Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. KedaranathYour feedback matters!
My mom have 22mm stone in left kidney. She operated twice. One open and other through urethra. And now 3rd time she have 22mm stone. Now Dr. suggest laparoscopic surgery. Is it necessary to do IVP before surgery? She is 53 yes old.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Which is more better treatment for urethral stricture, Surgery or Uttarabasti in Ayurveda My age is 22.
I have kidney stone in left ureter of size 15*5.5 mm shown in sonography what should I do use medicine or operation kindly give advice.
Hi my husband is 33 years old for the last 3 months during night he feels like urinating more often. Once he comes back after urinating again after 4-5 mins he feels like paas in urine. Some drops also comes out after he rubs the penis. This continues till he sleeps at night. Is this a problem .what could be the reason and solutions for same.
I go to bed at 10 pm but I can't sleep until 1 am and I frequently urinate 4-5 times what is the reason and what should I do.
Mujhe baar baar toilet jana padta hai. Din me kam se kam 6 ya 7 baar. Kuch bhi khate hi. Wajan bhi kam ho Gaya hai. Kamjor bhi ho. Khaya peeya kuch nahi lgta. My age 33. Tnx.
Dear Sir, My uncle's yesterday's USG report is as mentioned below A 1.9 x 1.4 cm sized cyst is seen in the upper pole of left kidney. In Feb 2017 the cyst was of 8.1 mm. He was on medication from February of this year. Inspite of decreasing the size increased. What's your suggestion.
I have a small Calculus on my right kidney about 3.5 mm and from last 3 days am taking Cystone tablets 1--0--1 everyday. Will it give any side effects ?
I have done masturbation and now I am suffering from health issues such as. Over urination .now I have stopped it .is there any medication?
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.