Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kaviya KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I am75 years old. My question is related to dental.I never had any tooth ache so far and my tooth is visibly alright. My problem is little bits of teeth are are losing but the damage is only peripheral. Can I do any precautions to prevent further breaking and damage?
I have a problem on my teeth lots of yellow teeth and its smell very bad so please give me some natural suggestion what I need to do.
Does taking chewing gum (orbit) daily create any health problems? And does it reduce the sperm count. I asked coz I heard some of my friends saying so? And does orbit makes teeth white?
Ybrate 200 When I am doing brushing on teeth then why little bit water comes from gums can you pls tell me how I stop it? Thats why it takes 30-40 minutes time on brushing.
Dear Doctor I'm writing this on behalf of my daughter, she is 8.5years old. Most of her milk teeth are decayed and few of them are flowing off and came new teeth in that location. My doubt is that, is it safe to bump off the almost decayed molar teeth by a dentist?
Everyone wants bright white teeth, but be careful of some over-the-counter whitening systems. Speak to your dentist before trying one of these products.
-1/2hr before meal time. Tooth clean with brush daily twice morning-night
-plenty of fluids and fruits juice any.
-avoid peace / fatty /cooked oily fast junk food,
I have problems my teeth and bloods come to after cleans my teeth. how to resolve the problems my problems give me solution I feel little pain also.
I have recurrent aphthous stomatitis (ulcers) Since 5 days I am suffering from big mouth ulcers they are big from normal size I can not eat anything even I can not talk its pain is like pain of wounds and it hurts very badly its really painful for me sometimes even I can not sleep coz of this ulcers please help me out.
Hi, I am 24 years old I had all test like HIV hsv vdrl hpv and many more, Mouth sore always, I quit smoking from last 4 months back, sexually active from last 5 years, kidney stones also got now taking treatment, what's the causes please help me.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.