Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavitha Gautham
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha GauthamYour feedback matters!
Recurrent pregnancy loss is termed as the occurrence of three or more miscarriages. Recently, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine has altered the definition and limited the number of miscarriages to two. A pregnancy loss can only be termed so if the pregnancy is clinically recognized and is ends involuntarily before 20 weeks. The pregnancy loss must be identified by a registered doctor to term it as pregnancy loss.
What are the major causes of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss?
There could be a lot of reasons behind recurrent pregnancy loss. Most of the pregnancy failure happens from reasons such as abnormalities of the genes, chromosomes and other random events. It is estimated that close to 15 percent of the pregnancies end up in miscarriages. While 30-60 percent of the pregnancies expire within the first 12 weeks, fifty percent of the women are believed to be not aware of the pregnancy in the first place. The risk of miscarriage, however, is less than 50 percent.
An advanced maternity age is another crucial factor towards recurrent 2pregnancy loss. The risk of miscarriage dramatically increases among these women owing to their poor quality of egg, abnormalities in the chromosome etc. At a time, it has been observed that either the father or the mother might have irregularities in the gene leading to early miscarriage.
An abnormality in the uterus might also be a reason for a miscarriage. Poor blood supply and inflammation of the uterus are two of the topmost reason for miscarriages among many women. While some women born with a defective uterus, some develop uterus anomalies due to lifestyle and unhealthy life practices.
Last but not the least, a woman’s immune system might also play a pivotal role towards a miscarriage. Certain hormonal irregularities, diabetes and thyroid diseases might lead to a miscarriage. Then there are the environmental factors such as stress, occupational factors, lifestyle practices etc that contributes towards a miscarriage.
What are the tests conducted?
To evaluate the exact reason for repeated miscarriages, a doctor performs a detailed physical and surgical examination. Some other areas where a doctor sneaks into include family history, genetic history etc. A karyotype test might also be prescribed in case a doctor feels the need of doing so. The uterus cavity and the uterus are closely monitored to understand any potential lack in the anatomy. This is followed by a list of imaging tests that a doctor might prescribe. These include MRI, X-ray, hysteroscopy etc.
What are the treatment options?
The treatment options are decided based on the finding of the tests. Sometimes plain medicines along with antibiotics can cure the condition, while sometimes surgery might be required to fix any potential threat within the uterus. In any case, the probability of future pregnancy after treatment goes as high as 77 percent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Digestive discomfort is the clear sign that something needs to be done for healing digestion. Here are 12 natural ways that will help in restoring your slowed digestion.
1. Eat glutamine-enriched foods: Glutamine is known to heal the gut lining and reduce its inflammation. Consume glutamine-enriched foods like spinach, fish, eggs, meat, parsley, beans and dairy products.
2. Intake Ample Water: Lack of water intake will dehydrate, consequently leading to serious digestive ailments. Add berries, natural flavors or lemon juice to water to heal digestion and also elevate energy levels.
3. Detoxify liver: A happy liver leads to good digestion. Detoxify liver by eating foods like carrots, dandelion, beetroot and leafy greens. Shun drinking and smoking.
4. Sleep Well: A sound sleep will contribute greatly in healing digestion. Do not stress and get adequate sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours.
5. Drink Alkaline Fluids: Naturally alkaline beverages like fruit juices, tea, mineral water etc neutralize stomach acidity and tackle digestion problems. Ensure naturally alkaline beverages unlike the artificial ones lest more harm would be done.
6. Consume Cultured or Fermented Foods: Cultured or fermented foods contain ‘good bacteria’ that regenerates gut lining naturally. Consume foods like sauerkraut, fermented vegetables, kefir, Kombucha, kimchi etc and wait for better results.
7. Meditate and Deep Breathing: It may sound strange but meditation and deep breathing has positive effect over digestive system. Reduced stress levels mean better digestion.
8. Detox Regularly: Regular detoxification with natural juices like aloe vera resets digestive system wonderfully.
9. Intake Good Bacteria: Good bacteria in the form of Probiotics improve digestion significantly.
10. Stay Aware of Food Allergies: Food allergies can cause inflammation in gut, playing havoc with the digestion. Know your allergies to eliminate problematic foods.
11. Get Fed with Fiber: Fiber will remove toxins from the body and keep the gut moving. This will protect digestive tract from injury or inflammation.
12. Cinnamon & Mint: Cinnamon & mint balances levels of blood sugar and soothes gastrointestinal tract.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.