Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. KedaranathYour feedback matters!
Recently, I had Ultrasound for my abdomen. The findings are 1. Enlarged Prostate (36 cc) 2. Mild Hydronephrosis in both kidneys 3. Polyp in Gall Bladder (3.2x2. 95 mm). Shall I go for Gall Bladder removal? Or kidney/prostate surgery first in terms of criticality.
I am suffering with stones in kidney of size 4.5mm and 4mm. I look very lean, please suggest a diet plan for me to gain weight so that size the stones won't increase.
I have got 3 renal calculus measuring 8.5,8.4 and 5mm.Doctor has advised to go thru a ultrasound therapy to break the stones.Pls advise whether it is necessary and total cost for this treatment.I have no pain symptoms or blood in my urine.Im urinating normally.
I am of age 36 male. Recently a significant post residual volume of urine (150 ml out of 380 ml) was found in scanning. My urologist examined and first suggested a tablet for 15 days. After that, he told to do cystoscopy, but then changed his mind, and observed my urine flow. He told cystoscopy is not necessary and inserted a cathetar tube and told there is no serious problem, as the tube was able to reach bladder without any pain. He told me to continue the tablet. But the problem remains unsolved. Kindly tell me what can possible step further?
Sir or mam, I am female 22 years old I have urgent urination ,when urine is stored in bladder it cause pain in lower pelvic region ,burning sensation ,pain in backside .i done ultrasound scan it detect that I have thick bladder wall, and I done urine culture its normal. My question is, when there is blood in urine culture how to detect its period blood or other becoz I have period when I test urine culture my report is normal. Why it cause pain when urine in bladder. I masturbate by rubbing clitoris did it related. Pls ans my question pls.
I have kidney stones. Doctor suggested me to continue STON 1 B6 syp. There is no need of surgery. I am continuing that medicine more than 1 year. Should I continue this medicine?
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
My age is 45. Is there any possibility of kidney damage in angiography. How much possibilities of complications and what it can be after angiography and even in angioplasty.
What is renal calculi. I have renal calculi 1-4 mm in left kidney. Or sabse badi problem ye h ki jab urinate hone ka mann karta h to lower abdoman me ajeeb sa pain or concentrate aa jata or ek baar full stream jaane ke baad urine ko mujhe forcly bar bar niklana padta h urine leak bhi karta hor usme badbu bhi bht aati hai. Kai bar urine jalan ke saath dark yellow nikalta h. Jab mujhe eraction aane ko hota h to turant bladder full ho jata h or jaise hi urinate ho jata hu to eraction chala jata hai. Kai bar aisa lagta h urine nikal hi nahi paa raha h or thoda thoda nikalta h. Kya mujhe koi sexual problem h yaa ye calculi ki wjaah hai. Maine prostate kaa bhi scan karwaya wo bhi normal nikla. Kai bar pennis se urine ke baad ek trasparent discharge hota h jisme bbt jyda smell aati hai peanut size kaa. Maine urine test karwaya wo bhi normal. Virgin Non alcholic or non smoker.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure where your kidneys are cleansed and rebuild using the kidneys of a deceased person, in order to flush out the excessive waste fluids from the kidneys. It is of paramount importance and your dietary patterns and lifestyle should be altered after you go through a kidney transplant. Your dietician will help you out by preparing your diet chart to clearly list out the foods that you should consume and those which you should avoid after the surgery. The diet chart that would be prepared for you would be highly subjective and it would totally depend on your lifestyle, medical history, family health records, genetically transmitted conditions and such others. Apart from improving the condition of your kidney and assisting your transplant, the diet chart will also help you to lose weight, boost your metabolism and enhance your immune system. Some of the most common recommendations that your dietician may give you are as follows:
- Eating at least 5 full servings of fresh fruits and vegetables each day as both are an important part of a healthy diet for a person who has just undergone a kidney transplant. The vegetables should mostly be eaten after cooking/boiling as per the suggestions of your dietician.
- Having enough of fiber rich foods in your daily diet is essential as it speeds up the process of digestion and prevents constipation by promoting frequent and easy bowel movements.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, then you should be going for lean meat alternatives which are low on fat and high on nutritional value. Examples of such meat are fishes and poultry. Additionally, you should also avoid all kinds of red meat as it is high on fat.
- Consume low-fat milk and dairy products as they help to prevent the fat accumulation inside the body and also maintain an acceptable level of calcium and phosphorus inside your body.
- Maintain a low level of iodized salt in your meals, as it helps to keep your blood pressure under control.
- Over the counter health supplements like vitamins and proteins can also be taken, if recommended by your dietician.
I am 31 years old male, staying in indirapuram ghaziabad. I am suffering from left kidney stone [5 mm] and gall bladder stone [single - 1cm]. I have gone through some testing which shows that liver sgpt factor is around 245, so doctor suggest me to take some medicine before surgery for liver problem. I want to ask, is there any way so gall bladder stone can removed without surgery?
Hello sir, My age is 24 year old. 13/02/2016 I have a problem urine is not proper come I have check my kidney both but no problem in kidney. Urine come feel very pain and urine color is drak yellow. please Dr. suggest me.
15 days ago I had little blood with toilet, no pain. I went to doctor he checked and said you have little piles (first ya 2nd stage. He gave a tube and anti continuation medicine. After 3 days no blood came. Nothing. Now I wanna know, what I have to do? These days no blood no pain. Nothing at all. please tell me have the piles gone? I am worried.
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!