Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavitha
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. KavithaYour feedback matters!
Pimples are known to be the bane of many teenager’s life. However, the unfortunate thing is that for many people, their misery does not cease with the growth of a person into adulthood.
However, there are quite a few things which can be done in order to improve the situation, to help you get rid of these unsightly blotches in just one night.
1. Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice can be made good use of in order to fight pimples. This can be done by using a cotton swab dipped in the fresh lemon juice and dabbing the swab on the pimples which are the cause of so much anguish.
2. Cinnamon paste: There is also an alternative which can be considered and that is to mix the lemon juice with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and put this combination on the face prior to sleeping at night. However, it is to be kept in mind that there is one caveat about this solution and that is that if a person has skin that is sensitive, it is unlikely that he or she will react well to this sort of treatment. So, it is better that he or she just sticks to the simpler way to treat pimples by using lemons.
3. Ice cubes: In order to reduce the irritation, which is unfortunately part and parcel of pimples, what can be done is to use ice wrapped in a clean and thin cloth to touch the pimples with. The great thing about this is that ice is so freely available and a lot of the discomfort caused by the pimples will be greatly reduced.
4. Toothpaste: Another thing which is available quite easily happens to be toothpaste. While this may not seem to be an automatic solution for pimples, it is quite effective. However, if a person makes the choice of using toothpaste as his or her metaphorical weapon to combat pimples, he or she would do very well to keep in mind the fact that simple white toothpaste is to be made use of.
By using any gel based toothpaste, not only will the desired impact not be seen, but there could be side effects as well. What is to be done, is quite simple, to say the least. A few minutes before going to sleeps, the person needs to apply a bit of white toothpaste on each pimple. After waking up, washing off the toothpaste with cool water is required. Over the course of a few weeks, the changes will show up.
So fret not! Simply try these remedies and you will soon be pimple free! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am 26 years old male have backache from last 4 months only at night time while sleeping what should I do.
Hi, I'm having serious problem. I'm addicted to internet. I'm unable to concentrate on studies. How to overcome?
We are recently married since 1 yr. My wife have irregular periods from last 2-3 months .this she got her period yesterday but today bleeding slowly as she explained .please let me know if there is anything to worry or serious concern.
Mere hath pairo me bahot dard rhta hai , neend Nhi ati h or agr hm thora daur lete h to bahot thaka sa feel karte h kisi kam me man Nhi lagta h.
I am having continuously hairfall please suggest me some medicine. It seems like there is very less hair left in my head and my scalp is visible.
I have a curve in my lower back (inside curve) they call it lordosis. Its from birth my dad also hv it. Though I do not hv got any problems from it yet bt I want 2 get rid of it. Plzz give me a perfect solution or exercise.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when the openings of oil glands become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Acne usually appears on the face, neck, chest, back and shoulders. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and when one begins to disappear, others seem to crop up. Depending on its severity, acne can cause emotional distress and can also scar the skin. But what causes the recurrence of breakouts?
These are attributed to certain hidden causes, which are:
1. Your drug prescriptions
Steroids found in prescription drugs are a key offender, whether taken internally or topically. If taken internally, the offending ingredient will be listed as prednisone, which is the tablet form of steroid. Prednisone is used to treat inflammatory diseases like poison ivy, allergies and arthritis. If medications are taken topically, it could aggravate acne or cause steroid acne. Oral contraceptives are also a common cause of acne.
2. Your beauty routine
Acne caused by topical lotions, creams and makeup are known as acne cosmetica, commonly appearing on face, neck, hairline and scalp. Applying a product regularly to an acne-prone area can do more harm than good. Some people go to bed with ointments or oils in their hair that can get on the pillowcase and then rub on your face. It's best to put a clean towel over your pillowcase every night to prevent buildup.
3. Your cell phone
Cell phones gather all kinds of dirt and bacteria and are a big cause of acne on the chin and around the mouth. Wiping down the screen of your smartphones every day with alcohol or cleaning wipes will keep your phone and your face clean.
4. Using toothpaste to treat a zit
Certain toothpaste can actually cause you to develop acne or an acne-like eruption on the lower parts of your face, including your chin. Fluoride and other whitening and anti-cavity ingredients are quite abrasive and could potentially burn your skin, cause irritation and initiate breakouts.
5. Your workout gear
It's not the act of exercising that is causing breakouts but other issues. If you are using a communal yoga mat, you may be on the side that someone else's feet or perspiration had touched before, with the physical contact causing breakouts. It's best to put a clean towel over it before working out, even if it is your personal mat.
Also, workout gear that constantly rubs in a certain area can cause frictional acne. Constant rubbing ends up making you sweat, causing skin irritation and eventually developing into tiny red bumps. Though it looks like a heat rash, it is actually acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Take care of mosquito bites by using repellents or cream application.
Wear clothes which dry rapidly to prevent common cold and other infections.
Drink plenty of water and use warm or hot drinks during rainy season.