Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavitha
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. KavithaYour feedback matters!
I have fever and pain in my whole body as well as vomiting with food for 3 days. Why sir? Please help me.
Sir I Want to Know the effect of weed? And want to Quit Smoking because want to improve gastrointestinal what should I do?
My daughter was depressed, she was prescribed fluoxetine. It has to be taken with vitamin supplement? Which vitamin has to be taken? Is this drug effective against psychotic depression also?
Suggest an alternative medicine particularly biochemic medicine to get rid from fearfulness /phobia for ailments, travelling and to go hospital.
I am 30 years old male. I am continuously suffering from depressions due to past terrific incidents in my life. I can't forget those past horrible incidents. I am becoming mental day by day which is creating stress to my health & mind. What should I do? Please give me proper advice.
I have a short temper mind always. For my words near by my friends and relatives suffering some problems. But they dont said for my behaviour.
Hi Dr. My problem is that I have a bf almost 4 years r going to complete for our relationship. He too loved me a lot n care for me. He never had forced me or ask me for physical relationship. He's in civil engineering in 1st year diploma. He talked me whole day whenever I msg him he talks to me. But The problem is that 15 days 20 days becomes n we don't meet. I really wanna see him whenever I see others couples I feel sad. I always ask him to meet he ignores or he changed the topic otherwise he start irritating me n laughed for no reason n I get irritated then we both fight and than it leads to misunderstanding. I know he is busy but I wan him to meet me spent little time with me ones in a week or ones in 15 days. When he refuses I get hurt n start crying I think a lot on this matter and than I can't concentrate on my studies. He really a good guy I know please give advice how can I make him realize? Thank you.
Stress affects every part of your life including your love life. If you’re feeling too overwhelmed and tense, chances are that you’re libido and appearance will suffer. Studies have shown that being stressed increases the production of cortisol in the body, which makes you less appealing to members of the other sex.
Take a look at five ways stress can affect your love life.
- It changes your perception of the relationship: Being under pressure makes you irritable and snappy. Relationships exposed to high levels of stress most often turn negative with time. This is because stress alters our perception of reality and understanding of people. When you’re stressed, you tend to focus more on what’s wrong with the relationship than what’s right. This can lead to an increase in conflicts between partners.
- It lowers your confidence: For any relationship to work, you must first love yourself. Stress causes self doubt and lowers your self confidence. If you’re looking to start a relationship, this can increase your inhibitions in talking to new people or going on a date. If you’re already in a relationship, this lowered self confidence can lead to problems in bed.
- It affects your appearance: Stress affects not only your emotional and mental frame of mind but your physical state as well. Being under pressure to perform can result in binge eating and make you put on weight. Stress itself increases the production of cortisol in the body which in turn makes the skin secrete more oil. Stress can also cause brittle nails and hair loss. Stress also lowers your energy levels and makes you withdraw from social life.
- It lowers your sex drive: Stress makes it difficult to focus on anything other than whatever is troubling you. It has a direct connection to your libido; the higher the stress, the lower your libido. For men this can lead to erectile dysfunctioning while for women it can reduce the amount of natural lubrication produced and make sex uncomfortable.
- It can suppress fertility: Cortisol can also prevent women from ovulating. This can lower your chances of conceiving a child. this is noticed especially in cases of sudden spikes in stress levels and varies from woman to woman. It can also cause fertility problems in men.
The good news is that stress can easily be managed to improve your love life. Meditating and exercising are two effective stress busters that can enhance your love life. Doing this along with your partner not only helps reduce stress but can also bring you closer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.