Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha GauthamYour feedback matters!
Sir, agar morning time 5 am intercourse karre aur wife uske baad kab toilet ya flush out ho sakti hai. please reply with some useful answer. I really thankful to you.
I am 27 year old woman, trying to conceive last 6 months but don't get. When I am start to planning a baby then my period cycle is irregular .and last 2 months my white discharge very small amount. Pls guide me. How to pregnant fast.
I am 21 years old I did sex with my boy friend without condom is there any problem ? will i get pregnant ?
What is the correct method for blood test for pp n fasting what time one should eat dinner for fasting test next day? Two n half hours from the first bite or the last bite for pp? Pl clarify! and what should be the breakfast and dinner before going for blood sugar test?
The fibroids in her uterus are reasons for some constant profuse bleeding. She is scared to go under knife and while 2 doctors have preferred to operate she is scared nd is looking for some other expert advice.
My problem is irregular periods, well I gone to hospital and took tests. Everything is normal but the problem is hormonal imbalance. So the doctor said, even after completing tablets for hormonal imbalance you can't treat permanent solution. Is that true? What should I do now?
How can we come to know that baby in my womb is my husband's baby or boyfriend's baby? Is it recognised without D.N.A test?
Aging is a natural process that affects every aspect of wellbeing as one gets older. Be it physical health, mental health, emotional health or sexual health, aging has an impact on it all. The desire for passion and intimacy is one that does NOT recede with age and it is best to adapt to the changes that the body goes through for a more fulfilling experience.
Aging affects the sexual health of men and women in different ways. Furthermore, it has varying effects on men and women.
What are the physiological changes that affect sexual health in women?
The onset of menopause is a major factor that has several key consequences on the sexual health of a woman. It causes alterations in the functioning of the genital and reproductive organs. Once a woman hits the menopausal stage, the vagina tends to get shorter and thinner, with stiff and narrow walls. Vaginal lubrication also decreases. These changes are known to have an impact on the ability of a woman to derive pleasure from sex.
What are the physiological changes that affect sexual health in men?
The most common sexual problem that affects older men is erectile dysfunction. Also known as impotence, this leads to the inability to achieve or maintain an erection. Premature ejaculation is an added issue. The causes for male sexual problems that occur due to aging range from diabetes and obesity to conditions of the heart and vascular system.
What are the main causes of change in sexual health with age?
Following are a few examples of factors that affect sexual performance and health with increasing age:
- Decreasing hormone levels
- Chronic joint or muscular pain
- Development of illnesses or medical conditions
- Side effects of medication
- After effects of surgery
For many people, interest in sexual activity does not decrease with age. Getting older should not come in the way of enjoying sex. Having a deep and thorough understanding of the bodies of yourself and your partner as you both age and mature will play an important role in helping the two of you derive pleasure from sex and intimacy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 42 years old housewife. Having thyroid and menstrual problem. Not having period for last 3 months. Feeling chapped skin at upper lid. Also having dry skin problem though generally I am having oily skin. Takes medicine for thyroid and use good skin products. Also overweight.
My wife not co-operating to have sex. How to encourage her to have sex with me. Please help me. Am 55 years. She is 45 years. Hope you give me good advice.
Hi, I have a question, my wife is 7th month pregnant, I want to know can we do intercourse at this time? And if not then till what time. Thanks.
Hello doctor, I got recently married .I got infection frequently when am doing sex in that next day I got itching on under skin and skin layer will automatically loss.
Bitter gourd juice contains a train of important nutrients ranging from iron, magnesium and vitamin to potassium and vitamin C. An excellent source of dietary fiber, it also contains twice the calcium of spinach, beta-carotene of broccoli, and the potassium of a banana. to reduce the bitterness of the drink iadd some honey or jaggery to it or pair it with sweet fruits like apple or pears. You can even add lemon juice to lessen the harsh taste of bitter melon juice. A pinch of black pepper and ginger can also decrease the tartness.
- Karela Helps in Maintaining Blood Sugar Levels-Bitter gourd contains an insulin-like compound called Polypeptide-p or p-insulin which has been shown to control diabetes naturally. if you consume bitter melon juice daily , consult a doctor before doing so.
2. Karela Lowers Bad Cholesterol Levels-“Bitter gourd juice is anti-inflammatory and also helps in lowering the bad cholesterol levels in the body. Thereby, it significantly reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.” It also maintains the blood pressure of the body as it is rich in potassium, which absorbs excessive sodium in the body. It is rich in iron and folic acid which are known to decrease the risk of stroke and keep your heart healthy.
3.Karela is Good for Glowing Skin and Lustrous Hair-It is powerful anti-oxidants along with vitamin A and C which prevent premature skin ageing and diminishes wrinkles. Furthermore, it reduces acne, aids in treating eczema and psoriasis, as well as protects the skin from the harmful UV rays.The nutrients vitamin A, vitamin C, Biotin and Zinc impart shine and lustre to your hair . Applying bitter gourd juice regularly to your scalp can decrease hair loss and greying of hair, treat split-ends and rough hair, shrug off dandruff, and combat itchiness. You can apply bitter gourd juice directly to stop hair fall or mix it with some curd and massage on your scalp and hair for conditioning.
4. Karela Cures Hangovers and Cleanses the Liver-Bitter gourd juice swiftly wipes out alcoholic intoxication settled in your liver.
5. Karela Helps in Weight Loss-Bitter gourd is low in calories, fat and carbohydrates. It keeps you full for longer and hence, it can easily fit in your weight loss plan.
6. Karela Boosts Your Immune System-Bitter gourd fights viruses and bacteria and strengthens your immunity. It prevents allergies and indigestion. The antioxidants work as powerful defense mechanisms against illness and also help fight free-radical damage .
7. Good for Eyes-it helps in preventing vision-related problems such as cataract since it has compounds like beta-carotene.
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment.
We want to a baby since last two year. My semen analysis report is normal. My wife's period circle is 28 days in every month. This month we intercourse 10,12,14,15.today 25 days. But she got leg and back pain. What this is period symptoms?
It's been 1 year since I got married And we often have intercourse To say weekly ones Happy with sexual life but I am not pregnant still will makes me sad and depressed For my husband semen analysis test is suggested Do I have any test that can be done to check if I have any fertility issues Note my periods cycle it's not stable where it happens between 25 days to 31 days.
The usage of “9 months” with pregnancy is almost universal. However, it is not always that all women go through the entire 9 months with the baby. Most often, delivery happens during the 37th to 40th weeks. This allows for the complete growth of the baby within the mother’s womb. When delivery happens before the 37th week, it is known as preterm delivery or premature labour. These babies may not be completely formed and may have temporary or long-term difficulties after birth.
There are many reasons which can induce premature labour, and while some are preventable, some may be inevitable.
- Smoking: One of the first things to do when planning a pregnancy or as soon as you realise you are pregnant is to quit smoking. It is way too damaging for the mother and the baby within.
- Alcohol consumption or street drug usage: These again can cause not just premature labour but also developmental abnormalities.
- Multiple pregnancy: Women pregnant with twins or multiples often have premature labour.
- Health problems: Medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, infections, etc.
- Abnormalities: Developmental abnormalities in the newborn like Down’s syndrome, chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
- Weight: Being either obese or underweight can cause premature labour.
- Prenatal care: While preparing for pregnancy or as soon as you confirm it, ensure you put yourself in the hands of a good gynaecologist. This will ensure you (and your baby) get the required care.
- Less gap: Reduced gap between subsequent pregnancies can also induce premature labour.
Warning signs of premature labour
In some women, the doctor might be able to predict the chances of a premature labour and give enough suggestions to look out for warning signs. This will help the woman to be mentally prepared when it is time.
A low backache, which is constant and does not go with usual relief measures.
- Frequent pelvic contractions (about every 10 minutes)
- Vaginal leaking (fluid or bleeding)
- General ill-feeling with symptoms of nausea, cramps, and vomiting/diarrhoea.
- Inability to hold down fluids for a full day
- Abdominal cramps, similar to a period
- Pelvic pressure, a feeling of the baby descending down
What to do?
As mentioned earlier, if your doctor had warned you of the chances of a preterm labour, watch out for them after 35 weeks.
- With any of the above symptom, do not indulge in any activity and rest on the left side for a while.
- Drink about 2 to 3 glasses of juice or plain water.
- If the symptoms get better, continue to rest for the day.
- If they do not, call the doctor. Usually, the doctor will ask you to come to the clinic.
- In some cases, the baby might be delivered and require neonatal care for some days (to weeks) depending on development and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.