Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KasturiYour feedback matters!
I am not getting pregnant for nine months. I have a baby about five years. My all reports are normal only AMH is in satisfactory range. Please guide me. My period is irregular, what shall I do? Please advice.
We are a newly married couple and my wife finds it painful to have sex as I am quite huge for her what can I do to ensure our sexual experience is smoother?
I am newly Married, First intercourse was 45 days ago (on 14th day of menstrual). I missed my menstrual this month, we are not planning for kids right now. It's 4 weeks delayed. I have Done Pregnancy testing using the strips, it shows positive. We would like to terminate pregnancy without any risks in future. I heard of Mifty Kit which contains" Mifepristone.
What are the symptoms of pregnancy. What are ways of avoiding the pregnancy. How can it be abortion.
Hello all, one of my friend had a self wanted abortion in jan later she regret for the decision and decided to get pregnant again. Then she miscarriage at 6 weeks She had the torch test done yesterday Here are the readings Rubella igG = 2.88 Cytomegalovirus cvm igG = 3.56 Rest all infection is negative. Is this miscarriage happened because of above infection? How it can be treated? How to avoid next miscarriage? How to have a healthy pregnancy next time? Since this above infection is positive after how many months she shud try? Will this infection affect next pregnancy? Please suggest She is very upset.
Meri date 18 jun ko ai thi and 20 ko khatm ho gai thi mera ovulation period min 25 days aur max 28 days hota hai maine 21 jun 26 jun 1 jul and 5 jil ko sex kia kya isme pregnancy ki chances hai aur main prega news se kab tak check kar sakti hu.
Self-Care at Home
Treatment is not needed for all sexual problems. Some problems can be solved by you and your partner alone with a little openness and creativity.
* Some problems go away by themselves over time--patience and understanding are all that is required.
* Sometimes talking the problem out with your partner is enough. Women who learn to tell their partners about their sexual needs have a better chance of having a satisfying sex life.
* Try to make the solution fun -- think up ways to inject a little romance and excitement into your sexual routine.
Some strategies women use to overcome sexual problems:
* Set aside time to be alone or alone with your partner, without children and other distractions.
* Use erotic videos or books to increase arousal.
* Masturbate to learn about what increases your arousal.
* Fantasize about what arouses you sexually; if appropriate, tell your partner about these fantasies. Use sensual massage and other forms of touch.
* Try new sexual positions or scenarios.
* Use relaxation techniques such as a warm bath before having sex.
* Use a vaginal lubricant to relieve arousal problems due to vaginal dryness.
Im 19 year old female. For the past few months I have notice that I began to develop boils on my buttocks when I about to start my menstrual cycle. Lately, they have become more painful than usual. What can cause boils to develop each time I start to have my cycle? How can I overcome this.
I have problem with monthly periods come in 10 to 7 days in advance. Could you please suggest my problem. Age 29 yrs.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.
While pressing my breast I get watery discharge my prolactin test n thyroid test were normal m taking opiprol 50 mg n nexito plus 0.5 mg m really worried is it breast cancer no lump in breast freaking out.
My grand mother is a paralysis patient now she recovered about 80-90 % but can not speak properly? Kindly suggest.
Hi I am newly married and at this time we don't want baby. But we did without protection Now we r thinking to have I pill. Kindly suggest I pill is good option or not. Further note that from last three days we are on honeymoon then it's how much risky to take I pill Additionally note that my wife having thyroid issue. Kindly suggest what we do.
What is depression?
Everyone sometimes feels sad, but these feelings usually pass after a few days. When a woman has depression, she has trouble with her daily life for weeks at a time. More women than men get depression. It is a serious illness, and most women who have it need treatment to get better.
What are the different forms of depression?
The most common types of depression are:
Major depression?severe symptoms that interfere with a woman's ability to work, sleep, study, eat, and enjoy life. An episode of major depression may occur only once in a person's lifetime. But more often, a person can have several episodes.
Dysthymic disorder or dysthymia?depressive symptoms that last a long time (2 years or longer), but less severe than those of major depression.
Minor depression?similar to major depression and dysthymia, but symptoms are less severe and may not last as long.
What are the signs and symptoms of depression?
Different people have different symptoms. Some symptoms of depression include:
Feeling sad or "empty"
Feeling hopeless, irritable, anxious, or guilty
Loss of interest in favorite activities
Feeling very tired
Not being able to concentrate or remember details
Not being able to sleep, or sleeping too much
Overeating, or not wanting to eat at all
Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems
What causes depression in women?
Several factors may contribute to depression in women.
Genes?women with a family history of depression may be more likely to develop it than those whose families do not have the illness.
Brain chemistry and hormones?people with depression have different brain chemistry than those of people without the illness. Also, the hormones that control emotions and mood can affect brain chemistry.
During certain times of a woman's life, her hormones may be changing, which may affect her brain chemistry. For example, after having a baby (postpartum period), hormones and physical changes may be overwhelming. Some women experience postpartum depression, a serious form of depression that needs treatment. Other times of hormonal change, such as transition into menopause, may increase a woman's risk for depression.
Stress?loss of a loved one, a difficult relationship, or any stressful situation may trigger depression in some women.
How is depression treated?
The first step to getting the right treatment is to visit a doctor or mental health professional. He or she can do an exam or lab tests to rule out other conditions that may have the same symptoms as depression. He or she can also tell if certain medications you are taking may be affecting your mood.
The doctor should get a complete history of symptoms, including when they started, how long they have lasted, and how bad they are. He or she should also know whether they have occurred before, and if so, how they were treated. He or she should also ask if there is a history of depression in your family.
Medications called antidepressants can work well to treat depression. They can take several weeks to work. Antidepressants can have side effects including:
Nausea, feeling sick to your stomach.
Difficulty sleeping and nervousness.
Agitation or restlessness.
Most side effects lessen over time. Talk to your doctor about any side effects you may have. ASK ME ONLINE,PRIVATELY FOR ANY DOUBTS AND HELP
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus causebladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Natural therapies are a great option to support your body and prepare it for pregnancy. As with any approach trying to decrease the chance of miscarriage, these steps will help to nourish and support the body, inviting a healthy pregnancy to occur.
Preparing ahead of time for your pregnancy is also important for decreasing the chance of a miscarriage, these steps must be practiced for at least 3 months before you become pregnant again. If you are currently experiencing a miscarriage contact your doctor or midwife right away.
Prepare for conception: The first step is to prepare your body with fertility cleansing. Fertility cleansing helps you to support the liver in cleansing the body of old toxins and excess hormones while encouraging the uterus to cleanse itself of ‘old’ contents, increasing uterine circulation and tone.
Eat a nutrient dense fertility diet: The next step is to nourish and build up your body to be a healthy, baby friendly body. This can be done through eating a well balanced and nutritious diet. What you eat has a strong impact on:
- The health of your eggs
- Your hormonal balance
- Creating a healthy placenta
- Decreases chance of a miscarriage
- Building nutrient storage for baby
- Creating a healthy reproductive system
Build a healthy foundation: One of the major foundational steps to increase your chance of having a healthy pregnancy is to take some basic vitamins, minerals, and EFA’s. There are specific vitamins and minerals that are necessary for a healthy reproductive system, hormonal balance, and ovulation. Essential fatty acids are also extremely important for miscarriage prevention.
Apply fertility or abdominal massage: Another important element of promoting a healthy conception is to increase circulation to the uterus. Through applying a simple massage method called self fertility massage you are able to increase the circulation to the uterus, clear adhesions and congestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.