Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am a 25yr old male and my colour is fair but it change to black for last 2 months. What should I do?
I am taking Telmisartan 80mg chlorthalidone 6.25mg tablet for last 12 months and some black spots on the forehead and skull appears. Is it reaction of the pill? what to do.
Hello doc. Nishank dis side I am suffering from some black black spot on my body skin. please help wts d solution.
Every woman wishes for great legs they can flaunt in tiny shorts and skirts whenever they feel like it. The greatest impediment to this freedom, however, is unattractive spider and varicose veins that make legs lose their aesthetic value and limit women from enjoying experimenting with short outfits. Not only do these veins look unattractive on legs, but they are quite painful as well. The good news is that modern medicine has enabled doctors to use the body's own healing mechanisms to amend the problem. Doctors can now employ the use of laser treatments and injections to provide quick relief to patients. What's more, these treatments can be addressed easily in a doctor's office and require short visits, and you can walk comfortably out of the doctor's office on your own (learn more about varicose veins).
How it works
Minimally invasive laser treatments and injections are used to collapse and then shrink the affected veins. Thereafter, the veins are then absorbed into the tissue that underlay this, and will bring a clear effect such that all the visible traces will be gone. The surrounding healthy veins will then take control and restore the normal circulation of the body. While there might be some little bruising noticed, it will only last temporarily.
Today the treatments for these veins are improved and what's more, the process is much more comfortable. This is unlike the past where thick, uncomfortable, elastic compression socks were used to relieve pain and the procedures involved a surgery where veins are stripped out of the leg and patients are put under anesthetics. The options that are available today include endovenous laser ablation where a map around the abnormal vein is created with ultrasound, a catheter inserted into the vein and a laser carefully passed through the catheter generating a controlled amount of heat that will seal the vein and redirect blood to the healthy vessels. There is injection sclerotherapy where a pharmaceutical liquid is injected into the vein that will cause the vessels walls to adhere and then seal shut and the blood instantly gets directed to healthier veins while the treated vein disappears. Laser sclerotherapy is reserved for tiny superficial veins and may not get injected.
While there is no cure for varicose veins, a doctor can prescribe post treatment instructions that will minimize the chances of a patient getting the veins again. Things like managing diet, exercise and good lifestyle choices are among them. Also routine monitoring is the key to preventing future reoccurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering with pimples and black spots on my face. I used different types of products. But, there is no results. My skin becoming black. My skin is oily and acne prone skin with black spots. I am requesting Plzz suggest me any useful medicine and tips.
Sir, I have dryness problem on right side of my nose and some white skin comes out, even I use mustard oil to remove it but unable. Pls suggest medicine.
Acne is bothersome. It not just is painful, but can also ruin your looks. No matter what hairstyle you make or how much make-up you apply, acne on face will leave its mark all over to bring your confidence down.
It is a condition that affects many people including teenagers and women. It is characterized by red eruptions that are usually filled with oil, secreted by overactive oil glands in the hair follicles.
Causes of acne are:
- If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chance of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones, such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Cell phones gather all kinds of dirt and bacteria and are a big cause of acne on the chin and around the mouth. Wiping down the screen of your smartphones every day with alcohol or cleaning wipes will keep your phone and your face clean.
- Malfunctioning of hormones even after the age of puberty can lead to acne formation in both males and females.
- Food items rich in carbohydrates can trigger acne. Dairy products could also worsen the condition.
Ayurvedic treatment aims to eliminate the problem from its root.
- Herbs like lodhra (symplocos racemosa), manjishtha (rubia cordifolia) and kushta (saussurea lappa) are known for their properties to reduce acne.
- Turmeric (curcuma longa) and chandana (santalum album) are also effective in treating acne.
- The application of jaiphal (myristica fragrans) and khas-khas (vetiveria zizanioides) is believed to provide satisfactory results.
- Neem (azadirachta indica), guduchi (tinospora cordifolia) are known for their blood purifying properties, which can lessen the occurrence of acne and pimple in the long run.