Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha.MYour feedback matters!
Does root canal treatment can cause cancer? read somewere and we are scared to go for rct please advice.
I have bleeding from my teeth since a long time it pains too and while I brush or sometimes randomly I have tried all the toothpaste too.
I got my impacted wisdom tooth extracted on 16 March. What should I eat. Can I start my regular routine.
Since last month there is pain in my left upper teeth. When I consult a Doctor for this he prescribed some medicine, paste and asked for x-ray. After x-ray he suggested for Root Canal Treatment and Capping due to gap occurred between two teeth. I would like to know is that better for me to have a Root Canal Treatment.
I have cavity in my wisdom tooth and now it started paining and I have consulted with dentist and he has suggested me to remove my wisdom tooth but I am little bit scared to removing it. So is it good option that we are removing our wisdom tooth?
Male 20 years. Dental problem Often I suffer bleeding from a top jaw front 4th teeth. There is a little bleeding first then when I try to suck it from I side then the flow increases. And only at that time when I shake my teeth with a finger it shakes a little.
I have a tooth pain like in case of cavity but it isn't a cavity. So what can it be? Is there any home remedy for such pain?
Blood coming from one particular area in gums and condition is exacerbated when teeth are not brushed previous night
Hi, I am geting very minor pain and then some blood tarces from my canine tooth (both in upper section) mostly in mornings. Its there from almost an year and occurcs twice or thrice in a month.
I am anjaneyulu male .iam suffering from teeth pain recently I did treatment. But I can't relief .now what I should do now.
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"