Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Keertha
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KeerthaYour feedback matters!
My mother is 56 year old she is diabetic patient but 30 days ago her right thigh pain, numbness, tingling and feeling less leg.
Hello doctor mere gale me morming me bahut bagalgam hota hai and cough bhi hai bagalgam ki problem mujhe 4 month se hia pls sugget me kya karu ki jise mera gale ki problem sortout ho jye pls answer me any medicina ya ayurvedic medicine lena chahiye.
I am 47 years male suffering from both legs swelling problem from last 1.5 years. After long time standing or seating both legs swells. What should I do?
Sir I'm feeling difficulty while playing cricket legs are paining so what is solution sir please send me message sir.
Me and my wife having HIV +ve. Should we have sex and have a baby. Would we have a baby without aids.
I have depression for ten years, now I have gastric and back ache problem now what should I do, I am 49 years male.
Hii madam now I left jerking habit from 1 week permanently I will left what is. Tipa for getting good sperm and to make pennis growing.
My 5 year old daughter has asthma. What happen if asthma medication used long time. I heard it effects on bones. please help me. Thankyou.
I am 21 and am sexually active with my bf but with protection. I have PCOS condition hence my period is irregular. Last week I had a lot of brown discharge for 5 days followed by 2 days red blood discharge and it has been 2 days and am yet to see any discharge. Am worried I might be pregnant but took a pregnancy test yesterday it was negative. Could I be pregnant? My boyfriend always use condom, last we has sex was 2 weeks back and today again I saw light spotting what is the meaning of this?
Sir, Is daily masturbating is bad for health? I am 19 year old and masturbating from 5 years. Now I have stop this but my penis is bent left side. What I do?
I masturbate 4 times in a week. I am underweight. Is Masturbating stops to gain weight and how it affect health. Please provide suggestions.
I mostly have pain in my head when I work on computer for over 3-4 hours, so what should I jst do to reduce this?
Sir I am suffering from nightfall last 7 seven years it happens frequently or some time more than 6 to 7 due to over masturbation my sexual time is too low. It occurs in just 10 to 15 second. I am unmarried and I am also facing problem of body weakness my legs do pain continuously. I can not run fast more than 200 mtr and when I use stair my legs feel very fatigue and also pain in legs. I can not do any heavy work nd I always feel week and also feel pain in my body joint sir please give me a useful treatment for my problem. I take medicine from many doctors but I could not satisfy with them treatment.
What is Palpitation?
Palpitation is a feeling of awareness of your own heart beat. It is usually described as heart rate being either too fast (racing), too slow or a sensation of missing a beat.
Types of palpitations?
- These palpitations occur as a response to physical or mental stress like exercise, fever, pain, fear, anxiety etc.
- They are harmless and settle on their own once the precipitating factors disappear. They do not require any medical treatment.
- These palpitations occur due to some underlying abnormality in either the structure of heart or the beating of heart.
- These can be dangerous and at times life threatening. They may or may not settle on their own and require some medical treatment.
Warning signs that suggest palpitations are abnormal?
Palpitations are abnormal, if they are associated with chest heaviness, chest pain, uneasiness, sweating, weakness, giddiness, feeling of black out, fainting, nausea, vomiting, seizures. Palpitations are more likely to be abnormal in people who have some existing heart disease and these patients should report to their doctor at the earliest.
What to do during palpitations?
- Stay calm.
- Call for help. If u are alone avoid driving, use a taxi or auto, go to your nearest hospital/doctor and try to get an ECG during the palpitations. If you are helping someone having palpitations, if they faint, call for help, start CPR if they remain unresponsive and take them to the nearest hospital.
Which doctor can treat palpitations?
Doctors who specialise in the treatment of palpitations are called Electrophysiologists. They specialise in heart rhythm and are capable of performing a variety of complex tests to identify and treat different types of palpitations.
Which investigations are used to diagnose palpitations?
- ECG: Taken during palpitations and when the patient is normal is a very helpful tool.
- Holter: Externally applied recorder, which continuously records heart rhythm for 24 hrs.
- ELR: Extended loop recorder, is like holter, but it records rhythm for longer durations.
- ILR: Internal loop recorder is attached within the body for recording rhythm for long duration.
- EPS: Electrophysiology study, is the most sure shot test to diagnose, identify and treat Palpitations.
What is EPS?
EPS stands for Electrophysiology study. By this test a trained Electrophysiologist studies the conduction and formation system of heart beat, to understand the source, cause and type of palpitation. It is a simple and safe procedure of 2 to 3 hours and can be done as a day care procedure (by admitting the patient for a few hours in hospital, with discharge on same day).
It requires fasting for 4 hrs, some standard blood investigations and is done with local anaesthesia and if required it can be combined with treatment like ablation in the same sitting.In the procedure Electrophysiologist take catheters into your heart to study and stimulate the palpitations and understand them. Once found they can use various techniques to stop the palpitations, the techniques are called Ablation.
What are the treatment options available for palpitations?
There are many options depending upon the nature of palpitations and condition of the patient:
- Drug therapy
- Cardioversion where either a drug or electric shock is given to stop palpitations immediately.
- Ablations using many sophisticated computer softwares
- Device Therapy like ICD (Internal cardiac defibrillator)
- Combination of all the above therapies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.