Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Submit a review for Dr. KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
I smooched a girl 2 months ago. I cannot remember whether that girl had bleeding gums. I tested my hiv after two months of exposure. The cut off index is 0.12. Can smooching transmit hiv? Do we have such records and patient?
Hi Dr. I am doing jog from 2 years. I recently bought a fitness band. Does the fitness band show accurate heartbeat. Because my heart beat is only between 50 to 55 at rest position. If it is accurate heart beat is good or bad?
I have an problems of stomach infection when I get oily food in the afternoon I can not get relaxed in whole day. What should I do for making this problem out.
I have a very tight foreskin. I found that my condition matches with phimosis. Please tell what are my available treatments?
I feel tired most of the times and have acidity issues. Also I have some white flakes on my head. Pls suggest.
My penile vein is bent to down word. It looks like a bump. No erection no sensation please guide me that the nerve will be straighten again or I can never achieve hard erection?
I have suffering from headache from last one month regularly. But I do not know why is this for, please suggest me some remedy.
I am suffering from fever which medicine is good for me? Is protein nutrilite is good for me or not? To be strong and healthy?
I am suffering mouth infection for week. Now I am using riboflavin tablets. And how should I prevent that? Nd which vitamin is more suitable for that suggest best vegetables.
I have antral gastritis m taking flagyl 200 mg thrice a day. But after 1 or 2 days of using. I dun want take again coz it upset my stomach. It irritate at right upper abdomen.
How long working out is good in summer season? What all food are good after working out what drinks are good.
I have been suffering from gas and acidity since from 2 to 3 years. I had suffered from jaundice (minor) 2 times in the year of 1995 and 2002. Since then this problem has been arise. I consult with several doctor and as per their advice I have done lever function test. But nothing new issue has been found and doctor said your lever is now OK. Now in recent days I have a problem in eating food at dinner time. Usually I eat rice 3 times in a day. At evening after returning from my office is use to drink tea (red) and some snacks. But in dinner time I always feel my stomach is heavy and unable to eat rice in dinner time. Please advice for the same.
I had cold and sore throat. But I still have cough in throat and feel like coughing every time I start speaking.
Hi from 5 days I suffering from cold. I took a table also but no use. What shall I do, any suggestions for me. It will be helpful for me and am waiting for you suggestions. Thanks you. Regards Thrilok.
I am not suffering from any fever or any serious problems I checked TB also but it was -ve but then also I have coughing problem. In a whole month near about 15-20 days I suffer from cough. More of the time it's dry cough but sometime it's not.
I was just doing little diet by controlling my break fast but after some months I was feeling tired n I was feeling my heart beats were heavy n I was not able walk fast also n I was having pain in my chest n upper abdomen please suggest me.
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.