Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KasturiYour feedback matters!
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi I have PCOD problem. Now I want conceive twins. Which pills is helpful to produce superovulation.
If my husband not getting protection during sex and no hormone if he will not enter can I get pregnant also?
My boyfriend bit my nipples and pulled it. This was my first experience. Now my nipples are paining too much. What should I do.
Hi, I am 32 year old female, my esr is 46 mm/lst hr. Serum prolactin level is 94. 13 serum testesterone is 35. 94 ngm/dl. Kindly let me know is there any problem in my report ?
Sip your way toward better health with green tea. Touted for its numerous health benefits, the most nutrient-packed types contain catechin and antioxidants that fight and might, even, prevent cell damage. Some of the most effective varieties of best green tea are LongJing, Kukicha, Schincha, Gyokuro and Matcha green tea powder. Enjoy wonderful, hot green tea three times in between meals to reap the most benefits.
And in case you’re wondering just what those health benefits of green tea are, drink these in:
1. Green tea weight loss
The benefit here is two-fold: not only does green tea give your metabolism a boost, but also, choosing this drink over other more sugary options will greatly decrease your caloric intake, therefore, green tea and weight loss go hand in hand.
2. Less stress
According to health.com, the amino acid, theanine, in green tea, is known for its calming effect. Research shows that it can reduce both a rising heart rate and rising blood pressure.
3. Cancer prevention
While the jury is still out on if there’s “proof,” some studies have shown that green tea might help eliminate cancer cells; and because green tea is known to assist healthy cells with growth, many feel that drinking this “wonder” beverage might be one of the ways to naturally help your body heal from the inside.
4. Reduced risk of diabetes
Green tea can help prevent both sharp increase in blood sugar after a meal and high insulin spikes (thus, also helping prevent fat storage).
5. Decreased chance of heart disease
Drink green tea and thus, equip your blood vessels with the ability to better withstand changes in blood pressure and formation of clots – the number one cause of heart attacks.
6. Lowered cholesterol
Leave your good cholesterol untouched and bring your bad cholesterol down with regular consumption of green tea.
7. Protection of brain cells
Green tea might have a role in preventing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s by protecting brain cells from dying and restoring those that are damaged.
8. Stop tooth decay
The aforementioned catechin has the ability to eradicate bacteria and viruses, thus, protecting your teeth from many dental conditions, including tooth decay.
9. Lowered blood pressure
A 2004 study of Chinese tea drinkers showed that drinking as little as a half-cup of green tea daily could potentially lower the risk of high blood pressure by nearly 50%.
10. Less depression
Similar to its effect on those with anxiety, consumption of theanine (a component of green tea), alleviate stress and promote relaxation.
Green tea has been shown to have an antiviral effect on the influenza virus.
The antioxidants in green tea can counteract the effects of free radicals, which are harmful to the skin. When applied topically, green tea can reduce sun damage and rejuvenate the skin.
13. Improved brain health
One Swiss study showed that brains of green tea-drinkers had more activity in working-memory area, than brains of those who haven’t included green tea into their diet regimen.
14. Healthy cells
Because the leaves of green tea are not heavily processed, it’s rich in the catechins that could, potentially, prevent cell damage.
Wonderful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea are likely to slow the development of signs of aging.
16. Protection from arthritis
According to CNN, green tea can boost the immune system and reduce joint-destroying substances.
17. Stronger bones
Drinking green tea regularly can help stimulate bone formation and help slow the breakdown and weakening of existing bones.
18. Combat food poisoning
Drinking green tea frequently can protect you from the diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and dehydration (that can accompany food poisoning), thanks to powerful bactericidal effects of this wonderful healthy drink.
Green tea benefits also include boosting your immune system. No wonder it’s a favorite in many rehab centres. Prime your immune system to fight off infection with powerful antioxidants in green tea, which can fight off free radicals very efficiently.
20. Prevent asthma
The caffeine in green tea will not just give you a jolt of energy – it can also help those with asthma breathe easier by relaxing their muscles.
Hello. As i, one month pregnant with gallstones of size 16. 4 mm. Now the problem is that everyday bile comes in my vomiting and my skin is getting pale yellow. What to do. Should I remove this pregnancy and then go for operation. M so worried, day by day I am getting weak. My haemoglobin is just 7 and platelets are 1, 33200. What to do.
An iron deficiency can mean that you aren’t able to produce enough oxygen-carrying red blood cells — therefore your body struggles to transport oxygen to your brain, tissues, muscles and cells, leaving you feeling exhausted and weak.
2. Muscle function
Iron is needed for muscle movement because it helps store the oxygen in muscles that allows them to move and strengthen. About 70 percent of your body’s iron can found in the red blood cells of your blood called hemoglobin along with muscle cells called myoglobin. It accepts, stores, transports and releases oxygen.
3. Brain function
The brain is very dependent on oxygen for proper function. If iron is not present, the brain does not receive the oxygen it needs, resulting in poor memory, decreased productivity and apathy. Children with iron deficiency tend to become irritable, restless and are unable to pay attention in class. These symptoms typically disappear once iron levels are restored.
Pregnant women should consume more iron-rich foods than anyone else since not only do they require iron, but they also need to meet the needs of the fetus and placenta. Pregnant women’s iron needs are around 27 milligrams daily, and this is often covered in a prenatal multivitamin.
According to the world health organization, iron deficiency during a pregnancy can increase the risk of maternal and infant mortality, premature birth, and low birthweight.
5. Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome is a condition characterized by uncomfortable feelings in your legs, giving you a strong urge to move them in order to find relief. Low iron levels are known to play a role in the occurrence of restless leg syndrome.
A woman is the primary health care taker in a family. She is the first person a child consults when he or she is sick; she looks after the nutrition of the entire family, she is the one who dresses your wounds at home. According to a study conducted on 500 mumbai families the monitoring of a disease, the nutrition and proper intake of medicines is monitored by the lady of the house. This women’s day let us look into the health problem she faces. Let us take care of our daughters, sisters, wives, mothers and grandmothers.
A woman faces many changes in her life, firstly at puberty, during pregnancy and child birth and menopause. During each of this change her body goes through many changes physically, mentally and emotionally which can cause a deviation in her state of health. It is here that homoeopathy comes to be of great aid for her.
Let us look at few homoeopathic medicines that can give the woman in your family a disease free life:
1) Dysmenorrhoea that is painful menses: every woman has faced this problem in her life. This pain can incapacitate her from her work. Mag phos is an excellent remedy for dysmenorrhoea. Severe cramping pain in lower abdomen relieved by warm fomentation is relieved when mag phos is taken in 6x potency.
2) Remedies such as calc carb, bovista etc are of good use in leucorrhoea that is white discharge from vagina but these remedies are best taken on prescription of registered homoeopathic practitioner.
3) A common complaint a woman faces during pregnancy is vomiting during pregnancy. Medicines such as nux vomica and sepia will help a great deal in this complaint. A pregnant lady must take care that if she is vomiting more than 3 times a day and cannot retain slightest solid or liquid then she must consult the practitioner immediately.
4) Another change that comes in a woman’s life is at menopause. As the name it self suggests that it means the end of her fertility cycle. During this period a woman complaints of palpitations, weakness, irritability, hot flashes etc. The medicine belladonna will help you against the hot flashes and palpitation. Women rapidly lose bone density after menopause increasing their risk of osteoporosis. Calc phos taken in 6x potency will help in such case.
The health authorities all over the world are trying to educate and inform people regarding the woman’s health. It is time that we wake up to the reality of healthy women being the harbingers of a healthy nation and work individually and collectively in this regard.
I have a boil type on the outer ring of my right nipple and is very painful please suggest the reason and treatment for relieving pain and its been 2days. I have been applying Valbet but it has not decreased the pain.
Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints. Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.
Some of these ailing superfoods for arthritis are:
- Leafy greens: Green, leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cabbage and lettuce have a high content of antioxidants, calcium and magnesium which help in neutralizing the negative charges in the body. In case of arthritis, it prevents the further progression of the disease. 5 servings of steamed vegetables per day can work wonders for your joint pain.
- Fishes: Fish, especially oily fish goes a long way in reducing joint pain and stiffness. They are highly rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which contain anti - inflammatory properties. 2 to 4 portions of oily fish per week can have an impact on you for many years to come.
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains mono - saturated fats and antioxidants, which have anti - inflammatory properties. Increase in the intake of olive oil can reduce risks of rheumatoid arthritis and prevent associated conditions. It can be used as both raw oil in preparing salads and also as cooking oil.
- Apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. As true as it may be, among many other nutrients, apples are a rich source of antioxidants and magnesium which are beneficial for the bones. A daily intake of 100g of apples eaten as a sole snack, or mixed with salads would in the long run prevent the risks of arthritis.
- Onions: Onions apart from fostering good digestion is also loaded with quercetin which is a bioflavonoid antioxidant that suppresses inflammation. It effectively removes the free radicals within arthritis joints and also reduces the release of protein- destroying enzymes. It can be consumed raw, can be served as a sauce and can also be used for cooking.Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints.
Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.