgery: A conventional surgery generally requires the surgeon to make a small incision in the lower right side of your abdomen and remove the infected appendix. Such a procedure also allows the surgeon to clean abdominal cavity in case the appendix has ruptured. This method of surgery is also chosen when the patient has had abdominal surgery in the past.
- Laparoscopic surgery: This is a much more modern method to surgically remove an infected appendix. The surgeon makes a small incision just enough to fit a small tube called a cannula. The abdominal cavity is filled with carbon-dioxide and a laparoscope is guided through to see the area clearly. The surgeon then proceeds to tie up the appendix and remove it completely. The incisions on the body are closed, cleaned and dressed.
Reasons why a laparoscopic procedure is better for you:
- The biggest advantage is cosmetic as there is a far smaller incision in laparoscopic procedures as compared to the conventional surgery where the incision is sealed with stitches and the scar may be permanent.
- In fact, some very good and experienced laparoscopic surgeons are able to hide even these small incisions behind the pubic hairline make it almost invisible to the naked eye.
- Thanks to technology, the size of the instruments and the cameras used are getting better with time. It is the use of such small instruments that allows you to have an almost painless and scarless recovery.
- Another major advantage in undertaking such a procedure is fewer post-operative complications that are seen in such surgeries. Generally, in the traditional surgery, patients are kept under observation due to redness around the incision, a high-grade fever, stomach cramps, vomiting, chills or any other symptoms. These complications or symptoms can be greatly avoided with the laparoscopic procedure.
- Most people would always prefer a shorter hospitalization and it is possible with the laparoscopic procedure as the recovery is quicker and you can get back to work within a few days.
Considering the fact that such a surgery is typically performed in an emergency and a laparoscopic surgery offers a much better chance of quick and easy recovery, this is the best option for an appendicectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!