Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. KavithalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I am 49 years old female .I am thyroid eltroxin 125 mg daily and sotalol betacardone 40 mg twice daily for many years now. I have recently developed under eye bags which look very bad .Please help.
Can dry eyes problem or computer vision syndrome can be cured permanently? FYI I do not have number to my both eyes ,tested with good doctor but I am facing eye burning problem and I am unable to sit in front of computer. Currently I am taking omega 3 fatty acid tablets and using refresh gel drops by allergen. Can anyone pls help me out to come out this problem.
I am suffering from dust allergy and it affects my eyes. My eyes often go red and become ithy. How to cure this?
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
My mother is 47 years old! Housewife! Daughter of 1. Had 2-3 miscarriages in her medical history! Has reading glasses! Sits on her phone for very often! From past month she is complaining of dizziness and blackness in front of her eyes, this episode happens every once in a week. Should I be worried? Or it's just the strain from the phone?
Every month once I get my eye problem. Only one eye any of both. Always tearing and morning lots of white sticky like gum. Now its over. But start soon my be.
I have an eye sight of1.50 can it be reduced or what are the food items we should consume and precautions should be followed.
Which foods will help to make strong brain eyes, lungs,please tell. N how can we protected from disease?
Sir. I have a eye sight. Both eyes are -5.5. So going to be a laser treatment. But we are poor family. We don't have a sufficient amount for treatment. Please could you tell me free or low amount treatment facility hospitals.
Sir my tear duct got blocked so there is continuous flow of water but I don't want to be operated is there any other way?
Hello Doctor, I am 26 year girl and I am suffering from headache 2-3 times in a week from last 1 year even I sleep 7-8 hours usually and I use to wear specs while working in front of computer, but my forehead pain will not relief completely, please suggest me some permanent solution to relief this pain.
My eyes are not healthy got glasses, want to remove them, is there a ny way to remove them within 2～4 months?
My age is25 years old and my eye sides are getting darkness and is blackish and the colour of face is also getting darker pls suggest me some tips to get rid of this
I have to work in dust due to wood industry. Which medicine is helpful for regularly cleaning my eye without any side effects.
Hi my mother has retinal detachment causes. She got one operation in First week of Feb. With Vitrectomy Method putting silicon gel. Now doctor is again ask to get operation to remove Silicon Gel for eye. I want to ask does both the operation are chargeable or second is free though we have already paid for First operation. Can you tell me the approx. Cost for this operation. Thanks.
Eye exercises make your eye muscles more flexible, and bring energy and blood flow to the eyes to maintain optimal vision. Regular eye exercises combat eye strain and also improve focus as well as concentration.
•Hold a pencil at an arm’s length and focus on it. Slowly bring it closer to your nose and then move it farther from your vision until you can no longer keep it in focus. Repeat about 10 times a day.
•Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for a few seconds, and then roll them counter-clockwise for a few seconds. Repeat four or five times, blinking your eyes in between each set.
•Try eyelid fluttering by blinking your eyes 20 to 30 times rapidly and repeatedly, without squeezing your eyes shut. Finally, close your eyes and let them rest. You can also try palming, which is described below. Do this twice daily.
•Concentrate your vision on a distant object for a while. The best way to do this without straining your eyes is to look at the moon and focus on it for three to five minutes daily.
Perform one or more of these eye exercises on a regular basis, at least for a few months, to get encouraging results.