Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. KasturiYour feedback matters!
Doctor while I am doing toilet the toilet is like blood and it is paining and I fell to go toilet in every time.
I'm 30 years, female. I have history of hypothyroidism. Lately I have started having pain in my knees, ankles, lower back, neck, groin. I got MRI done, thankfully nothing specific showed up. I'm taking calcium daily. Can you suggest something to change in my diet or some specific tests to be undertaken for any future precaution. I'm married but no kids yet.
Hi, my wife is in her 9th month of pregnancy. I want to know is it worth going for baby stem call? The cost is high and I do not have any idea about the stem cell. Is it really as useful as they say? Will I do a big mistake if I do not opt for it?
Is it healthy to have sexual intercourse during pregnancy. Mine wife is insecure about about it. She get aroused but feared to have sex saying something or the other will be side effect will happen if we indulge in intercourse. please help me n her regarding this. Is it unsafe to have sex during this period. Should we use condom on not during sex. please guide me. Thank you in advance.
One drop of semen is equal to about 40 drops of blood,
Masturbation is like taking a razor and slashing the wrist,
One should avoid masturbation or any illicit sex activity. Imagine how much weakness and reduction of work efficiency can masturbation cause! Sex other than for procreation and within marriage is illicit sex activity, so masturbation comes under illicit sex.
To avoid illicit sex and the nasty habit of masturbation :
1) Eating less in night,
2) Avoid non-vegetarian foods
3) Avoid intoxicants like tobacco,alcohol
4) Avoid onions and garlic which are aphrodisiacs and bind to lust and masturbation.
5) Take fruits, vegetables and drink hot cup of cow's milk every night
6) Avoid foods which are too pungent, spicy, oily, bitter because such foods cause misery and disease
7) Read nice books based on simple living high thinking and make your life successful
You should be very careful and determined to stop this nasty habit as soon as possible as it can cause many problems physically, mentally, socially etc
The truth is sometimes harsh but if taken positively, it can ultimately lead to happiness and success. The truth is in the oldest and fully dependable Vedic texts, that by illicit sex activity, one takes the risk of becoming an animal in next life.
Hope this helps to win over the nasty habit of illicit sex and masturbation.
I am having excessive left ovarian pain on 2nd day of menstruation. It's like twisting of the ovary. I can't even stand properly . Please help me.
I am not getting menses since 2 months 10 days So, that I went to hospital for check up And doctor said me to use cyclenorm-P & E tablets for three days and doctor also said to do some tests like (Haemogram, Random blood sugar, T3,T4, TSH (THYROID profile)) And got those tests results. I am mentioning T3 test results And in that they mentioned pregnancy 1st 2nd & 3rd trimesters in Biological Reference Interval. What that means I am scared of my result It means that I am pregnant? Can you please say be the answer by seeing the below result plzzz. I'll be so thankful for your answer TOTAL T3 (Triiodothyronine) :- Value observed is:- 93.2 ng/dL And Biological Reference Interval:- Adults:- 20-50 yr: 70-204 ng/dL 50-90 yr: 40-181 ng/dL Paediatric Ranges: Cord blood: 30-70 ng/dL Newborn :75-260 ng/dL 1-5 yr. :100-260 ng/dL 5-10 yr: 90-240 ng/dL 10-20 yr. :80-210 ng/dL Pregnancy :- First trimesters: 81-190 ng/dL 2nd & 3rd trimesters :- 100-260 ng/dL please examine and answer me plz.
I was in a novelon 21 day pill pack from june 21st. I missed the second last pill pack of june which I doubled with the last. Took a pill free break of 6 days on which I had menses from 5-8th july and from 8th july I started with the new pack. I had protected intercourse on 9th but used the condom thrice dobt know if he had ejaculated or not but the condom dint break. I had protected intercourse on 14th. I never missed a pill until 21st july which I took it along with the next pill on 22nd july. I had a very light bleeding on the morning of 22nd july which I stopped as soon as I doubled it. I never missed a pill since then. My pill pack ended on 28th july and on 1st of aug I had withdrawal bleeding which was normal withdrawal bleed and continued upto 6th. I took 3 pregnancy test after tht last pregnancy test was on 12th july and all of them were negative. I had last protected intercourse on 14th of july. Am I safe? Was that light bleeding on 22nd morning a breakthrough bleeding or implantation bleeding. I am not facing any symptoms. Except I was too tensed on the previous month and I was not feeling to have anything to eat. But as the tension subside everything has become normal. M I safe? Do I need to do any other hpt or blood test?
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.