Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Khalid Hussain
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Khalid HussainYour feedback matters!
My wife is 41 years of age having the problem of pain in the right breast area, during mammography it is found two small benign appearing calcific foci are seen in lower inner quadrant of right breast. On USG correlation it is found fibroglandular parenchyma is seen in both breasts with few small cystic areas in both breast 5.7x4.0 mm in right breast at 9 o clock. Few dilated ducts are seen in right breast at 6 o clock position. No obvious intra ductal solid component / echoes seen Impression Fibrocystic changes in both breasts. Dilated Ducts in right breast at 6 o clock BIRADS 3. I want to know the severity and complications as per report and what precautions we should take.
I am suffering from skin infection for 9 months. We go to the many doctors but they can't. So please help me.
Sir, last 3-4 months I have skin problem I show 4-5 skin specialist but not successfully result. Actually problem is 2 1) A small stain is crate itch it and then spread in area like wise ring inner side is normal but outer side is swell and itch to more. It is having privet space. 2) on face firstly dry skin (like in winter) itch it and swell it. So sir, please give me any suggestions.
I was using betnovate cream for the last 3 year now I come to know its side affect I decided to stop that but now my face turns to red and dry skin its itching my face is very sensitive I do not want use more chemical on it I am 17 plzz help me to get the solution I can not go on sunanymore please suggest me some homeremdy so that I can get my old skin back thnkyou.
Actually I have a friend and she is having some white marks on her knee and head. Or you can say the white skin patches. So is there any medicine for remove this.
I am a female, 24 years old. I have whiteheads on my nose. Can anyone suggest me anything to get rid of it.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!