Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Khushali Manikandan
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Khushali ManikandanYour feedback matters!
While small amounts of alcohol do not have any effect on your sexual health, moderate amounts of drinking are known to cause problems in both men and women.
Let's take a look at the effect alcohol may have on your body and sex life:
1. It acts as a depressant - Acting as a depressant (a drug that reduces stimulation or arousal in various parts of the brain), alcohol inhibits certain areas of the central nervous system that are important for orgasm and arousal, more specifically - the circulation, respiration, and feeling of nerve endings.
2. It dehydrates your body - Sexual arousal requires an adequate supply of oxygen and flow of blood to the private areas so as enable you to experience the different sensations that accompany a sexual act. Adequate blood flow in the case of women is important for lubrication and in the case of men for developing and sustaining an erection. Less fluid in the body and a depressed nervous system can affect your sexual performance.
3. It's not an aphrodisiac if you go overboard - Several studies show that alcohol can help certain people to overcome feelings of deficiency or sexual reserve. This can only happen if you limit your consumption to only 1-2 drinks. If you go overboard, the depressant action of the drink begins to take effect preventing your body's ability to react sexually.
4. It causes fewer erections - Drinking large amounts of alcohol or even long-term drinking can cause erection problems to develop. Erectile dysfunction is said to occur when too much drinking causes dehydration leading to a decrease in blood volume and an increase in the angiotensin hormone, which is associated with ED. The likelihood of this occurring gets further increased if the body's central nervous system is unable to act in a natural way.
5. It leads to delayed ejaculation and orgasm - A 2004 study reveals that about 11% of alcohol users face difficulty in having an orgasm. While the men faced difficulty in ejaculating, women participants required more stimulation to reach an orgasm, compared to men and women who did not drink or drank little.
6. It causes vaginal dryness - The dehydrating effect that normally occurs if you drink a lot can also cause vaginal dryness. It causes a decrease in your sensations and hampers the production of vaginal secretions for sexual penetration, leading to painful sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I lost my love, I always thinks about her I am feeling very depressed every time mind diverted, please help me!
I am 19 years boy have a little speaking problem. I can't speaks words like three, tree clearly also Hindi word like "त्र" can't speak clearly and like that there are many more words. People also make fun of my voice when they cannot understand what I am speaking. Also my 2 upper front teeth are outwards and my voice is a bit Raucous. Please help with any remedy so that I can speak clearly.
I'm 24 years young guy, now a days I'm getting more angry for a simple matter also. I'm fed up with this character. How can I control my anger. Tel some healthy tips.
I am very sensitive and very thinking person every aspect affect my life even it is very little. Wht should I do to change my behavior please tell me.
I'm 30 years of age. I have been noticing that I forget things very easily now a days. It's bit difficult to grasp new knowledge. Is it memory issue or something else? I am quick learner person. Please suggest some remedy for this problem.
I have lost my gf few days ago. She was so close to me. I am not treating well now. I am feeling hopeless, depressed, annoyed. I am losing my mental stability.
I feel very tired when I work in the office and I become very frastet so sir I am unable to work and in frustrations I fight whit my frnd.
We all realize that a person's well-being is a mix of physical and emotional health. It is never possible that a person suffering from major anxiety, depression, attention disorder, sleep disorders, stress, or mental trauma can have a perfectly normal physical health. The Bach Flower remedies are one of the well-proven methods of healing one's emotional imbalances, helping mankind achieve happiness and joy.
Dr. Edward Bach discovered the benefits that flowering trees and plants can have on healing one's emotional problems. These became extremely popular in the 1930s and help a person to positively deal with negative emotions and behavior patterns. The overall result is an improved well-being, both emotionally and physically, leading to overall happiness.
How it works: Dr. Bach discovered 38 flowers, each of them contributing in some way to the emotional well-being of a person. Each flower improves emotional negativity in some way. These 38 include some of the common ones like pine, mustard, oak, and walnut to rare ones like larch, rock rose, etc. Each flower is associated with an emotion. For instance, pine is associated with guilt, mustard with deep gloom for no reason, elm with overwhelmed feeling due to loaded responsibilities, etc.
Bach flower remedies or BFRs as they are called, are solutions containing brandy and water. Dr. Bach believed that dew found on the flower petals had preserved the healing properties of the plant and can be used to heal. While the water contains extreme dilutions of this dew material, the brandy acts as a preservative.
There is a Bach questionnaire that needs to be answered. This will help identify the right flower remedies needed for a particular person. In a vast majority of cases, it would be a combination of 6 to 7 remedies that are combined to make a personalized combination. Over a period of time, the negative emotions will be replaced with positive ones. The safety and popularity of this remedy is so wide that children, elderly people, pregnant women, and even pets and plants have benefited from this.
How do you make your customized therapy?
Take an empty 30 ml bottle that has a dropper in the lid, which you can get at the local pharmacy store. To this, add two drops of each selected remedy. Alternately, you could also use 4 drops of the formula that is available pre-mixed, which works in most cases. To this bottle with drops of the flower remedies, add plain, mineral water. Take 4 drops of this at least 4 times every day.
This is an extremely popular and well-proven method of healing, with the Bach foundation continuing to propagate the teachings and remedy of Dr. Bach.