Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kasi Visalakshi K P
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kasi Visalakshi K PYour feedback matters!
She working out to lose weight, today she was feeling weak and her blood pressure has gone down please explain.Please tell.
Do's and Don'ts for High Blood Pressure
Making few dietary changes and losing weight are effective for reducing the blood pressure.
- Lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
- Eat a healthy diet, including more of fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy products, less saturated and total fat.
- Potassium is an important for the maintenance of high blood pressure e.g coconut water, banana etc.
- Exercise regularly atleast for 30 mins.
My cpk mb level rises and now it is 31.7 is there any problem of heart. Ecg report ok. I am taking medicne revilol xl-25, glyzid m 500 x 4 nd volibo 0.3 & ecosprin 75 before 06 month cpk level was below 24.
I am 24 years old male. My bp is 130/90. It has been checked several times through the last 1 year and its coming same. Is that a matter of worry that my bp is high?
Sir meri beti ko heart mai hole hai aur uska treatment sri satya sai sanjeevani hospital naya Raipur se chal rha hai wo 8 month ke hai Dr. ne usse Aldactone aur furoped syrup deya hai Dr. furoped syrup ke manufacturing band ho gye hai main uske jagah par usse koun se medicine du.
Why I get a headache after taking vigora. Which medicine can be taken safely for it. Is it harmful for heart to take vigora.
I was operated for angioplasty on 2-12-15.60% stenosis in lf. circumflex. Treatment given is. disprin-150 mg, prasovas-10 mg, prolomet-12.5 mg, atorlip- 40 mg. In addition to glycomet gp1 bd for diabetes. Pl. Guide me for course of treatment and exercise to be done.
Are you experiencing irregular and fluctuating heartbeats? Is your heartbeat too fast or too slow? If yes, then it signifies that you are suffering from arrhythmias or abnormal heart rhythms. This is a disorder which affects the heart rate or heart rhythm and the heartbeat becomes irregular.
Causes of abnormal heart rhythms
Arrhythmias occurs due to problems with the electrical conduction system of the heart. In this case, abnormal signals might occur; the electrical signals might get blocked or slowed down, or the electric signals may travel in different paths throughout the heart. Abnormal heartbeats are commonly caused by the following:
- Abnormal potassium levels in the body
- Heart attacks or due to a damaged heart muscle, owing to a previous heart attack
- Inborn heart diseases
- Cases of an enlarged heart and heart failure
- Overreaction of the thyroid gland
- Several other substances or medicines may lead to arrhythmias, such as alcohol, stimulant drugs, caffeine, nicotine, and antidepressant medicines or blood pressure medicines.
Diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythms
For the diagnosis of arrhythmias, your doctor will use a stethoscope to listen to your heartbeat. Several health monitoring devices are used to detect abnormal heart rhythms. These include the Holter monitor and the event monitor, or a loop recorder.
Other diagnosis tests which are required to be carried out include coronary angiography, ECG or electrocardiogram, and an echocardiogram. A test known as an electrophysiology can be undertaken for getting a closer look at the electrical system of the heart.
Treatment for abnormal heart rhythms
When a case of arrhythmias is severe, urgent treatment is required for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal. The different forms of treatment are as follows:
- Electrical shock therapy such as defibrillation or cardioversion
- Implanting of a heart pacemaker for a short term
- Certain medications which are given through the veins or orally
- A group of medicines known as anti-arrhythmic drugs is used for the prevention of recurrence of the condition and to keep the heart rate from fluctuating continually.
- Cardiac ablation may be carried out for destroying some areas in the heart from where the rhythm problems are caused.
- An implantable cardiac defibrillator is used in people who are at a risk of facing cardiac death.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!